Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

For the french out there

Judith Magre Looking incredible at almost 97. Shouldn’t have bring her back in my list.

• Like 2

Jane Birkin looking awful at this night cérémonie des Cesar, after her 2021 stroke. A shame she didn’t get that Cesar for best documentary, I don’t think she could ever get another one

AFA6979A-A07B-4A21-B11C-ECA7FF0C4371.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Jane Birkin looking awful at this night cérémonie des Cesar, after her 2021 stroke. A shame she didn’t get that Cesar for best documentary, I don’t think she could ever get another one

Bit confused by the number of hands there.

• Haha 4

Bit of an obscure one I found while going through Google news

Don Jackson - 50's musician who is waiting for liver transplant and got diagnosed with liver cancer in 2021. NHS making him wait and according to this article has months to live.

2 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Don Jackson - 50's musician who is waiting for liver transplant and got diagnosed with liver cancer in 2021. NHS making him wait and according to this article has months to live.

Good find!

Was he an obscure 50s musician with no hits? I can’t find a Wiki page.

It's more likely that he's in his 50s than from the 50s - he seems to have played in several York based bands over the past few decades, none of which seem to have been succesful.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

This makes me incredibly sad...

23 hours ago, Toast said:

Bit confused by the number of hands there.

A talented (drunk) artist's interpretation:

1453817304_AFA6979A-A07B-4A21-B11C-ECA7FF0C4371.thumb.jpeg.571973503b1fd8abe589ae48823554b43.jpeg.b24dc6ed1da0b2321bb79274dd74a95f.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

I found out about him 3 weeks ago.I didn't post him on here as could find nothing noteworthy he has done.Yes he is a local musician but researching him just lead me to a brick wall regarding his career.Came across his case in the mirror yesterday of which the title mentions him as a Dad in the title confirming him to be famous for being ill imo.

On 27/01/2023 at 05:13, The Daredevil said:

Why not Walter Mirisch? Certainly old and famous enough. 

He produced several of the most famous and influential films ever made (The Pink Panther, The Magnificent Seven, In the Heat of the Night).

Because he's dead already. 

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Because he's dead already. 

Unless he's died very recently (like the last few minutes) he's alive.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Yup.

Before their game Saturday,the NY Knicks brought out members of the 1973 team who won the NBA title.

Here is  the oldest player among the squad, Dick Barnett(86 ) .  Was the only one really who looked like he might be on the Reapers shortlist the next year or two.

Fp278DJWYAAjyt7?format=jpg&name=large

On 24/02/2023 at 19:12, Captain Hemlock said:

Adds that 5-6 other members of Congress have similar issues going on. 

BBC doc has a recent interview with BAFTA winning female director Moira Armstrong. Looks well for 93. Sure we've mentioned her before, especially for directing Quiet as a Nun, but search says no.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moira_Armstrong

BBC website pointed out that James Hong who is director of Everything Everywhere All At Once is 94 (born 1929 for those pooling).

3 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

BBC website pointed out that James Hong who is director of Everything Everywhere All At Once is 94 (born 1929 for those pooling).

He wasn't the director of Everything Everywhere All At Once. He did act in it however, and as reported in other threads looks great for his age.

• Like 2

Reading between the lines Julie Walters severe bad back sounds like it might be her cancer has returned. If so then she is one to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dunno where else to put this, frankly - but this woman has sampled scones in every National Trust location. 49 years old or not I'm wondering how her heart health is holding up, note the cream on the plate in the picture. Her husband was battling cancer and didn't see the end of his journey in assisting her. Seriously doubt his consultant suggested additional baked goods and jam was an ideal treatment. 

_128826139_c3ef628b81b77b9ca332e97ed199b

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64822669

• Like 1