Paul Bearer

The deaD of 2023

Times Obituaries published in February 2023 continued. 
Michel Bourdin - chef - 80

David Horry - adman - 73

Victor Rice - ‘Chimney sweep’s son and saviour of ‘beleaguered’ Massey Ferguson’ - 81

Michael Sayers- Lawyer - 88

Sir Peter Graham Moon - rally driver and womaniser - 80

Norman Jones - circuit judge - 81

Marianne Mantell - publisher - 93

David Griffin - royal chauffeur - 74

Ben Perkins  - Artist and farm manager - 90

Alan Bates - jazz record producer and impresario - 97

• Like 1

Telegraph obituaries published in February 2023. 

Tony Towell - Military- 91

Matthew Rye - classical music writer- 60

Major Jonathan Titley - Gurkha officer - 72

Colin Farley-Sutton - naval engineer - 91

Bob Reiss - theologian - 80

Fred Bailey - SOE operative - 99

Malcolm Walker - editor - 82

Donald Spoto - writer 81

Robin Brodhurst - schoolmaster - 70

Sulamita Aronovsky - pianist - 93

On 14/02/2023 at 12:22, The Old Crem said:

Sorry. I will try and limit my postings a bit more from now on.

On 14/02/2023 at 11:51, MortalCaso said:

I'm not understanding how all this is necessary or useful @The Old Crem.

You are spamming unnotable deaths in multiple threads while also bumping this one needlessly...

@The Old Crem

That didn't last long huh? FFS

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

@The Old Crem

I said I would do this monthly for the three papers. This month won’t have many 2022 deaths left. 

23 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I said I would do this monthly for the three papers. This month won’t have many 2022 deaths left. 

That doesn’t distract from the fact that your reporting of deaths is extremely boring and lazy. You can tell you sit there refreshing 2023 deaths on Wikipedia and decide to announce any updated death from a blue link that crops up that you haven’t clicked on yet. 

Your fame requirements that they must have a picture on their Wikipedia page which is weak in itself. Having a picture on their Wiki page does not mean they are as famous as a notable person who doesn’t. I mark the forum as read whenever you do an announcement spree because I know that it’s rarely a person that’s relevant. 

Could be worse I guess, you’re only a fraction above a death post from Sir Creep in terms of quality, but you will never reach the levels of Tracy and Thatcher. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

That doesn’t distract from the fact that your reporting of deaths is extremely boring and lazy. You can tell you sit there refreshing 2023 deaths on Wikipedia and decide to announce any updated death from a blue link that crops up that you haven’t clicked on yet. 

Your fame requirements that they must have a picture on their Wikipedia page which is weak in itself. Having a picture on their Wiki page does not mean they are as famous as a notable person who doesn’t. I mark the forum as read whenever you do an announcement spree because I know that it’s rarely a person that’s relevant. 

Could be worse I guess, you’re only a fraction above a death post from Sir Creep in terms of quality, but you will never reach the levels of Tracy and Thatcher. 

Well, as a non-british contestant for the ddp I find interesting to see at a glance the people who get qualifying obits, it can be a source of inspiration I think

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sideik said:

Well, as a non-british contestant for the ddp I find interesting to see at a glance the people who get qualifying obits, it can be a source of inspiration I think

I can say with certainty that at least 99% of the deaths splurged over this forum by Crem are not ‘QO worthy’. 

6 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

I can say with certainty that at least 99% of the deaths splurged over this forum by Crem are not ‘QO worthy’. 

But the whole point of the posts above are that even if not notable, the folks in the lists have QOed if I got It right

• Like 1

Seeing as the Admins take no responsibility, I take no responsibility should I duplicate any obit from this person.  As you can see I’ve no idea who has been posted but I’ll assume any name published on Wiki.  
SC

E145F50B-3B03-44C1-83AF-12E041E383C9.png

34 minutes ago, Sideik said:

I take it you don't get out much then....

1 hour ago, MortalCaso said:

@The Old Crem

Is this that big of a problem? It’s only bumping a thread. If you don’t find those deaths interesting, that’s fine - no user on here is gonna be enthralled by every new post. 

• Like 1

I just found out that Justin Schmidt died on February 18th. I tried to see if it was mentioned anywhere else, but nothing came up, for his name. His nickname was "The King of Stings". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_O._Schmidt

• Like 1

Found a report of the death of Jean Balfour, landowner and conservationist who was a former Chair of the Countryside Commission for Scotland for 10 years (1972-1982) oh and one of those CBEs, aged 95: https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/people/tributes-paid-to-jean-balfour-of-balbirnie-artist-landowner-and-conservationist-4047488

Her Wiki page hasn't yet been updated....hmmm....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Under her real name of Margaret Anne Lake, she was last picked for the DDP by @Gooseberry Crumble in 2021 @Death Impends.

https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2021/celebs_L.html#lake99m021

Another List of the Missed.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sad to see a bit of '90s nostalgia gone. Had no idea she was that old. My child brain conflated her with Enya a bit. Spiritual/mystical/New Age women with black bobs.

1 minute ago, prussianblue said:

Sad to see a bit of '90s nostalgia gone. Had no idea she was that old. My child brain conflated her with Enya a bit. Spiritual/mystical/New Age women with black bobs.

Well, this is what I was thinking.

Black bob Ruth Madoc - dead.

Black bob Mystic Meg - dead.

Black bob Mary Quant - ALIVE.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

My other half sent me this.

IMG-20230309-WA0001.jpg

I never saw that one com. . . . . 

Ach I won't.

Too easy ! ! !

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Seeing as Cheltenham is next week (she was a big racing fan) I suspect not.

Sad news. I was a fan from before - she did the horoscopes in one of the Sunday tabloids - but she certainly livened up The National Lottery programme and it was never the same without her. RIP.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I can no longer hear the name Mystic Meg without picturing Brian Conley as Septic Peg!

”the winner of the lottery this week will be a man………or a woman….”

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

I can no longer hear the name Mystic Meg without picturing Brian Conley as Septic Peg!

”the winner of the lottery this week will be a man………or a woman….”

To be fair- she took Brian Conley take very well. And yes Septic Peg was also my first thought - proper ITV Saturday night staple in the 90s. There’s plenty of classic Septic Peg on YouTube which took the National Lottery bit of Meg to pieces.

‘The Big Dipper, The Bear and The Plough are all pubs I’ve been thrown out of…. ‘ Hick

Leslie Hardcastle, former boss of the British Film Institute, and founder of the Museum of Moving Image (which was a great visit while it lasted)  has died aged 96.

• Like 4