Paul Bearer

The deaD of 2023

Maria Charles, probably best known as Maureen Lipman's mother in 'Agony', has apparently died. Posted from a usually very reliable Facebook group.

She ought to get an obit as she was the go-to Jewish mother until Maureen Lipman and Lesley Josrph got older, plus had a very distinguished stage career too.  (And she's a unique pick for me).

Screenshot_20230423-192532_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Maria Charles, probably best known as Maureen Lipman's mother in 'Agony', has apparently died. Posted from a usually very reliable Facebook group.

She ought to get an obit as she was the go-to Jewish mother until Maureen Lipman and Lesley Josrph got older, plus had a very distinguished stage career too.  (And she's a unique pick for me).

I thought she died years ago.

I remember Maria Charles mainly for two roles - her turn in Bar Mitzvah Boy which I think nearly everyone watched and as Windsor Davies' cleaner in Never The Twain.

She never made it on to any of my teams as (i) she could easily have died off radar yonks ago and (ii) her chances of being overlooked for a QO (possible still) - been bitten there before.

I know, wrong of me probably on both counts, but I do like to know they are still alive when I'm picking them.

No mention here? Strictlys Len Goodman gave up the ghost couple days back at 78. His name said it all if I'm honest and they will all miss him at farmfoods :clap:

9 minutes ago, Miranda lass said:

No mention here? Strictlys Len Goodman gave up the ghost couple days back at 78. His name said it all if I'm honest and they will all miss him at farmfoods :clap:

he has his own thread

• Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

he has his own thread

They're probably one of the nitwits that think every death has to be mentioned on this thread, regardless of being mentioned elsewhere

3 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

They're probably one of the nitwits that think every death has to be mentioned on this thread, regardless of being mentioned elsewhere

Speaking as one of the above mentioned nitwits:

These threads are entitled "The Dead Of [Year]", not "Other Deaths of [Year] That Are Not Mentioned Elsewhere".

Some random guy by the name of Randor Guy died on April 23, apparently he's a film historian from India. Just another one of those unusual names who died that I thought I'd mention.

• Like 1

Film editor and music video maker Kevin Hewitt dead at 70, as of 11 January.; particularly noted for his Notting Hill Carnival film work, and videos for Aswad & Sly and Robbie and other 80s acts. Also produced documentaries, including for World in Action, one of which resulted in him getting kidnapped by the Mujahideen. Latterly he also made TV commercials, for e.g. BA and Kellogg's.

• Like 1

American burlesque dancer Toni Elling (Wikidead at 94

• Like 1

On 23/04/2023 at 19:28, Vinegar Tits said:

Was tempted to pick her for Slippery Soap due to her Corrie stint as Blanche Hunt`s feisty best friend who was besotted with Ken and left Eccles the dog to Blanche but she was in her 90`s so I figured fewer points plus I thought she wouldn't be a unique for me (and I was right)

22 hours ago, Gisooo said:

American burlesque dancer Toni Elling (Wikidead at 94

To be fair, she retired from the titty tassells 49 years ago, so a former burlesque dancer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Leroy Carhart, Nebraska abortion doctor dead at 81. List of the Missed on DDP. He was picked in 2010.

https://www.wowt.com/2023/04/28/dr-leroy-carhart-prominent-nebraska-abortion-doctor-dies-81/?outputType=amp

FYI

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8722-doctor-doctor/?tab=comments#comment-257719

Yuri Korolyov died at age 60 on 4/29, he was a Russian gymnast who competed in the 80s, considered the most medaled athlete in the world (9 times champion) and at the continental level who was not an Olympic

https://tass.ru/sport/17647915

image.jpeg.5d0fb5dfa8003b57f99a96039a7447db.jpeg

• Like 3

Newton Minow, chairman of the FCC from 1961 to 1963, has died at 97.

Couldn't think of anywhere else to post this.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Newton Minow, chairman of the FCC from 1961 to 1963, has died at 97.

Couldn't think of anywhere else to post this.

Political frailty - he headed a major executive department when it was in its heyday and was a Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient. 

Ana Paula Borgo died at age 29, the Brazilian was a volleyball player and was silver in the league of nations 2019 and South American champion in the same year, in 2021-2022 she was playing for Bergamo (ITA), she was diagnosed with stomach cancer in September 2022

Paula Borgo — Foto: Reprodução instagram

• Confused 1