Grim Reaper

Andy Taylor

Ouch this was my childhood crush as a young teen, but I totally understand why he has a thread this year. It is just sad though he is still young at 61 and on a tough journey.

• Like 3

It's a disappointing end to a young life but these things unfortunately happen 

Best wishes to Andy while he's still with us and his family 

• Like 2

Decent pick.

Personally I think John Ashton of the Psychedelic Furs would’ve been a better pick

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Personally I think John Ashton of the Psychedelic Furs would’ve been a better pick

I think Alagiah would have been better than both.Stage 4 cancer for nearly 5 years and first diagnosed nearly 9 years ago with stage 4 cancer plus is having more frequent setbacks.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Duran Duran are massively culturally and commercially successful in the UK.Much more than Psychedelic Furs.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I think Alagiah would have been better than both.Stage 4 cancer for nearly 5 years and first diagnosed nearly 9 years ago with stage 4 cancer plus is having more frequent setbacks.

Oh I only brought him up because both are new wave guitarists of classic 80s bands

• Like 2

I can't decide whether to say a prayer for him now or to save it until the morning after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Shocked 1

Terrible pick. Ashton is a year longer into what appears to be his demise.  How can any respectable DLer compare Andy Taylor and John Ashton and decide Taylor is the better choice?  Ok it’s not so much that Taylor is a horrid pick but you would have had to list Ashton first and his absence is glaring. 

SC

• Confused 2

Is his health failing? Didn't follow Duran Duran weekly journal...

2 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Is his health failing? Didn't follow Duran Duran weekly journal...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2022/nov/07/duran-duran-andy-taylor-reveals-he-has-stage-4-cancer

9 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Terrible pick. Ashton is a year longer into what appears to be his demise.  How can any respectable DLer compare Andy Taylor and John Ashton and decide Taylor is the better choice?  Ok it’s not so much that Taylor is a horrid pick but you would have had to list Ashton first and his absence is glaring.

How have you worked that out?

Just realised the age is wrong on here.Taylor is 62 this year not 63.Also Musharraf is 80 this year nor 81.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Just realised the age is wrong on here.Taylor is 62 this year not 63.Also Musharraf is 80 this year nor 81.

Don't worry, he'll be 63 next year.

• Like 1

Just now, Salmon Mousse said:

Don't worry, he'll be 63 next year.

I think the grim reaper may have other ideas regarding that.

• Like 2

My dad found he had prostate cancer due to a routine check up. It was early stages and so he managed to have surgery to remove his prostate.

In the following years a lot of my dad's friends also have had prostate cancer but all survived. Including my cousin who ended up raising money for prostate cancer uk by cycling from John O'Groats to Lands End.

Sadly my friend's dad got the cancer but it had spread and died a few years ago. He actually found out weeks before she got married but didn't tell her for a while as it was her special day. Lovely man.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Video link to the interview.Looks visibly unwell but not at deaths door.Sounds alert and reasonably good.Said before he was diagnosed it felt like tumours were pressing on his neck.He also said recent treatment advances have helped him.Might wel see 2024 but 11 and a half months is a long time.

• Like 3

I think it's somewhat slow-moving, so I'll be on the look out for that swollen look like Bill Turnbull, Gary Burgess and James Whale. That's when it's only going to be a few months left.

Still, the hat and sunglasses show that it's not been a cakewalk.

• Like 2

On 05/01/2023 at 15:53, Sean said:

Age needs amending on front page to 62 for his impending 62nd birthday on 16th February.

10 hours ago, Philip said:

He's not yet there where, say Frank Field, is, or Bill Turnbull in his final years was, in my opinion. He's still fighting the inevitable, and I assume the situation is somewhat under control.

But I can already see it, he gets dropped from the DeathList next year and then dies.

• Like 3