Spade_Cooley

Deathlist Cup 2023

Masum Babul was a three-time winner of the Bangladesh National Film Award for Best Choreography. It might be more than three actually, as nobody's updated the Wikipedia page for the Bangladesh National Film Award for Best Choreography since 2018. Anyway, he's dead now, and Arghton turns more to ARRRRGGHHHHton as gcreptile goes 17-0 up in their clash.

An Fear Baeg 6 vs Pop_Zeus 0 
CalebH 0 vs Captain Hemlock 3
BabyBlue 0 vs Annami 6
ladyfiona 3 vs DevonDeathTrip 6
Perhaps 6 vs Grim Up North 9
GuyFromFuture 0 vs CaptainChorizo 3
Hell 6 vs LizLemon 0
alt obits guy 9 vs YorkshireBanker 0
gcreptile 17 vs Arghton 0
SpadeCooley 6 vs JoeMoneypenny 3
deadsox 3 vs Gooseberry Crumble 0
TQR 6 vs MariNisia 9
The Old Crem 3 vs Banana 9
diego 3 vs Sir Cunto 9
msc 6 vs TheKillingTime  6
Sideik 6 vs wannamaker 6

• Like 8

Otis Taylor was an AmFo wide-receiver who played his entire career with the Kansas City Chiefs. His most notable achievement was scoring the touchdown that helped the Chiefs beat the Minnesota Vikings in the 1970 "World Championship Game" - the last time the tournament was held before it was renamed the "Superbowl". And the death of Otis means Gooseberry Crumble is finding deadsox to hard to handle: the latter goes 7-0 in their tie with a unique.

deadsox 7 vs Gooseberry Crumble 0
diego 3 vs Sir Cunto 9
BabyBlue 0 vs Annami 6
Hell 6 vs LizLemon 0
TQR 6 vs MariNisia 9
Sideik 6 vs wannamaker 6

• Like 5

:clap:@deadsox well done mate!  Otis Taylor could have been legitimately played the past 48 months but only to disappointment. This month, however…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Otis Taylor was an AmFo wide-receiver who played his entire career with the Kansas City Chiefs. His most notable achievement was scoring the touchdown that helped the Chiefs beat the Minnesota Vikings in the 1970 "World Championship Game" - the last time the tournament was held before it was renamed the "Superbowl". And the death of Otis means Gooseberry Crumble is finding deadsox to hard to handle: the latter goes 7-0 in their tie with a unique.

diego 3 vs Sir Cunto 9
BabyBlue 0 vs Annami 6
Hell 6 vs LizLemon 0
TQR 6 vs MariNisia 9
Sideik 6 vs wannamaker 6

@deadsox is definitely a strong, impressive, decent, tough and worthy contender but I still regard myself as still in it to win it-until I'm not!!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@deadsox is definitely a strong, impressive, decent, tough and worthy contender but I still regard myself as still in it to win it-until I'm not!!

I'm not resting on my laurels Goose.  You have a bunch of uniques and there's lots of March left.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, deadsox said:

I'm not resting on my laurels Goose.  You have a bunch of uniques and there's lots of March left.

Freddie Foreman,  Iris Apfel and Michael Aspel please don't let me down I'm relying on you!;)

On 01/03/2023 at 04:50, Spade_Cooley said:

Catherine Wreford    

Who is this?  I get a grand total … of *looks at screen* ZERO hits on Google.  Is the name spelled correctly?

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Who is this?  I get a grand total … of *looks at screen* ZERO hits on Google.  Is the name spelled correctly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Wreford

I mean this in the nicest possible way... what the fuck search engine are you using? AskJeeves? Altavista? 

• Like 1

First mentioned on the forums in 2018, recent winner of Amazing Race Canada. If only she was a local crooner from Detroit.

Still not seeing an English-language Tongo obit that isn't machine-translated...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Wreford

I mean this in the nicest possible way... what the fuck search engine are you using? AskJeeves? Altavista? 

I said Google in the question.  Would you like a screen shot of the results page?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

image.thumb.png.46639de87cb1f85dcb0a99c23c413c1d.png

Whoever she is she’s unimportant as she is not on death’s door which is all I need to know going forward. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Still not seeing an English-language Tongo obit that isn't machine-translated...

Does this count?

It's a translation of a spanish news report from the same website, but it looks like it was translated by the same guy that made the original report.

Yeah, I'm going to allow that. Softonic is a Spain-based web portal, so it has some vague chops.

José Abelardo Gutiérrez Alanya, aka Tongo, was a Peruvian cumbia musician who became beloved by various generations of Spanish-language internet memesters thanks to his garbled covers of songs like "Let It Be", "Rap God" and "Pumped Up Kicks".

Six teams run run run, faster than my bullets, wannmaker and Grim Up North among those nosing ahead in their ties.

diego 3 vs Sir Cunto 9
Sideik 6 vs wannamaker 9

GuyFromFuture 0 vs CaptainChorizo 6
CalebH 0 vs Captain Hemlock 6
BabyBlue 0 vs Annami 6
Hell 6 vs LizLemon 0
Perhaps 9 vs Grim Up North 12
TQR 9 vs MariNisia 9

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

floodgates-open-431993.jpg

pictures_boeing-slope_HERO-300x222.png

istockphoto-597274640-612x612.jpg

Lautaro Ronchi has been moved from ICU to a regular hospital room.  That is all.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2023 at 04:50, Spade_Cooley said:

Judy Hall 

The astrologer/author died in 2021.

The school secretary died in January.

The ‘musician’ who knows. She barely exists.

The professors?  Aye it’s got to be, except nothing is wrong with either of them. Even had my wife look at Twitter.
Maybe it’s @Bibliogryphon celeb neighbour with no FB/Twitter/Google footprint and he has inside info. It’s a fair cop.

There’s one on FB doesn’t seem to do anything, lives in Massachusetts.

Or maybe it’s one of these FB profile ‘celebs’ (see photo). 

141733BA-F11A-492D-83C5-4A0A7D9F76D7.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

It's the pianist Judy Hall, the same Judy Hall who is the only Judy Hall that comes up (six times) if you search for her name on this forum. 

I do apologize to whoever said they were going to take over running the cup next year.

• Like 7

While things are a little quiet here, just as a heads-up: I'm going on holiday April 1st, so the teams going up may be slightly late (or maybe I'll do it on the plane if BA's wifi is strong enough and the guy on the seat in front hasn't leaned his chair back).

• Like 1

Jon Bruce, a legend of the Sheffield Eagles rugby league team and, latterly a new signing for my Deathlist Cup squad, has succumbed to cancer, aged just 51.  

Aside from a tribute on the team's site, he hasn't seen any other obit action yet. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Jon Bruce, a legend of the Sheffield Eagles rugby league team and, latterly a new signing for my Deathlist Cup squad, has succumbed to cancer, aged just 51.  

Aside from a tribute on the team's site, he hasn't seen any other obit action yet. 

Admirable discovery DDT, as always.  Seems he was in hospice, which must have been the tip-off.  But probably only on Twitter, so I missed him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Quietest first two rounds of The Cup ever?

My limited research thus far doesn’t project well for many points/deaths in April either.  

• Like 1