Spade_Cooley

Deathlist Cup 2023

2 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

Could Superstar give me hope?

Also hoping that the dies, thought that Moon Fun Chin might obit since there was some reports on him & he lived in the US, but it seems that I was too optimistic about his chances.

Also kicking myself for not putting Gloria Molina, had her on my shortlist but I completely forgot about her when I was building my team...

• Like 1

Should be noted George Caley died a few days ago. No obit as of yet.

12 hours ago, Banana said:

Should be noted George Caley died a few days ago. No obit as of yet.

Would a Legacy obit count? 

9 minutes ago, Steve said:

I saw that, and would say no (having picked him myself). Isn't it basically a copy/pasted paid-for obit? Meaning, not "news" but your regular obituary section where you can see if your neighbour has died?

Considering however, that the news only now became public, he might still get something from the local paper.

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I saw that, and would say no (having picked him myself). Isn't it basically a copy/pasted paid-for obit? Meaning, not "news" but your regular obituary section where you can see if your neighbour has died?

Considering however, that the news only now became public, he might still get something from the local paper.

Winchester Star then? That must be a local paper

3 minutes ago, Steve said:

Winchester Star then? That must be a local paper

I see that, but it's behind a paywall. I suspect it's a paid-for death notice. Not a news article in the "former hospice president dies at XX" sense.

47 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I see that, but it's behind a paywall. I suspect it's a paid-for death notice. Not a news article in the "former hospice president dies at XX" sense.

Is that a capybara? And if so - why? :D

PS Obviously there are lots of other avatars that I don't know the relevance but yours seemed straightforward to ask.

19 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Is that a capybara? And if so - why? :D

It is, and the real question is, why not!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I've read/compared both of um. They are the exact same word-by-word. I'd imagine the family submitted it to the newspaper, in which case it is essentially the same thing as the Legacy Obit.

Shouldn't count IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Superstar Billy Graham picked by three of us.

https://amp.tmz.com/2023/05/17/wwe-legend-billy-graham-dead-dies/

That makes TWO of my losers last month.

And it hurts more knowing I would have been the only person with DL Cup hits with BOTH Billy Grahams!

I'm as stunned as you are. Some 13 years after he first definitely only had a few months to live and you needed to book him for your wrestling convention ASAP, "Superstar" Billy Graham has finally agreed to do the job for multiple organ failure. The man who brought steroids into the world of professional wrestling has brought some succor for a few of our less fortunate players this round: AFB and wannamaker get their first points on the board, while alt obits guy goes back ahead of Grim Up North in a ding-dong battle on average age.

alt obits guy 7 vs Grim Up North 7

DevonDeathTrip 11 vs An Fear Baeg 3
 gcreptile 13 vs deadsox 0

Banana 6 vs wannamaker 3

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I'm as stunned as you are. Some 13 years after he first definitely only had a few months to live and you needed to book him for your wrestling convention ASAP, "Superstar" Billy Graham has finally agreed to do the job for multiple organ failure. The man who brought steroids into the world of professional wrestling has brought some succor for a few of our less fortunate players this round: AFB and wannamaker get their first points on the board, while alt obits guy goes back ahead of Grim Up North in a ding-dong battle on average age.

DevonDeathTrip 11 vs An Fear Baeg 3

Banana 6 vs wannamaker 3

The comeback starts here! 

Out of curiosity, what is the largest deficit that has ever been clawed back in this game?

Tim Keller makes THREE of my losers last month that have died.

18 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

The comeback starts here! 

original.jpg

DevonDeathTrip 15 vs An Fear Baeg 3

Banana 6 vs wannamaker 3

21 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

original.jpg

DevonDeathTrip 15 vs An Fear Baeg 3

Banana 6 vs wannamaker 3

It's the hope that kills you :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Only just thought of this:

To the tune of "Killa Cam" - "Keller Tim"

FTR Tim Keller was a Sir Creep discovery.  I don’t have a ton of them around here so take what I can get.  Of course, dolt SirC had him on Cup rosters in 2022 lol. Doh!

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

FTR Tim Keller was a Sir Creep discovery.  I don’t have a ton of them around here so take what I can get.  Of course, dolt SirC had him on Cup rosters in 2022 lol. Doh!

I remember him in research back in 2020. Keller was 100% known to everyone by the time he first showed up on your cup squad

On 16/05/2023 at 06:31, Steve said:

Never

12 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I remember him in research back in 2020. Keller was 100% known to everyone by the time he first showed up on your cup squad

Ah well maybe so - i never saw it.  

(to the tune of "Sweetest Taboo") Sarath Babu. Yep, the actor who bestrode both the worlds of Kollywood and Tollywood, is dead again and this time his relatives seem to agree with news reports. Every team but DDT selected the sepsis-riddled funster this time out, and as such the results haven't changed significantly. 

alt obits guy 13 vs Grim Up North 10

DevonDeathTrip 15 vs An Fear Baeg 6
gcreptile 16 vs deadsox 3

Banana 9 vs wannamaker 6

• Like 2

Thomas Broome had served as a judge in the Mississippi youth court system for over 20 years. You try thinking of something funny to say about that. Banana gets the unique hit and opens up significant blue water between them and wannamaker.

alt obits guy 13 vs Grim Up North 10

DevonDeathTrip 15 vs An Fear Baeg 6
gcreptile 16 vs deadsox 3

Banana 13 vs wannamaker 6

• Like 2