Sign in to follow this  
gcreptile

Princess Bajrakitiyabha of Thailand

Some media are reporting she is "stable and recovering".

Palace statement, quoted in Vice. Link to the statement doesn't seem to work however.

Princess Bajrakitiyabha’s heart contractions were weak, and her heart, lungs, and kidneys “are being supported by machine,” the palace said in a statement. The palace previously said she was “stable to a certain extent” without sharing further information. 

3 minutes ago, arghton said:

Palace statement, quoted in Vice. Link to the statement doesn't seem to work however.

Princess Bajrakitiyabha’s heart contractions were weak, and her heart, lungs, and kidneys “are being supported by machine,” the palace said in a statement. The palace previously said she was “stable to a certain extent” without sharing further information. 

If it ends in... you know... I would be very shocked. I honestly thought Queen Sirikit would go first, because she's 90 years old. If Princess Bajrakitiyabha dies, that will leave Sirikit without a daughter.

47 minutes ago, When The said:

If it ends in... you know... I would be very shocked. I honestly thought Queen Sirikit would go first, because she's 90 years old. If Princess Bajrakitiyabha dies, that will leave Sirikit without a daughter.

She's Sirikit's granddaughter.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2022 at 10:32, gcreptile said:

The crown princess of Thailand suffers a heart attack that she is not expected to recover from:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thai-princess-next-line-throne-28736747

Extremely suspicious, very North Korean, if you will.

Still unclear if she can be saved or not:

https://www.voanews.com/a/thailand-prays-for-miracle-for-gravely-ill-princess-/6892197.html

• Like 1

Update on the Thai princess: still unconscious, being treated for a bacterial infection which caused the arrhytmia.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2023 at 09:55, drol said:

Update on the Thai princess: still unconscious, being treated for a bacterial infection which caused the arrhytmia.

Apparently suffering from kidney problems.

Worth pointing out that Lunar New Year is a massive time in Thailand so if they are waiting for that, it could be sooner rather than later that they pull the plug.

From twitter;

⚠️ UPDATE — According to royal and medical sources, Princess Bajrakitiyabha is developing acute kidney injury after nearly a month of being kept artificially alive on an ECMO machine. 

She has been brain dead since December 14 but her body was kept alive. 1/3

1 minute ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Worth pointing out that Lunar New Year is a massive time in Thailand so if they are waiting for that, it could be sooner rather than later that they pull the plug.

From twitter;

⚠️ UPDATE — According to royal and medical sources, Princess Bajrakitiyabha is developing acute kidney injury after nearly a month of being kept artificially alive on an ECMO machine. 

And that’s the 22nd January this year (One of the earliest possible dates it can be.)

1 minute ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

From twitter;

Didn’t know she was brain dead !

That journalist is a critic of the Thai regime and has been spreading fake news for weeks.

No Thai source corroborates his claims.

I've succumbed to temptation and started a new thread for our ailing Princess.

• Like 1

Presumably to make poor old Arghton have to spell it in his "list of threads" index.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, msc said:

Presumably to make poor old Arghton have to spell it in his "list of threads" index.

Reminds me I haven't updated the list in a while, but updating it would be a pain in the ass due to the amount of threads made since the last time I updated it.

As far as I know, you're not allowed to spread rumours about the royal family because of the lese majesté laws. All the info about her has to be taken with grains of salt.

She may die tomorrow or in a couple of years. Maybe she's a new Ariel Sharon, or a Jessica Falkholt.

On 10/01/2023 at 12:47, Octopus of Odstock said:

From twitter;

wow that goes against any update I’ve read - she’s on my DDP so believe you me I’m checking in.  I hope your info is accurate.

• Facepalm 1

On 10/01/2023 at 14:33, gcreptile said:

As far as I know, you're not allowed to spread rumours about the royal family because of the lese majesté laws. All the info about her has to be taken with grains of salt.

That would only be a concern if she was ill and someone said she was healthy or vice versa. If she’s ill and is reported as ill that is the opposite of spreading a rumour.  It’s reporting news.

8000 people ordained to pray for the princess, about whom no real update is given of course.

They could use Baadani's tefillas now that he doesn't need them anymore.

On 10/01/2023 at 18:32, DevonDeathTrip said:

I've succumbed to temptation and started a new thread for our ailing Princess.

If she dies must have a good chance of making your scrabble score deficit thread too?

• Like 1

On 30/03/2023 at 00:01, YoungWillz said:

Still no update? 

Still in hospital. (article from 3rd March)

13 hours ago, prussianblue said:

The Ariel Sharon of southeast Asia.

Except we would get updates on Sharon.  I check on the Princess every couple days (in the press lol) and mum’s the word.

• Like 3

First class deadpooling tip:

The estranged son of the current king has returned to Thailand after 27 years:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/08/thailand-king-estranged-son-surprise-return-royal-family-succession-vacharaesorn-vivacharawongse

Princess Bayrakithijabha (?) was the inofficial crown princess, are they now introducing the son to set him up to replace her? Maybe we're now months away from them turning off her life support.

• Like 2