The Daredevil

Last Survivor of The 2023 DL

Last Survivor of The 2023 DL  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd say Alan Alda in 2028.

Mel Brooks and Dick Cheney are also good contenders for the last survivor.

• Like 1

:) Dick van Dyke is going to be over 110 when he passes away. He can still dance and drive! He is still doing gigs once in a while.

• Facepalm 1

I expected some people from this list just like Robert Duvall and Alda probably still alive next decade(2030s). I think,the last survivor from this list will die in the early 2030s/mid 2030s.

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

Dick Cheney

The year is 2060.

The DL still gets complaints even though it is now AI generated from the Who Should Appear annual list.

There are forum games based around which of the old codger regulars on DL forum will be next to die. 

People still write posts on here about how surely this is Henry Kissinger's year now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I don’t believe the ayatollah health rumors at all so going with him

Shane’s gonna do a Keef and live well into old age despite looking like a skin graft on King Tut’s balls.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Shane’s gonna do a Keef and live well into old age despite looking like a skin graft on King Tut’s balls.

Agree. He should have died years ago but since he managed to avoid that I think he's got another couple of decades at least.

Dick Cheney was speaking at a blockchain conference in Singapore last year (as was Boris Johnson), so it's clear both he and his grifting ways are far from dead.

Shane now seems to be the favourite with 12 votes, Alda 2nd with 10, Cheney 3rd with 6.

I don't think Shane will go this year (maybe 2025 or 2026), but I cannot see him hitting 70. Cheney likely has a few more years, but I'd be surprised if he reached 90. Alda will likely make it into his 90s no problem.

Surprising Tina Turner is 4th with five votes. I'd be staggered if she got to her 86th birthday in 2025.

I’ve no idea who the last one will be but I guarantee it’ll be after @The Daredevil has lost interest in Deathlist and quit babysitting this poll. 

With Musharraf, Bacharach, Sakamoto and Lawson now down, Shane is still winning but now at 14 votes, Alda maintaining runner-up position but at 11, Cheney 3rd at 9.

Of the four dead candidates, Musharraf was the only one who had a vote.

• Like 1

Looks like it could be Jimmy Carter at this rate. Wow, so many people picked Tina Turner, I knew there was something up with that.

• Like 1

With a quarter of the candidates dead, Angie Dickinson, Hal Linden, Robert Duvall, Alan Alda and Mel Brooks are currently looking the most likely possibilities for the last survivor.

Although with the highest votes, it won't be Shane MacGowan. I now also doubt it will be Dick Cheney.

• Like 1

Is it possible to lock the poll? I feel like it should have been open the first few weeks of January and set in stone.

Seems a tad unfair to have people still voting 

• Like 1

I was shocked when Tina stopped turning :o

But on topic, i picked Andy Taylor, as I can't think of any reason for why the person would die, be killed or kill themself :scratchhead:

With former favourite Shane gone, Alan Alda and Dick Cheney seem the current favourites for last survivor.

However, one that seems to be slipping under the radar is Angie Dickinson. I now think Dickinson, not Alda, will be the last survivor of the 2023 DL, I can see her getting into the 2030s and becoming a centenarian based on her 2023 appearances, but I won't change my vote now in the interests of fairness.

• Like 1