Lafaucheuse

Mysterious thread…

What would be the misteries that you want to see solved before your death ? 

I can think of several 

The Sodder children's disappearance on Christmas Eve 1945
• What happened to Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès after having killed his wife and 4 children ?

• What caused the death of the nine soviet hikers in the Ural Mountains in 1959 ? (the Dyatlov Pass incident) 

• Who killed 4 years old Gregory Villemin in 1984 ? 

• Was Jeanne Calment really 122 ? 

Both Dupont de Ligonnès and "le petit Gregory" are the most famous cold cases in France. Everybody basically knows what is their stories, don't know if this is known worldwide though. 

Feel free to share your favorite unsolved mysteries here.

• Like 7

The 1962 escape from Alcatraz prison of Frank Morris and John and Clarence Anglin. No remains were found in San Francisco bay and all three men will remain on the us marshals service most wanted list until they reach 100 years of age.After such a daring escape would like to find out at least one of them made it to freedom 

• Like 4

Did Wagner kill Natalie Wood?

What happened to Louis Le Prince?

Who was D.B Cooper (and what happened to him)?

What happened to JFK's brain after the autopsy?

Did Hitler truly only have one ball?

Where is the Tomb of Alexander the Great?

Where is Harold Holt's body (if he is dead)?

What the hell happened to Zigmund Adamski?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Did Wagner kill Natalie Wood?

I'm pretty sure he did yes… I don't see why she would have swam around the boat at night. Worth notting Christopher Walken was on board when she died, something that I learned quite recently. He admitted that Wagner and Wood got into a fight the night she died. He must know much more than he really tells. 

Concerning Louis Le Prince and Zigmund Adamski, I never heard of them and I'll have a look thanks ! 

And for D.B Cooper, I don't have a single opinion on this but probably a random air pirate right ?

• Like 2

What happened to Suzy Lamplugh?

The police fingered John Cannan for it. The CPS disagreed but the police have effectively closed the case.  There is no evidence in the public domain to connect Cannan to Suzy.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I'm pretty sure he did yes… I don't see why she would have swam around the boat at night. Worth notting Christopher Walken was on board when she died, something that I learned quite recently. He admitted that Wagner and Wood got into a fight the night she died. He must know much more than he really tells. 

Concerning Louis Le Prince and Zigmund Adamski, I never heard of them and I'll have a look thanks ! 

And for D.B Cooper, I don't have a single opinion on this but probably a random air pirate right ?

I'm hoping for a deathbed/post-humours confession from Wagner, I don't think Walken would have actually had anything to do with her death but it he undoubtedly could have helped cover it up. Bur even if it was proven that Wagner did kill her, Walken wouldn't admit to being in the know.

As for DB I think he is almost certainly died jumping from the plane and was not at all a professional, the mystery for me is who actually was he and where is his corpse (given he died).

• Like 1

Oh ! also, the disappearance of Lars Mittank from Varna Airport in 2014. You can see him running away from… something or someone on the video above. He was never seen again and no one knows why he didn't take the plane he was supposed to take. 

• Like 3

1. Who killed 6 year old Jon Benet? 
2. Was George H. W. Bush and/or LBJ or others involved in the JFK assassination? 
3. What really happened to Jimmy Hoffa? (Witness Protection or murdered?)

4. The truth about Aliens and inner-Earth dwellers, if there actually is a cover-up going on.

5. As mentioned above, did Wagner murder Natalie Wood?

6. Is Elvis still alive?

7. Are there military human-bases (alien bases perhaps) on the moon and/or Mars? Was there a massacre of many humans on the Mars bases done by the indigenous inhabitants? 

8. Did 4 out-of-control AI robotic-soldiers kill over 20 military scientists and Staff in Japan a while back?

• Like 5

I love these sort of mysteries and the recent series on Netflix about a teenage girl who went missing in 1983 'Vatican Girl :The Disappearance of Emanuela Orlandi' has prompted the Vatican to reopen investigation

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

Is Elvis still alive?

maybe we'll see him at his daughter's funeral :D 

• Haha 7
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

1. Who killed 6 year old Jon Benet? 
 2. Was George H. W. Bush and/or LBJ or others involved in the JFK assassination? 
 3. What really happened to Jimmy Hoffa?

1. I was going to put this myself but I don't know if I actually want to know

2. I'm not that bothered about specific individuals but I would love to know about CIA involvement in JFK, RFK and especially MLK (who was almost certainly killed by the CIA in my mind)

3. He was 100% killed, the question is how and by who.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Toast said:

The police fingered John Cannan for it. The CPS disagreed but the police have effectively closed the case.  There is no evidence in the public domain to connect Cannan to Suzy.

From a glance at the Wikipedia page I can see that he visited a house around that area and acted in a strange manner until the woman's husband arrived. He is responsible for numerous sexual attacks on women in that area. Lamplugh's DNA was found in a car he owned at the time of the disappearance. The man she was meeting in the house who used the alias Mr. Kipper strongly resembled John Cannon according to witnesses. He claimed to others in the days before the murder that he met a uptown girlfriend called Susu. And the claim that no evidence connects him to her death contradicts his own words as he claims to know who killed her.

And I got all this information from a quick 5 minute read of the article you linked.

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

I would like to know that as well.

I wonder if anyone picked John Cannan for any pools as apparently he is receiving palliative care. 

I would also like to know what really happened to Madeleine McCann. And what happened to Lord Lucan. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

would also like to know what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

Isn’t the German paedophile (Bruckner or something like that ?) the main suspect for it ?  

I tried John Cannan in the AO pool but he wasn’t accepted. I can see him being in several DDP thème though

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

Isn’t the German paedophile (Bruckner or something like that ?) the main suspect for it ?  

I tried John Cannan in the AO pool but he wasn’t accepted. I can see him being in several DDP thème though

He is but I’m not entirely convinced of his guilt. 

• Like 1

In terms of british mysteries and as a sometimes avid watcher and listener of true crime documentaries and podcasts,  I have been most perplexed and interested in  the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence in 2009 in  Yorkshire  and the murder of businesswoman  Penny Bell in 1991. Why did Penny withdraw so much money in the days before her murder in her own car in a leisure centre car park??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I would like to know that as well.

I wonder if anyone picked John Cannan for any pools as apparently he is receiving palliative care. 

I would also like to know what really happened to Madeleine McCann. And what happened to Lord Lucan. 

He (Cannan) was a lock for me until the Hull Daily Mail said he was getting better:

Cannan was gravely ill in June but has improved and it is understood he is no longer being treated on the medical wing of Full Sutton jail in East Yorkshire. If his bid for a move to open conditions is successful, it would pave the way for his release in around 18 months.

Lucan I think died in the 70s tbh. 

1 hour ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

From a glance at the Wikipedia page I can see that he visited a house around that area and acted in a strange manner until the woman's husband arrived. He is responsible for numerous sexual attacks on women in that area. Lamplugh's DNA was found in a car he owned at the time of the disappearance. The man she was meeting in the house who used the alias Mr. Kipper strongly resembled John Cannon according to witnesses. He claimed to others in the days before the murder that he met a uptown girlfriend called Susu. And the claim that no evidence connects him to her death contradicts his own words as he claims to know who killed her.

And I got all this information from a quick 5 minute read of the article you linked.

Wikipedia, yeah.  :rolleyes:

There's a lot of misinformation about the case. For instance, it's not true that Suzy's DNA was found in Cannan's car.  He was a suspect in another murder and a partial match to the victim's DNA was found in a car of which he had had the use. However it was a partial match that could have fitted thousands of people. There's also good reason to believe that someone else committed that murder.

Many of the witness statements were made years later and are unreliable.   Those who possibly did see a man who may have been "Mr Kipper" gave differing descriptions.  And so on.

Cannan absolutely is a cunt and committed some nasty rapes and assaults, but he's only known to have killed once. He was easily caught and it's difficult to believe he could have pulled off an unsolvable murder as he seems too inept.

Why is James Corden so popular?

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

The Isdal woman has been a minor obsession of mine for at least a decade, in a similar vein Jennifer Fairgate is another one that interests me.

• Like 4

Who killed Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman?

Be nice to know the actual identity of Jack the Ripper. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

The Isdal woman has been a minor obsession of mine for at least a decade, in a similar vein Jennifer Fairgate is another one that interests me.

I’ve heard of the Isdal lady before, interesting and quite strange story true ! 

3 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Be nice to know the actual identity of Jack the Ripper. 

I’d looove to know ! I remember some site claiming it could have been Oscar Wilde but don’t remember why exactly. I’m pretty sure the perpetrator bas been suspected and maybe even interrogated before. 

1. Where is Georgeann Hawkins

Ted Bundy identified her remains, but the corpse was so skeletal and maimed it was impossible to confirm his claim. 

2. The disappearance of V. V. Sadagopan.

3. Whatever happened to Amelia Earhart

4. What happened to the woman in the polka dot dress at Bobby Kennedy's assassination, if she even existed?

Jack the Ripper, Lars Mittank, the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, and Jimmy Hoffa also intrigue me. 

• Like 2