Lafaucheuse

Mysterious thread…

Some of the mysteries besides some of the above which I'm sometimes wondering about:

1. Who built the moʻai statues on Easter Island?

2. To what extent did stadtholder Willem III (the later King William III of England) know about the lynching of the brothers (Johan & Cornelis) De Witt in 1672?

3. The death of Rudolf Diesel in 1913.

4. The identity of Tank Man and what happened to him during/after the Tiananmen protests. Did the government get him, is he still alive somewhere?

And some existential mysteries I don't expect ever being found out or confirmed:

5. How did the universe come to be and perhaps on a more philosophical note, why?

6. What is the meaning of life and does there exist some version of an afterlife? (I'm of the opinion it's unlikely there is a greater plan or afterlife, but the thought of some place where you could reunite with your loved ones after you pass away would be wonderful)

• Like 5

For me the Natalie Wood mystery.

Wagner may have contributed to her unexplained bruises found on her body after her death, from their heated argument. This would explain why as much as Natalie hated the water, she was probably so afraid of staying on the boat after the argument, she tried to leave on the dingy, but the storm that night mixed with her intoxication from alcohol caused her to fall in the sea and drown. When people are drunk, they do also sometimes have impaired thinking so maybe if she was sober she wouldn’t have risked the escape. 

Some suspicious inconsistencies: A witness heard her crying for help for 20 minutes and a man’s slurred voice saying something like “Oh, hold on, we’re coming to get you” around the same time. I also read somewhere a man's voice was heard by a witness, laughing and taunting whilst Natalie was calling for help. Then came a threatening note to the witnesses’ mailbox saying “If you value your life, keep quiet about what you know.” Wagner also omits the argument he had with Wood from his statements, saying he only went below to find Natalie gone. There was definitely an argument between Wood and Wagner that night, and it is suspicious that all of a sudden it went completely quiet. Wagner has also changed his story many times, for instance, he originally said the wine bottle was smashed due to high seas and rolled off, then he changed it to saying the bottle of wine was left in the dingy before he finally admitted he smashed it.

I reckon Wagner and Walken know more than they let on, but it was still accidental drowning IMO

Also the Jeffrey Epstein mystery, it was likely not suicide!

• Like 1

I would love to solve the mystery as to the identities of the secret Deathlist Council, lol!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markb4 said:

I would love to solve the mystery as to the identities of the secret Deathlist Council, lol!

I know/knew most of the apostles before becoming a Judas Iscariotesque pariah and getting the boot. I’ll tell you who they are for 30 pieces of silver.

I’d like to know where we mislaid the 1988 list, how many candidates we chose, and whether it was as bad as the other early ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who killed Amber Hagerman? The internationally used Amber Alert system is named after her. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_alert#Namesake

I lived in the same town and was close in age to her when she was kidnapped and murdered. It was the case that changed how we played outside, because prior to that we would ride bikes and play in the creeks without adult supervision. Also, there's the curiosity if it was someone you'd crossed paths with yourself.

21 minutes ago, lilham said:

Who killed Amber Hagerman? The internationally used Amber Alert system is named after her. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_alert#Namesake

I don't find it a very effective term as Amber Alert suggests that it's not as serious as a Red Alert.  Unfortunate.

On 16/01/2023 at 17:16, Lafaucheuse said:

maybe we'll see him at his daughter's funeral :D 

You can guarantee they'll be videos of this is Elvis at his daughters funeral. Though imo if Elvis was still alive it surely is this guy. Look out for him at Lisa's funeral.

• Like 1

1)What happened to the Korean frog boys.

2) was the area 51 phone call by art bell really fake? Yes I know he rang back 6 months later saying it was fake but he sounded completely different & staged.

3) is there something they aren't telling us about Saturn's hexagon?

4) lost boy Larry.

5) unsolved bizarre Dorothy and Bill Wacker case.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

1)What happened to the Korean frog boys.

2) was the area 51 phone call by art bell really fake? Yes I know he rang back 6 months later saying it was fake but he sounded completely different & staged.

3) is there something they aren't telling us about Saturn's hexagon?

4) lost boy Larry.

5) unsolved bizarre Dorothy and Bill Wacker case.

don't know any of these cases. Would you mind sum them up briefly for me ?

On 18/01/2023 at 11:14, Lafaucheuse said:

don't know any of these cases. Would you mind sum them up briefly for me ?

1) Korean frog boys  is about 5 Korean boys who went out looking for salamander eggs in 1991 and were never heard from again. Their remains were found in 2002 showing signs of blunt force trauma.

2)the art bell phone is someone rang into a radio show claiming they were fired from area 51. They claim some project made contact with extra dimensional beings who want the population centres wiped out. He was about to tell art other stuff when the satellite hosting the radio station was taken offline.

3) Saturn's hexagon. A bizarre structure has been seen within it, others think it could be a portal. More out there conspiracies say it's connected to hell and a black cube cult worships it as a hexagon also looks like a 3D cube.

4)lost boy Larry is about is a missing child case who pleaded for help and saving over band radio. There was a huge search and the transmissions stopped a few days later. Some think it was a hoax and others think he died. Few more conspiracies surrounding it too.

5) This to me is one of the most bizarrest stories I've ever heard and they should turn it into a movie. I can't do this justice but this YouTube channel tells the whole story better than I could at 21:33 

6) just to add an extra one I'd love to find out who Bible John was, a serial killer who killed 3 women in Glasgow in the late 60s.

• Like 3

On 16/01/2023 at 16:28, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Did Wagner kill Natalie Wood?

What happened to Louis Le Prince?

Who was D.B Cooper (and what happened to him)?

What happened to JFK's brain after the autopsy?

Did Hitler truly only have one ball?

Where is the Tomb of Alexander the Great?

Where is Harold Holt's body (if he is dead)?

What the hell happened to Zigmund Adamski?

JFKs brain, well most of it, ended up over the boot of the Lincoln Continental they were travelling in.

It was said that Jackie Kennedy was frantically scooping up the brain as the car sped off.

On 16/01/2023 at 17:04, theoldlady said:

1. Who killed 6 year old Jon Benet? 
2. Was George H. W. Bush and/or LBJ or others involved in the JFK assassination? 
3. What really happened to Jimmy Hoffa? (Witness Protection or murdered?)

4. The truth about Aliens and inner-Earth dwellers, if there actually is a cover-up going on.

5. As mentioned above, did Wagner murder Natalie Wood?

6. Is Elvis still alive?

7. Are there military human-bases (alien bases perhaps) on the moon and/or Mars? Was there a massacre of many humans on the Mars bases done by the indigenous inhabitants? 

8. Did 4 out-of-control AI robotic-soldiers kill over 20 military scientists and Staff in Japan a while back?

1) Her parents.

• Like 2

On 16/01/2023 at 17:40, Gooseberry Crumble said:

In terms of british mysteries and as a sometimes avid watcher and listener of true crime documentaries and podcasts,  I have been most perplexed and interested in  the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence in 2009 in  Yorkshire  and the murder of businesswoman  Penny Bell in 1991. Why did Penny withdraw so much money in the days before her murder in her own car in a leisure centre car park??

The Penny Bell case is very interesting.

She was brutally murdered, in her car, in broad daylight.

Nobody saw a thing.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2023 at 19:35, Handrejka said:

The Isdal woman has been a minor obsession of mine for at least a decade, in a similar vein Jennifer Fairgate is another one that interests me.

Yes.

I have read as much as I can about that, fascinating.

Government agent killed by agents of another government, methinks.

• Like 1

Jill Dildo Dando.

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

1) Her parents.

Yeah, Jon Benet was probably killed by her own parents. Really sad but I don't think there is much to search for here. 

Maddie McCan is a much more mysterious child disappearance I think

On 16/01/2023 at 10:42, Lafaucheuse said:

Both Dupont de Ligonnès and "le petit Gregory" are the most famous cold cases in France. Everybody basically knows what is their stories, don't know if this is known worldwide though. 

There was an episode of the American show Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix last year devoted to Dupont de Ligonnes, not sure if you have access to it.

1. Who actually killed Olof Palme?

2. Did "Mongolian Stalin" Khorloogiin Choibalsan actually die from cancer?

3. Where's Gedhun Choekyi Nyima?

3.5. And where's Chadrel Rinpoche?

4. What happened to Emmanuel Bodjollé?

5. See above - why do Wikipedia editors keep marking him as living despite everything pointing to him having died around sixty years ago?

On 17/01/2023 at 14:28, markb4 said:

Pretty easy to cobble together though I was stunned to learn a person who is ‘just a guy’ and not particularly ancient to DL is on the Committee.  To that end I’d like to hear the criteria other than being male.

• Haha 1

Questions with actual correct answers:

1 Who’s buried in Grant’s Tomb?

2 What weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

3 What came first, the chicken or the egg?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Questions with actual correct answers:

1 Who’s buried in Grant’s Tomb?

2 What weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

3 What came first, the chicken or the egg?

1) Grant.

2) Feathers; £1 of gold only gets you 0.00006oz.

3) The cock.

I believe the Dando/Arkan link tbh. She was shot right after she did a public appeal for Kosovo, Arkan was demanding revenge for the Belgrade bombing of their public broadcaster, and it sounded a bit like the types of assassinations his lot carried out in the 90s. The details would presumably not come out for a while because its embarrassing to the government. 

Who's buried in Grant's Tomb? I'm an ignorant Scot but I always assumed that was an American version of "does bears shit in the woods/is the Pope a Catholic"?

Wagner I don't think did kill Natalie Wood, but their argument before hand led to the actions which caused her accidental death, and that probably weighs on him and Walken's minds as much as if they'd actually killed her. 

Dyatlov Pass - hypothermia. 

The Arlene Foster case has always struck me as weird. Dead at the bottom of a loch somewhere no doubt (unless she pulled off the most successfully Stonehouse ever), but where, how and why was never confirmed. And while Nat Fraser is undeniably a cunt, I'm not convinced he's a killer. And if he did pull off the accomplice  hitman does it while he has a watertight alibi trick from Columbo, that person got away entirely. 

Likewise if Jeremy Bamber is as innocent as he claims and some intelligent folk (and George Galloway) seem to think, whodunnit? (Personally, if you talk about murdering your family, then they die and you seem to have made up your alibi for it, either you are really unlucky or else...)

And who was the other Bible John? I'm convinced Tobin committed the first Bible John murder, as he was neighbours with the victim. Either she was really unlucky or else... However, for one of the later murders, he has the alibi of not being in Glasgow and not being able to make it to Glasgow to kill a woman. So, either there's a serious of massive coincidences, or, more likely to my mind, there was a copycat killer who got off scot free. 

3 hours ago, msc said:

Dyatlov Pass - hypothermia

But Why did they leave their camp first ? And Why did some of them get so badly injured 

6 hours ago, msc said:

The Arlene Foster case has always struck me as weird. Dead at the bottom of a loch somewhere no doubt (unless she pulled off the most successfully Stonehouse ever), but where, how and why was never confirmed. And while Nat Fraser is undeniably a cunt, I'm not convinced he's a killer. And if he did pull off the accomplice  hitman does it while he has a watertight alibi trick from Columbo, that person got away entirely. 

You mean Arlene Fraser. A murder plot involving Arlene Foster would be quite a different scenario!

On this topic, I'd mention an interest in the other two notable Scottish murder cases with convictions but no body, those of Suzanne Pilley: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Suzanne_Pilley and Margaret Fleming, which is my favourite true crime case, if one can have such a thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Margaret_Fleming. The BBC documentary about the latter case is fascinating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1