The Old Crem

35. Esther Rantzen

The best impersonator of Esther remains in my eyes is Pamela Stephenson from Not the Nine O’clock News. She had her spot on 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Esther Rantzen thread

Reportedly having lung cancer and optimistic about beating it. 

11 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Come on mods, give the interfering old bag her own thread.

Your wish is my command. 

• Like 3

When deadpooling is so pre-occupied with the likes of Rolf Harris, Bill Cosby and Vladimir Putin, men who've all provided so much entertainment over the years, it's nice to have a candidate whose brand of pure evil was never accompanied by anything worth watching on TV.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Somehow I had a gut feeling something big was up with her (I felt that she was getting frail very fast within the last 6 months) and put her on my Death By Numbers team this year. Turns out I'm the only one who picked her. 

Ah well, that’s life! 

If anyone should point the finger at deadpoolers' mockery when she carks it just say "I'm sorry but this absolutely nothing to do with us!"

• Haha 3

She's responsible for 80% of school children threatening to call Childline on their parents because of a minor thing, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She as I recall was incredibly paranoid over Covid and spent a long time away from her family (more than most for about 2 years +) just goes to show that you can't get time back.

I don't mean that in a sarcastic way but a sad way.What a shame to deprive yourself so long when we don't know what is round the corner.I have known of elderly people who were like Esther petrified of contagion and I know around 7 people in my life that died afraid of Covid but not of Covid.

Disclaimer:I am not an anti vaxxer and am  vaccinated against Covid although I am due the last winter booster still.(I have had 4 doses)  and regularly take a flu jab and have had all the other vaccines going you can get.

• Like 1

Alo I wish her well but stage 4 lung cancer at 82 seems very bleak.

On 30/01/2023 at 20:31, ladyfiona said:

She's responsible for 80% of school children threatening to call Childline on their parents because of a minor thing, lol.

The other 20% rang up about Sir Jimmy.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

She as I recall was incredibly paranoid over Covid and spent a long time away from her family (more than most for about 2 years +) just goes to show that you can't get time back.

I don't mean that in a sarcastic way but a sad way.What a shame to deprive yourself so long when we don't know what is round the corner.I have known of elderly people who were like Esther petrified of contagion and I know around 7 people in my life that died afraid of Covid but not of Covid.

Disclaimer:I am not an anti vaxxer and am  vaccinated against Covid although I am due the last winter booster still.(I have had 4 doses)  and regularly take a flu jab and have had all the other vaccines going you can get.

Both of my remaining grandparents died - six months apart -  just as we were pulling away from COVID (not from COVID). What you say makes 100% sense as I do sometimes wonder if it was worth pretty much abandoning them for most of the last year/18 months of their lives. 

The only positive is they both died peacefully and not gasping for their last breaths. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Mirror  Confirms her lung cancer is stage four. 

She announced that in January.

16 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Cert for the 2024 list if she makes it surely

Number 1 possibly if she is still here.

• Like 2