Summer in Transylvania

Richard M. Sherman

Richard M. Sherman, one of the incredibly prolific songwriting duo "The Sherman Brothers" (alongside his late older brother Robert, who passed away aged 86 in 2012) is 95 in June is definitely thread-worthy. With his brother he wrote "It's a small world (after all)", which is allegedly the most publicly-performed song of all time, as well as songs for Mary Poppins (such as "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and "Chim Chim Cher-ee", the latter of which won them an Oscar), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and Charlotte's Web, among a vast many others. He is definitely DL-level famous, and, at 94, old enough to start being considered for the main list. 

Intriguing fact: He attended Beverly Hills High School at the same time as noted German-American musician Andrew Preview, or André Previn, who duetted with him at their 1946 graduation. 

• Like 6

I haven't dreaded the making of any thread on this site more so than this one.

• Like 1

From a month ago.

Looks fine, sounds absolutely horrible. (1:06 onwards)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, arghton said:

From a month ago.

Looks fine, sounds absolutely horrible. (1:06 onwards)

That may be an understatement - but both DVD and Julie Andrews look/sound fine. And I can confirm, having met and known people who worked with Walt, Roy, and the other Roy (his nephew), that the stories here are accurate. Was also told by my mentor (whose mother was one of Walt's nurses as he died) that Walt had the brothers play Feed The Birds sometime close to his death (but obviously considering almost every person in the room that day is dead, it may be a little hard to confirm).