Lafaucheuse

DL participative quizz

Given the deadly boredom of the last few days in terms of significant deaths, here is a new game idea (didn't know if it belongs in Deadpool or extra-curricular as it's not a pool per se so feel free to change the place). 

This is a participative quizz : I'll ask the first question to begin and the first one to answer correctly to it wins the round. As soon as the questioner stipulates that the round is closed, a new round can begin and the winner of the previous round can ask whatever question he/she wants. 

The questions asked must be about official deathlists and, as there is nothing to gain from it, I ask you not to cheat by watching the infos on the main deathlist page while a round is in progress. I appeal to your common sense and honesty. If someone is caught cheating, then he/she'll be automatically excluded from next rounds.

The questions may be, for example : "Who was the first hit of the 2004 deathlist"; "Who was or were the people who appeared the most time on deathlist throughout the year" etc… 

It's both a game of rapidity (you have to be quick if you know the answer) and of "knowledge". 

There is no end date to that game, it can lingers as long as there is participant. It's basically a game to counter boredom on deathless days. 

So here we go, the first question is : At what age and in what year did Lou Rawls die ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was in 2006 because he announced he had multiple terminal cancers just before Christmas (what a helpful chap for deadpoolers) and then also announced he was going to do a show in January, only to die. As for age, not sure, but I think he was in his early 70s. 73?

March 2020. Then, mercifully, Tesco started limiting how many you could buy so they returned.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

6th January 2006, aged 72, if I remember rightly. He was born at some point in 1933.

Congrats, you won this round ! Sorry The Spinosaurus, you were close but you had to choose one age… 

You can ask a question now SiT !

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Congrats, you won this round ! Sorry The Spinosaurus, you were close but you had to choose one age… 

You can ask a question now SiT !

OK. Will do. 

In which year did Eric Sykes CBE debut on the DeathList?

Edit: I'll send a message when someone gets it right as opposed to telling people that they are wrong.

• Like 1

hard one… no idea, I wasn't even on the forum when he became a hit so no memories of it... I'll let the others answer

But nothing like this one right ? I didn’t find someone similar

28 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

I’m sure we already have a quiz thread. 

• Like 1

After a little talk with @Summer in Transylvania we’ve come to the conclusion that it would be better to give a hint after one day without answer and to give the answer after 2 days without any answer. Thus, I’ll let SiT reveal the correct answer and ask for another question :) 

• Thanks 1

The correct answer was 1993, when he appeared, aged 70, at position 41 (out of that year's 56). 

My new question: DeathList favourite Clive Dunn died in which country?

Portugal. My great-aunt was a neighbour.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

It is your turn to ask a question now. 

Fuck.

What’s the capital city of Burundi?

• Like 1

You have heard of Google, haven't you?

• Like 1