Spade_Cooley

Jamie Foxx

He's like the Schrödinger's cat of dying celebrities it seems. Is he well or isn't he? At Death's door or hopping around like a good un?

• Like 3

I've never believed this story. The whole thing may be a cover up for a nervous breakdown, overdose or even suicide attempt.

Congrats on half of the media of the world for believing Radar Online's bullshit.

And the next cunt who posts Joanne Woodward is dying/in hospice care should be permabanned.

• Like 1

I think this whole story is probably pretty simplistic. He had a stroke, or some other medical episode, and isn't fit to make appearances, allowing tabloids to go crazy with "grim condition" shit because they know he's not going to pop up any time soon while he recuperates to prove them wrong. But no indication he's ever seriously been close to death.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tracy said:

I think this whole story is probably pretty simplistic. He had a stroke, or some other medical episode, and isn't fit to make appearances, allowing tabloids to go crazy with "grim condition" shit because they know he's not going to pop up any time soon while he recuperates to prove them wrong. But no indication he's ever seriously been close to death.

Except for that odd tweet from Josh Gad, someone who runs in the same circles as Mr. Foxx. He didn't deny anything, he said he wished it wasn't true. If Mr. Gad knew that Mr. Foxx was not in some level of terrible condition, wouldn't it be easier just to deny it?

• Like 1

An account uncritically reposted the "family prepares for the worst!" RO crap and he commented on it saying he was praying it wasn't correct. Sure they may both be in Strays this year, but that doesn't mean Foxx is gonna be wiring him insider health information.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, tracy said:

An account uncritically reposted the "family prepares for the worst!" RO crap and he commented on it saying he was praying it wasn't correct. Sure they may both be in Strays this year, but that doesn't mean Foxx is gonna be wiring him insider health information.

Stuff gets around the industry. People talk. Hollywood is a very interconnected place...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, lilham said:

That doesn't really tell us his condition. None of what they say in an article gives us a clue about his condition, just that he's been moved to a facility that specializes in a range of rehabilitation. Given that they do specialize in stroke rehabilitation though, that does confirm earlier reports, but it doesn't rule anything out because the family has been extremely tight-lipped about exactly what happened..

• Like 2

On 15/05/2023 at 19:40, markb4 said:

They announced he and his daughter will be hosting a new music show though:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/05/15/entertainment/jamie-foxx-new-music-trivia-show/index.html

I haven't found any reputable sources talking about this yet (just random places like MSN who link to an OK Magazine website article talking about something said on Dr. Drew's show), but apparently if one journo's claims are to be believed, Mr. Foxx is in no condition to be hosting much of anything. His condition from his stroke could be quite serious. (I 100% believe that the stroke is not linked to him getting the vaccine, for what it's worth, but that his condition overall could still be accurate. Strokes often cause blindness and paralysis, both of which the article claims happened in this case.)

My film-connected (and very dear) friend has noted his sources in Hollywood are refusing to talk about Jamie's condition either - which is very odd for them. They usually always are willing to talk about celebrity health issues...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Comped said:

I haven't found any reputable sources talking about this yet (just random places like MSN who link to an OK Magazine website article talking about something said on Dr. Drew's show), but apparently if one journo's claims are to be believed, Mr. Foxx is in no condition to be hosting much of anything. His condition from his stroke could be quite serious. (I 100% believe that the stroke is not linked to him getting the vaccine, for what it's worth, but that his condition overall could still be accurate. Strokes often cause blindness and paralysis, both of which the article claims happened in this case.)

My film-connected (and very dear) friend has noted his sources in Hollywood are refusing to talk about Jamie's condition either - which is very odd for them. They usually always are willing to talk about celebrity health issues...

Came across a few of these articles about him the other day but avoided posting because it originated from Radar Online. Key points:

= bleed on the brain
= blind and paralysed now
= still hospitalised

I mean, it's believable at least but who knows. I think he'll survive this but be a Michael Schumacher type vegetable for the rest of his life.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Came across a few of these articles about him the other day but avoided posting because it originated from Radar Online. Key points:

= bleed on the brain
= blind and paralysed now
= still hospitalised

I mean, it's believable at least but who knows. I think he'll survive this but be a Michael Schumacher type vegetable for the rest of his life.

Then the question is why the hell they announced a show with him and his daughter for next year? No network would green light a show with a vegetable...

43 minutes ago, Comped said:

Then the question is why the hell they announced a show with him and his daughter for next year? No network would green light a show with a vegetable...

Maybe it's a VeggieTales spinoff show?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Comped said:

Still unclear about what happened to him though... Which is the entire point of this thread essentially...

You don't need to know that goy.

Just now, Comped said:

Still unclear about what happened to him though... Which is the entire point of this thread essentially...

You think with Jamie's high profile, he or his family will explain what happened eventually.

1 hour ago, jd24fan said:

You think with Jamie's high profile, he or his family will explain what happened eventually.

His family, friends, and co-stars, are all very unwilling to talk about it. Hell, people in Hollywood in general seem to be unwilling to talk about it!

Next they'll be announcing he's doing a new show with Freddie Flintoff

It is obvious whatever went on with him has had a traumatic impact on him and he's not ready to fully speak to anyone about it right now (PTSD?). Once he's able to I hope we get clear answers.

Sounds like what Clorox Sr has been through with sepsis in the last year. The (surgical?) "complication", the tubes down the throat, the random crying, the lack of visible side-effects, the timeframe of 3 months to recovery. They're the same age too. If so then I wish him all the best.

He sounds decent in the video. It seems like he was lucky to survive what he went through as he said he wasn't sure if would make it. I'm still thinking it's a stroke. Glad he isn't blind or paralyzed and hopefully he fully recovers soon.

• Like 1

Foxx accepted his award at the Critics Choice Awards on Sunday. He still didn't say exactly what the medical emergency was, but says he "couldn't walk" and wouldn't wish what he had on his own worst enemy. He also says he "saw the tunnel", but didn't "see the light". He also joked that he "wasn't a clone". He looks and is speaking fine, so he's in a better condition than Michael Schumacher is right now, which is encouraging. TMZ has his acceptance speech, where he received a standing ovation from the audience.