gcreptile

Dianne Feinstein

Senator Dianne Feinstein of California announced today that she would retire, but also seems unaware she did that:

Asked by reporters about her announcement to resign, @SenFeinstein says “If I haven't made that decision, I haven't released anything.” A staffer then told the senator that a statement had been released. Feinstein responded saying “I didn’t know they put it out.”

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

She should step down now not wait until the end of her term.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

She should step down now not wait until the end of her term.

She won't, because unlike the Senator from PA, there's no immediate need for her to do so. It wouldn't be a risk for her health to finish out the term (unlike his) - even though she seemingly barely has a clue anymore. She's been like that for at least the past 5-10 years, so it's nothing really new. It's just gotten a bit worse as of late. I don't think she'll step down before her term is done unless forced.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Can she step down now and avoid a special election before the scheduled one on the date of presidential one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Can she step down now and avoid a special election before the scheduled one on the date of presidential one.

I looked at California Senator Padilla's term, and it looks like he had to conduct two elections in November at once: to finish the 2 months of the 117th Congress (Special) and full term in the 118th. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_United_States_Senate_elections_in_California

• Like 1

Just now, tracy said:

Dianne Feinstein out of Washington "dealing with a health matter", whatever that could be.

Probably just some massive brain rot she’s been dealing with on a regular basis

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Probably just some massive brain rot she’s been dealing with on a regular basis

If she goes before Carter... A lot of people will have an aneurysm.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Comped said:

If she goes before Carter... A lot of people will have an aneurysm.

And if those people have an aneurysm after Feinstein but before Carter dies, what will Tom Sizemore think?

4 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein hospitalized with shingles.

Did she get the vaccine for it? If so, I doubt this will be much of an issue.

23 minutes ago, Comped said:

Did she get the vaccine for it? If so, I doubt this will be much of an issue.

I mean, she's hospitalized with it. It's probably already an issue, or she has something complicating her condition. She's missed several votes this week due to a "health matter"

Don't expect this to be fatal of course, shingles is painful as hell but rarely fatal. However, the recovery time can last months, especially in older folks

On 02/03/2023 at 23:57, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein hospitalized with shingles.

Dianne Feinstein discharged.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Dianne Feinstein has missed 58 votes in the past month. She's been absent and there's no announced return date:

https://twitter.com/ohJuliatweets/status/1645549298820562944?s=20

Obama's former speech writer calls for Feinstein to resign immediately. I assume there will be more calls very soon.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3944947-crooked-media-co-founder-says-feinstein-should-resign/

• Like 2

On 12/04/2023 at 13:25, gcreptile said:

Obama's former speech writer calls for Feinstein to resign immediately. I assume there will be more calls very soon.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3944947-crooked-media-co-founder-says-feinstein-should-resign/

They doesn’t seem to be much downside. It’s hard to see the republicans winning even a special election in California because of how partisan everything is now a days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

They doesn’t seem to be much downside. It’s hard to see the republicans winning even a special election in California because of how partisan everything is now a days. 

The Democratic Governor will appoint, and the person could have the position for a couple years prior to the special, making them the incumbent and a near shoe-in. That's what happened with Padilla who took over Kamala's seat.

• Like 2

She reminds me of Strom Thurmond in the wheelchair and former DeathList entree Maureen O'Hara when she got her lifetime achievement award. Both were dead half a year later.

AND she's 10+ years younger than them and looks just as bad.

• Like 3

Looks like she has lost a lot of weight.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

I would be surprised if she were still alive at the end of 2024, let alone be remotely capable to serve as a senator

She is clearly not fit to be a senator any more and has  not been for some time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

I would be surprised if she were still alive at the end of 2024, let alone be remotely capable to serve as a senator

I would be surprised if she were still alive at the end of 2023. she’s a gonner this year. 

• Like 4

Here is another photo. She looks even worse here. I think she purposely choose today with what's happening with Trump and that guy in New York being found guilty of embezzlement. 

vCRmdEIf?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2