maryportfuncity

MMMDP 2023

MMMDP Form Guide #20

49A8A0DA-62D5-42A2-87F4-A6987B7B7D8F.jpeg.b2686b165be3482db1e4501f3d357ffd.jpeg

Ruth Langford’s Mother

You may have heard from a certain mysterious avatar-less account (Eamonn Holmes?) that Joan Langsford may be a hot pick for deadpools going forward. With Joan Langsford currently in her 90’s and in a carehome with dementia, perhaps it’s time to start taking the ramblings of user Deathrow66 seriously. 

• Like 2

On 17/05/2023 at 08:41, maryportfuncity said:

21 entrants (20 quickest off the mark plus your host and - ahem - master, Maryportfuncity). Competition opens on 1 June with the aim of getting a winner by midsummer's day.

This is Maryport’s Midsummer Madness Dead Pool 2023 (That’ll be MMMDP to you lot!)

jane-jackson-an-employee-of-madame-tussa

MMMDP 2022 - That masterlist in full (can you tell what it is yet?)

MMMDP Hall of Fame: 

2016 – Spade Cooley (Jerome Lewis) 2 June

2017 - CaptainChorizo (Errol Christie) 11 June

2018 – The Dead Cow (Irene Jones) 1 June

2019 - Clorox Bleachman (Ani Yudhoyono) 1 June

2020 – Toast (Willie Thorne) 17 June

2021 –Perhaps (Nacho Laun) 1 June

2022 – Drol (Zeta Emilianidou) 6 June

Just copying the first post on this thread so's you can all see we've deposed the deceased Rolf Harris as MC of this pool and his replacement is having a final make up and costime session before taking over. 

• Like 1

On 19/05/2023 at 21:17, maryportfuncity said:

MMMDP Form Guide #17

_129778282_clare_nowland.jpg.webp

Claire Nowland 

Violent knife-weilding 96-year-old thug duly tasered, trounced and left with a fractured skull after the Aussie police rocked up. Clearly your heart goes out...though fortunately no police were injured and doubtless their efficient response has drawn praise and possible lucrative offers of work from the likes of Vladimir Putin and Bashar (heh heh) al-Assad. Claire's family fear her treatment has left her fighting for her life. Possibly one or two hereabouts fear others will beat them to posting her as a pick as this pool goes live on 31 May. 

Claire Nowland doesn't make the start line: https://www.9news.com.au/national/kristian-white-police-officer-who-tasered-clare-nowland-charged-with-grievous-bodily-harm/ac2f768a-2ac6-4263-9afe-3f2f99735bc3

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Copped it (heh heh) around the same time as Helen Holland - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65691643

MMMDP Form Guide #21

file-20230201-22-xvmqx2.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1

Henry Kissinger

100 today and looks for all the world like he's falling out of a chair as the fatal heart attack finally fells him. Pretty sure he'll snag a q/o as and when!

A timely reminder that entries go live this time tomorrow, they're limited to 20 (at which point I'll blag the final place on the basis of running the thing). and three of the seven previous competitions have ended on day one, another finished a day later. Dunno why, but I'm thinking this may go longer. Just don't see the obvious totterer in the talent pool who is nailed on. Anyway, as our second pick on the form guide might say, get in there fast and go with yer best pick because, sadly, we can't Alwen (arf!)

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn-X1j3zQITbP

• Like 1

Tension mounts, or summat

30-minutes-timer-stopwatch-symbol-in-fla

• Like 1

My computer says 9am so I hope I am not jumping the gun

My pick is 

Johnnie Irwin

A Place in the Sun presenter Jonnie Irwin issues update on legacy amid  cancer battle - Nottinghamshire Live

Munawwar Rana

Graham Caveney

Christy Dignam

Uninspired Manohar Joshi.

Fuck it, Jimmy Carter.

• Like 3

David McCallum

• Like 1

OOHHHH, we're gettin' there and loads of talent previously unmentioned in the form guide has suddenly appeared, in the hope it'll rapidly disappear in the seconds after midnight!  

Don't all rush at once, or owt, but as of this post there are four more places up for grabs before I wade in and complete the 21 trying to win it in 21 days!

kids-playing-with-big-number-four_33070-

• Like 2