Cassetteboy's back:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

I haven’t voted for quite some time.  If I did, I certainly wouldn’t vote green.  I just don’t trust them.  I’d NEVER vote Tory nor Reform.  I just think all these people are in it for themselves,  not giving a shit about us mere plebs.  

Normally I would agree with you about your reason for not voting. 

But this Tory government has been so exceptionally corrupt, selfish, incompetent, greedy and  downright wicked that everyone should do whatever they can to ensure they are annihilated.doctor-who-daleks-exterminate-i15049.jpg

• Like 5

I'd say to anyone of the "not voting, they're all cunts" disposition: Not voting is a vote for things to stay the same. At least voting for any opposition to the governing party is a roll of the dice.

• Like 3

So Starmer is in Scotland.

Speaking to Beth Rigby, correct me if I'm wrong, he says he wants as many Labour MPs from Scotland to provide strong voice and representation for Scotland, because he wants to be PM for the whole of the UK.

So, if I interpret that right, if Scotland doesn't vote for Labour, Scotland's voice will not be heard and therefore...fuck you.

I remember the days (and yes I'm being a bore on this point) when Scottish Labour First Ministers implemented policies by a Labour Government designed for Middle England, not Scotland. We already know there is some tension between the Scottish Labour Party and the UK one, though we won't see it during the campaign.

I'm afraid he needs to be pressed on this - what he may reverse in Scotland through his branch office is quite the threat we need to know about.

44 minutes ago, TQR said:

I'd say to anyone of the "not voting, they're all cunts" disposition: Not voting is a vote for things to stay the same. At least voting for any opposition to the governing party is a roll of the dice.

I cling to the faint hope that a good chunk of what Starmer says is mostly to avoid repeating Corbyn's mistake of scaring off Middle England and playing the politics game (keep expectations low and you may surprise people once you're in power), but even a party that does nothing is sort of an improvement over a party which has been actively harmful.

• Like 3

Ian Murray for Labour on Sky.

Bit more flesh on the bones but not so much as you could pick off during the last minutes of a banquet.

He seems to think you could have Scottish MPs in the Cabinet. Well, that's interesting. Because as far as I know, representatives of Scottish seats are still barred from speaking and voting on matters solely relating to England and Wales. So they'd better change that - no wait, that might allow the SNP back to voting on those matters.

Oh what a fucking pickle.

55 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Bit more flesh on the bones but not so much as you could pick off during the last minutes of a banquet.

He seems to think you could have Scottish MPs in the Cabinet. Well, that's interesting. Because as far as I know, representatives of Scottish seats are still barred from speaking and voting on matters solely relating to England and Wales. So they'd better change that - no wait, that might allow the SNP back to voting on those matters.

I don't think that's true anymore. English Votes for English Laws was scrapped in 2021 on the grounds that it 'undermined the union'. Besides, since the majority of Scottish MPs were the SNP by that point (so there were no or very few Scottish MPs actually in government), it was irrelevant by that point anyway. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Ftr EVEL was abolished in 2021 because Boris Johnson needed a quick fix. Of course.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

I don't think that's true anymore. English Votes for English Laws was scrapped in 2021 on the grounds that it 'undermined the union'. Besides, since the majority of Scottish MPs were the SNP by that point (so there were no or very few Scottish MPs actually in government), it was irrelevant by that point anyway. 

I don't know, nor really care.

It was ok for Westminster when there was a little dribble of SNP MPs, when there was a lot of them, the old English Nationalism took hold. I have seen empty benches recently on E&W legislation, but perhaps that is out of deference rather than law.

I'd have thought we'd have heard of a Scottish MP being able to become PM again, if it had been reversed. Note, it is still open to Labour or the Tories when back to change the rules again.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

They are not bared from speaking or voting. The EVEL procedure was scrapped a few years ago. The SNP choose not speak or vote on issues that do not affect Scotland. 

I wonder if Douglas Alexander might be a contender for the cabinet - he is attempting a come back and has a good chance of winning his new seat of the SNP.  

Pamala Nash also in with a shot of coming back for Labour.

6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Who are his advisers. How are they not seeing the inevitable Titanic metaphors.....

Maybe another Lib Dem mole, Tim Farron joked they sent Liz Truss in undercover at height of her short stint as PM.

They're just taking the piss, aren't they.   Brewery, biscuit factory, Titanic ...... :lol:  ..... what else is in store

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

They're just taking the piss, aren't they.   Brewery, biscuit factory, Titanic ...... :lol:  ..... what else is in store

All they need now is to find a lead balloon. Or a China shop. 

• Like 1

Apparently there's been a pro-Palestine protest disrupting a Sunak event today.

Today there have been 10,000+ migrants on boats arriving in the UK this year.

Stop The Votes!!!! :lol:

19 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

malcolm-tucker-fucking-fuck-me.gif

18843450_Image24-05-2024at16_24.thumb.jpeg.f53468f27bf765b39048008173e1e0cc.jpeg

1945545852_Image24-05-2024at16_25.thumb.jpeg.a7bc8d5de9ccd36d5f7fde99170f4fb4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Maybe they could show just how fit Sunak is and up for the fight by making him swim 30 lengths of a Pot Noodle.

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I don't know, nor really care.

It was ok for Westminster when there was a little dribble of SNP MPs, when there was a lot of them, the old English Nationalism took hold. I have seen empty benches recently on E&W legislation, but perhaps that is out of deference rather than law.

I'd have thought we'd have heard of a Scottish MP being able to become PM again, if it had been reversed. Note, it is still open to Labour or the Tories when back to change the rules again.

The reason you've not heard of a Scottish MP becoming PM again is because despite an upturn in form, there are still barely more Tory MPs in Scotland than panda bears in Edinburgh Zoo (the old ones are the best). David Mundell is not Prime Ministerial material.

And, of course Westminster can change the rules, that's why you had an independence referendum!

5 hours ago, TQR said:

Plus increasing the popularity of smaller parties makes them more viable as an alternative. The reason the Greens may win Bristol Central is because Brighton Pavilion has had a Green MP for 14 years and is still perfectly fine (and an excellent MP she has been, we'll miss Caroline Lucas).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Already lost his limbs. So Craig MacKinlay feart of losing his majority as well: https://www.gbnews.com/politics/craig-mackinlay-bionic-mp-not-fight-snap-general-election-campaign

Oh, that's a shame. I was actually coming here to post from an article I just read in today's 'i', from Christopher Hope, former Telegraph reporter, GB News political editor and friend of Craig Mackinlay, about his personal view of his inspirational recovery. All it did was remind me that how ever awful his illness and how impressive his recovery, defeating him was essential:

"Despite his illness, Mackinlay had been politically active. He had secretly organised a  Tory backbench rebellion over Government electric vehicle quotas from his hospital bedside, barking instructions to his mobile phone because his hands were useless. On another occasion, he has hosted an in-person meeting of the officers of the European Research Group of Conservative MPs from his hospital bed."

So, in other words, wanker, basically.

5 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

So, in other words, wanker, basically.

That wasn't the first thing that crossed my mind when I read about the loss of his limbs.

Trickier now I suppose.

• Haha 2

I've gone right off Colin Mackay. He was speaking to Starmer tonight and wouldn't let him speak for a second without aggressively saying "SO YOU'RE AGAINST AXEING THE BEDROOM TAX? YOU'RE CONTINUING THE BEDROOM TAX? YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THOSE POOR PEOPLE?". Starmer might be a question-dodger, but no one's going to respond well to that kind of confrontation.

He said "embarrass" 15 times when talking about the SNP-Green fiasco of a few weeks ago. My dad and I counted. He clearly picks a catchy headline before he interviews politicians. In fairness, he's impartial in the sense that he annoys everyone.

Compare him to Jason Beer KC talking to some truly reprehensible people in the Post Office inquiry. If you ask intelligent questions then your opponent will give you a satisfying answer. If you need to bully them, maybe you're the problem.

• Like 1