Sign in to follow this  
drol

Silvio vs Francis

Who will be the first to ascend to heaven?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two prominent Italy based personalities, both born 1936, both in failing health for a while, both hospitalised twice this year and undergoing extensive stays.

Of course routine check-ups for both of them and there's no whatsoever danger for their health. So, who will go first?

• Like 1

Depends - are the Catholics right?

• Haha 1

Francis

Either I get the poll right, or I jinx it and cause Silvio to go first, win win :P

Berlusconi looks fine and healthy in recent photographs, especially pictures taken on May 19th, approximately 2 months after his leukaemia diagnosis.  I am going to guess Berlusconi anyway, since leukaemia is an often fatal disease. Sometimes cancer patients can be really healthy for a while, then their health quickly starts to decline.

Meanwhile Pope Francis seems to have more health hospitalizations and health issues, but I don't think these are things that are fatal or tricky to survive. I think that he is simply suffering from stuff like chest pains, fevers, and classic sicknesses that every old person faces. I do suspect the Pope may be susceptible to a pneumonia death to his history of breathing issues.

I will also say Silvio first due to leukemia but I think both will be gone within the next 18 months or so.                                  I think we should do a Linda Nolan v Shannen Doherty thread poll. Both seem to be in the final throes of their terminal cancer spans. 

Tough question... if you ask me who has a bigger chance of dying within the next weeks, it's Silvio. But I think he'll survive and then it's Pope Francis in a few months. Silvio might have another year or so.

I reckon both will just squeak into 2024. I can see Berlusconi going next February, and Francis in March about a month later.

Francisco

On 10/06/2023 at 22:53, The Daredevil said:

I reckon both will just squeak into 2024. I can see Berlusconi going next February, and Francis in March about a month later.

Oops. Not getting my lottery numbers from you. :lol:

Never bet against a Jesuit, clearly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1