Guest Honez

Ronnie Barker

Guest Honez

Does anyone know if Ronnie Barker's dead yet?

Despite having regular special tv shows featuring his life's work.

Well pointed out Yeti.

In fact there's an interview with big Ronnie on a BBC2 show tommorrow (Saturday) presumably covering...his life's work ;)

Greetings Yetti - its cold enough for your sort at the moment ;) - and indeed nicely noted.

Maybe he is dead and they are just keeping it from us. I still have the former tribute show on the Tivo... will have to check and see if dear Ronnie is in fact a marionette.

If you mean the one on the BBC a couple of weeks back ... Wait until you get to the end. With Ronnie C and David Jason on either side, and Ronnie B's big grin, you might think he is.

Despite this, I hear no rumours he's going to drop off his perch soon.

PS Yeti with one T ;)

Sorry Yeti! Yep the very same. It's easily an hour long so I need to plan to be at quite a loose end in order to watch the whole thing. I am keen now to see the ending. When I saw the trailer, and the start of it, I was very surprised that we were told we would have to wait right until then end for Ronnie B - oh the suspense! I don't understand all the strange secretiveness about him. He really shys away from public interest, but yet now we hear a new TV series is coming. Very odd. It's not like Hello or Heat magazine are going to be camping on his doorstep or anything. Odd.

Anyway, Mr Reaper: I see we can make absolutely no predictions about what might be the death phraseology, around the time of Ronnie Barker's departure...

ah ha ha ha

My loves

Did you see dear old Ronnie on last night's sitcom awards? Either his glasses have grown or the darling has shrunk.

The yummy Mr Reaper will have his headline written for him

"And it's good night from him......"

Fabulous post show party though sweeties.

Death Comes To Us All Wearing Pixie Boots

Guest beccles

while u are all wondering when poor old barker is going to finally fall off his perch and shuffle off his mortal coil, snuff it etc. may i remind you that he is only 75 and while rather old, still not ancient. i reckon he still as a good number of years yet. if he restarts the two ronnies he'll no longer be so drastically shorter than corbet, he seems to have shrunk a bit. but i luv 'im all the same. hes a comic genius :D

Guest beccles

Damn the colours dont work

[They do now (you don't need to set fonts). Yeti]

Guest Dave

yer Ronnie Barker is still alive and kicking

by the way does anybody know where his antiwue shop is i know its in the cotswold but where

His antique shop was in Chipping Norton.

I say was, as he has now closed the shop (well he is 72ish).

Not Open All Hours

yer Ronnie Barker is still alive and kicking

by the way does anybody know where his antiwue shop is i know its in the cotswold but where

You're not a burglar are you Dave?

Not that I wish to hurry proceedings along, but there should be some reasonable telly, in the form of tributes and re-runs, when the appointed hour arrives.

(Why is it referred to as the Appointed Hour anyway? Who appoints it?)

Is it true about his son? That might be enough to see him into the grave.

Not that I wish to hurry proceedings along, but there should be some reasonable telly, in the form of tributes and re-runs, when the appointed hour arrives.

Oh yes, 24 hours of 'Clarence' back-to-back with 'The Magnificent Evans' should do the trick.

(Why is it referred to as the Appointed Hour anyway? Who appoints it?)

Why, Grim Reaper of course, how do you think the DL team won the DDP at the last minute?

Guest kiwicrapper

:referee:

Myself and my stupid kiwi partner are arguing over Ronnie Barker dead alive issue (I am English) He is alive isn't he? can all of you please write yes in capital letters

I'll go first shall I?

YES

Unless they're using a double on Friday nights now. I have to say though, he does look a lot older than his diminutive sidekick. You'd think there was more than a year betwen them (Barker 75, Corbett 74)

YES

Good to see him back after many years out of the limelight. Struggles to deliver his lines on The Two Ronnies these days though.

DWB :dead:

Guest One Man Jury
YES

Good to see him back after many years out of the limelight. Struggles to deliver his lines on The Two Ronnies these days though.

DWB :dead:

When he passes on, will the show be known as "The Ronnie"?