Guest Honez

Ronnie Barker

Does anyone know if Ronnie Barker's dead yet?

ronnie barker died a few days ago

No kidding! :wub:

Guest ANDREW O

THE GREAT MAN HAS PASS ;)

STILL WILL HAVE PORRIDGE AND OPEN ALL HOUR :D

RONNIE BARKER WILL LIVE ON IN OUR HEARTS :wub:

So who saw the re-run of the BAFTA tribute show tonight then? There were plenty of prospective DL choices there: Warren Mitchell, Eric Sykes, Bill Cotton, Leslie Phillips, Peter Vaughan ... surely one of those gentlemen could oblige next year?

So who saw the re-run of the BAFTA tribute show tonight then? There were plenty of prospective DL choices there: Warren Mitchell, Eric Sykes, Bill Cotton, Leslie Phillips, Peter Vaughan ... surely one of those gentlemen could oblige next year?

Vaughny might, he's the eldest.

Sykes is still in good nick, although he has got round to writing his autobiography, preparing the ground maybe?

Eric Sykes was a guest on Steve Wright in the Afternoon on Radio 2 today - not entirely convinced he's on his way out just yet.

Guest iain

why wait till next year?!

I was thinking in terms of candidates for the 2006 Deathlist, Iain.

Guest Marty

Nope he's definately dead. But what was the cause- that is the question. My prime suspect would be his partner in crime Ronnie Corrbett. He has the motive- a grievance of being the shortest and he is small enough to escape unnoticed. But all is not lost, because he was brilliant and if through his death they bring back repeats of the twon Ronnies well I'll be happy to pay my TV license.

Guest wolfe tone

yes ronnie is dead.

a brilliant actor

i say that because ronnire theman was not known to many

i was brought up on the 2 ronnies......porridge and open all hours.

R.I.P.........Ronnie barker..............good luck on the other side.....you will be noticed for your charm. :D

Just too say that when I first heard of Mr Barkers demise I was on a bus earwigging into other peoples conversations.... left me with a bit of a tear in my eye.

I didnt like him as a duo with Corbett but his Fletcher & Arkwright will live on as class comedy.

Goodbye to one of the legends of comedy.

Sleep well Ronnie. :referee:

Regards,

:D Vienna

xxx

The shows with RB and RC were great. I too was brought up on the 2R's, in deepest Africa. I wonder if RC will make next year's list? Any thoughts?

:D

Possibility I suppose, but I reckon Ronnie C has another five years minimum. Don't forget Ernie Wise outlived Eric Morecambe by 15 years despite doing very little solo work, it's not always the end for the surviving half of a double act.

Oh and welcome to the forum Ravenstorm. :D

Possibility I suppose, but I reckon Ronnie C has another five years minimum. Don't forget Ernie Wise outlived Eric Morecambe by 15 years despite doing very little solo work, it's not always the end for the surviving half of a double act.

Oh and welcome to the forum Ravenstorm. :huh:

Particularly when they haven't worked together properly for 20 odd years.

Oh and welcome to the forum Ravenstorm.  :huh:

Erm...........a little bit harsh.

Poor old ronnie barker died the other day.

To much prison food or early mornings at the newsagents (if ya know his stuff that would all make sense0.

Cheers

Fierce

Oh and welcome to the forum Ravenstorm.  :D

Erm...........a little bit harsh.

What is?

HIya,

No way.

Old ronnie Corbett is as spritely as a small pygmy munchkin.

Just look at the"Is this the way to Amarillo" video, on the running machine (and then off it-lol).

He is a massive golfing fan aswell.

Loads more years left in him yet!

Fierce

Funeral today but paedo son didn't show up

Ronnie Barker had a Humanist funeral today and was cremated.

Ronnie Barker had a Humanist funeral today and was cremated.

How refreshing it is when someone has a humanist funeral. I'm hoping to have one myself sometime (after I'm dead I hope).

They clearly had no chemistry as a performance team unlike, say Morecombe and Wise, or Mel Smith and Gryff Rees Jones.  Indeed I always got the impression that Barker thought RC was a telentless little gnome and bore every minute he was on screen with him with teeth-grinding annoyance.

Actually the two Ron's were great off screen friends as well.

Even after his retirement, they kept in close contact, going round each others for tea, etc.

Odd then that I found this here.

Co-stars Sir David Jason and Ronnie Corbett did not attend but are expected to go to a memorial service next year.

Maybe David Jason is off frosting somewhere, but surely the gnome could find time in his busy schedule to attend.

Or are these humanists a strict "family members only" type of people - and I'm reading too much into this.

I think you are reading far too much into this! The funeral was "family only" & they'll have a memorial service later.

I think you are reading far too much into this!  The funeral was "family only" & they'll have a memorial service later.
about 20 family members and close friends in Oxfordshire.

Not quite "family only" then - anyway with some family members "out of the country" you'd think they'd want to bump up the numbers.