Slave to the Grave

The Osmonds

It seems that the over-enamelled ones are not all in the best of health:

Alan (54) suffers from M.S.

Wayne (51) has been fighting a brain tumour

Merrill (50)is diabetic

Donny (45) has panic attacks

Little Jimmy (41) is as always, a bit of a fatty.

There are also reports of an undisclosed Osmond contemplating suicide.

May be worth watching (though, of course not listening to if at all possible).

Perhaps time to resurrect the "Any one ..." entry (cf "Any one Beatle" 1987 list)...

Any one Osmond?

...Any one Libertine? :(

Guest Guest_maryportfuncity

Fatty or not, isn't young Jimmy the brains of the outfit these days and a successful television producer?

Re Donny's panic attacks....timed right they could bring extra drama to that moment in Puppy Love where he starts breathing quickly and sings 'Someone help, help me, help me....ple-e-e-e-ase.'

Guest Gerry

They are all actually in FINE form. Just completed a tour of the UK with other 70s act - Wayne has been cancer free for ten years so you need to get your facts right there, Merrill does have diabetes, but is in the best shape he's been for years due to natural medicine, Jimmy is tall, and thin and handsome (but, yes, he is rich!), and Alan does have MS but is doing well at the moment - so I don't think they need be on anyone's deathlist - how morbid!

They are all actually in FINE form.  Just completed a tour of the UK with other 70s act - Wayne has been cancer free for ten years so you need to get your facts right there, Merrill does have diabetes, but is in the best shape he's been for years due to natural medicine, Jimmy is tall, and thin and handsome (but, yes, he is rich!), and Alan does have MS but is doing well at the moment - so I don't think they need be on anyone's deathlist - how morbid!

Well Gerry, without wishing to sound morbid, with your extensive knowledge of all things Osmond, can you shed any light on which Osmond is/has been contemplating suicide. Perhaps then we can finally eliminate fat Jimmy from our list of possibilities.

p.s always being photographed next to somebody fatter than yourself doesn't actually make you thin :devil: .

p.s always being photographed next to somebody fatter than yourself doesn't actually make you thin :pop: .

No, it means you're married. :devil:

Guest jan

Well said Gerry !!! ........... :devil:

Guest Jax

Gerry Well said

The Osmonds have more fans worldwide that most 70's acts.

That they are so instantly recognised and the fact that they have made it onto this silly forum suggests that some of you are closet Osmond fans.

Get a life and find something worthwhile to do - like getting a job :)

Hi jax,

Each to his own eh. I personally find trawling the internet for information on 1970s teen idols, a lot stranger and certainly considerably less entertaining than reading and contributing to this forum. However, I don't feel the need to point this out on the Osmonds forum.

Whilst you're on however, could you or 'someone, help me, help me, help me pleeeease', with my research. Thankyou.

Gerry Well said

The Osmonds have more fans worldwide that most 70's acts.

That they are so instantly recognised and the fact that they have made it onto this silly forum suggests that some of you are closet Osmond fans.

Get a life and find something worthwhile to do - like getting a job :)

Closet Osmond fans? Although I can understand why they may wish to remain closet fans, I can not quite grasp the concept of 'Osmond fans'.

Perhaps one would have to have been there to understand.

I'm getting a bit fed up of guests telling me to get a job as well

Wow, thought I was in the ranter's thread there for a moment. I am not an Osmond fan, closet or otherwise, but I'm aware of them as they were forced on me throughout my youth. I believe this thread is simply what it is; wishful thinking. At least on my part, that is.

Weren't the Osmonds the white middle-class antithesis of the Jacksons?

Seeing how Michael J got thinner and thinner, and whiter and whiter, Does that mean that Little Jimmy got fatter and fatter, blackened up and got a 'fro? :)

does the DL site at least get advertising revenue as a result of links like the one above, or is the person who posted just another scum sucking weasel with nothing good to contribute to the interweb?

(previous post deleted for advertising-ATJ)

... but I'm aware of them as they were forced on me throughout my youth.

Not in a Michael Jackson style way I trust? :D

Slightly late post on this one. Olive Osmond (their Mum) died in May.

She & her husband had 9 children, 55 grandchildren & 22 great-grandchildren.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about falling birthrates.They've done a pretty good job of perpetuating the human race single-handedly.

I thought it was sperm donors who helped the human race single-handed?

:rolleyes:;);)

I thought it was sperm donors who helped the human race single-handed?

With that ability, I am sure that one could be considered to be a jack of all trades.

Guest matt avery

it's so predictable for americans to predict imperfection about the human condition (yeah, this is probably over the head of ANYONE who would log on to this site)...this (the osmonds) is a wonderful family who in the face of competing with groups from the early 70's who were biting heads off bats said , "we don't even wanna compete with that!"...i saw 40, 000 screaming teenage bitches going crazy for these guys in "72...make fun all you want...they are the reason I got into rock and f**ked your mom and sister....pussies go along with the status quo...real rockers go with their hearts...which is what these guys did...persecute them all you want....your wives got creamy for them way before they settled for your big fat f****n' asses....F**k you....don't be scared to be individual...i f**ked your mom, too!...blah!...

it's so predictable for americans to predict imperfection about the human condition (yeah, this is probably over the head of ANYONE who would log on to this site)...this (the osmonds) is a wonderful family who in the face of competing with groups from the early 70's who were biting heads off bats said , "we don't even wanna compete with that!"...i saw 40, 000 screaming teenage bitches going crazy for these guys in "72...make fun all you want...they are the reason I got into rock and f**ked your mom and sister....pussies go along with the status quo...real rockers go with their hearts...which is what these guys did...persecute them all you want....your wives got creamy for them way before they settled for your big fat f****n' asses....F**k you....don't be scared to be individual...i f**ked your mom, too!...blah!...

Matt

I read your post through a couple of times. It doesn't seem to make too much sense, never mind the grammatical errors. I think you should push off.

Matt

I read your post through a couple of times. It doesn't seem to make too much sense, never mind the grammatical errors. I think you should push off.

"Push" off? That's very restrained.

Matt

Another pack of smarties for the nutter please...

it's so predictable for americans to predict imperfection about the human condition (yeah, this is probably over the head of ANYONE who would log on to this site)...

Most of us wouldn't know. Bruno and Banshees, if I catch you trying to predict the imperfection of the human condition I'll call homeland security.

this (the osmonds) is a wonderful family who in the face of competing with groups from the early 70's who were biting heads off bats said , "we don't even wanna compete with that!"...

No, only The Jackson Five. At the time Michael was still black and still sane, whereas The Osmonds married their cousins and betrothed the lovely Maree to a randy old goat more than twice her age.

i saw 40, 000 screaming teenage bitches going crazy for these guys in "72...

I fail to see how going to Crufts has anything to do with The Toothen Ones. Who won best in show?

make fun all you want...

Thanks.

they are the reason I got into rock and f**ked your mom and sister....

Mum maybe, but I'd be very surprised. Sister don't think so, unless it was my brother in drag. Isn't getting into rock 'n' roll through The Osmonds a bit like getting into drugs through a laxative advert?

pussies go along with the status quo...

Don't mock the Quo until you've seen them live. The guitar solo from 'Rockin all over the world' would poo all over 'Crazy horses' (the only thing they did even half way to resembling a decent song).

real rockers go with their hearts...which is what these guys did...

No, they went with the kind old family friend Andy Williams, sleepovers but no Jesus Juice. Pushy parents had nothing to do with it. No really.

persecute them all you want....

Again, thanks.

your wives got creamy for them way before they settled for your big fat f****n' asses....

Wives? We're not all Mormons you know.

F**k you....

I'm going to sound like a sychophant but, thanks again.

don't be scared to be individual...

Like Donny's solo career?

i f**ked your mom, too!...

Yeah, yeah, right after you saw 40,000 screaming bitches and got into rock.

blah!...

Finally some sense.

I hope I've covered everything, any questions?

An excellent clinical dissection. :huh: