Amanda

I Love Josco's Little Man

I agree traffic wardens are a nasty lot. The combination of little education and a uniform seems to transform them in little Nazis. They deserve all the abuse they get.

I agree entirely. Unfortunately, the wages that local councils use to tempt people to become traffic wardens is so paltry that only life's dregs would go for it.

Imagine, say, working in MacDonalds (or wherever) slopping out the bogs day in, day out, always at the bottom of the humanity chain.

Then, you become a traffic warden and suddenly you have the power to decide whether to issue a ticket or not.

All drivers are getting is the nastiness and venom that these slope-head imbeciles carry around with them as emotional baggage (with an inflated sense of power).

Now the upper-classes have no foxes to loose the hounds on, couldn't we pass a law to allow them to hunt these missing links?

Now the upper-classes have no foxes to loose the hounds on, couldn't we pass a law to allow them to hunt these missing links?

That gets my vote. I'll just get the trusty old 12 bore out.

snorts

I really bloody begrudge paying car tax.  I mean look at the state of the roads!!  And we can't even bloody park anywhere for free!  And Traffic Wardens!!!!  I'm sure it's a worthwhile job etc, but why the hell are they so damn mean and miserable?  And those Special police - they pretend to be police and don't get paid for it?!!  Reckon they were all bullied at school.

Community Support Officers get paid a starting wage of £15,000. Reckon they were still all bullied at school.

"Community Support Officers" and "Specials" are two totally seperate types of copper.

And yes the specials don't get paid, and have been around for a long time.

CSOs are a recent innovation, have even less training and do get paid.

My mistake. I've never heard of 'Special' police. Can they lick their own elbows?

That gets my vote. I'll just get the trusty old 12 bore out.

Hehehehehee!!!

LOVE it!!! Count me in!

Of course my POV is a bit biased at the moment. In the last few weeks the local cops are busy trapping cyclists who drive at night without lights. I got fined twice. My advice to try and catch criminals instead doesn't seem to impress them much. B)

That's just unbelievable, but typical!

I got stopped by police OUTSIDE my house once, not long after I got Corey (the Corrado). I was trying out his fog lights and various other buttons to see what they all did, and I was actually stationary (or stationery???) outside my house!!!! What a rubbish waste of time!

Yet I did mention to them that all the local drug-takers use the telephone box about 50 metres down the road from my house to call their dealer. Therefore, about 20 times a night this guy pulls in a bus stop in his BMW with the loudest most crap music ever and does his deals and numerous dodgy looking people are loitering in our road day and night. And I also mentioned that perhaps they could have a word with the kids at the local sports centre who keep dumping their Special Brew cans etc on the footpath, which is very unsightly and annoying, particularly given that there are two bins in close proximity, but did they care?

Nope! Bicycles without lights, somebody testing their car lights whilst parked up and other rubbish things are what seems to take up their time.... and they say the police are overworked etc etc!!

But on the other hand, there a lovely policeman in this area who's a dead ringer for Robbie Williams, had he not had his difficulties with drugs and alcohol. Mmmm mmmm!

Rant over!

Guest IYG

Wow, we can rename this thread to the biggest pile of nonsense in the entire internet, or at least on DL.

And I fully support cops for stopping bike riders with no lights on, I nearly ran over a few and believe me, if I do run over them, lights or no lights, the fault will fall on me so they should be fined, the police won't take my advice to castrate them as well.

Wow, we can rename this thread to the biggest pile of nonsense in the entire internet, or at least on DL.

And I fully support cops for stopping bike riders with no lights on, I nearly ran over a few and believe me, if I do run over them, lights or no lights, the fault will fall on me so they should be fined, the police won't take my advice to castrate them as well.

Hmm, I suppose a mashed cyclist wouldn't be so pretty.... I just can't help but that think that there's a lot more important things going on.

Guest IYG

There's a light not far from where I live, a place I go by every single say. There is a big sign saying, do not turn on red (stupid American law letting people turn on red). I always turn left into the place and I have to avoid cars turning on red from hitting me.

I swear one day I will stop in the middle, go out and scream at the drivers to find out if they know how to read and if they can't what the hell are they doing in a car anyway.

No wonder there are so many accidents on the roads, stupid people who should do the world a favor and shot themselves are driving in the streets.

Absolutely Mr IYG... I could give you many examples, but I won't. So many people aren't fit to be on the road. Sometimes I think that if I wasn't so aware of what was happening that I'd have been killed in my car ages ago, because NOBODY ELSE SEEMS TO PAY ANY ATTENTION TO WHAT'S HAPPENING ON THE ROADS. My life still ongoing seems to be down to the fact that I keep avoid annoying people on the road side of the road/jumping lights/swerving into my lane etc etc etc.....

GRRRRRRRRRRR.

And I fully support cops for stopping bike riders with no lights on, I nearly ran over a few and believe me, if I do run over them, lights or no lights, the fault will fall on me so they should be fined

I understand your point. I would agree if my home town had bad street lighting and no cycling lanes and if Dutch law didn't mandate a series of reflectors on bicycles, on all sides, that makes 'm shine like a lighthouse.

What pisses me off is that both times I got fined the police were doing their 'fishing expedition' in tunnels that are restricted to cyclists.

the police won't take my advice to castrate them as well.

B)

regards,

Hein

Guest IYG

Well, I guess Holland is different, always knew there's a good reason why I love the place so much, Amsterdam is probably one of my favorite cities in the world.

Amanda, please, call me IYG or Inar but not Mr. IYG, just kind of freaks me out a bit, at least until I hit 20. B)

Amanda, please, call me IYG or Inar but not Mr. IYG, just kind of freaks me out a bit, at least until I hit 20. B)

I am very sorry IYG or Inar, I will call you Mr no more!

Guest IYG

Thank you Miss Amanda. :lol:

How nice to see that some young people can still show a little respect!

Meanwhile, I return shaken but not battered from a couple of nights free acommodation courtesy of the German Constabulary to find that this thread has doubled in length and unless I am mistaken, has had its title changed.

Or have I been catapulted by some mysterious force into a parallel universe where things are different?

How much power do these moderators have? And why do we need so many of them anyway?

I mean the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland seems to get by alright with only one.

Guest Guesty
snorts

I really bloody begrudge paying car tax.  I mean look at the state of the roads!!  And we can't even bloody park anywhere for free!  And Traffic Wardens!!!!  I'm sure it's a worthwhile job etc, but why the hell are they so damn mean and miserable?  And those Special police - they pretend to be police and don't get paid for it?!!  Reckon they were all bullied at school.

Community Support Officers get paid a starting wage of £15,000. Reckon they were still all bullied at school.

"Community Support Officers" and "Specials" are two totally seperate types of copper.

And yes the specials don't get paid, and have been around for a long time.

CSOs are a recent innovation, have even less training and do get paid.

My mistake. I've never heard of 'Special' police. Can they lick their own elbows?

Special constables wear the same uniform as the normal ones but have SC on their epaulette instead of the force initials.

I have no information on their licking abilities.

Ooooh, I rather like that! Feel like a member of the aristocracy! (hope I spelled that correctly?)

Meanwhile, I return shaken but not battered from a couple of nights free acommodation courtesy of the German Constabulary to find that this thread has doubled in length and unless I am mistaken, has had its title changed.

Oh yes, I've just noticed that! I quite like it when they do that and put little comments under what people have written....

Guest IYG

Ooooh, I rather like that! Feel like a member of the aristocracy! (hope I spelled that correctly?)

You spelled it correctly Miss Amanda ( ;) ) but you have to watch out with all the grammar nazis around. ;)

Inar!!!!!

I LOVE that Miss Amanda thing! Maybe it's down the lovely wine consumed, but made my head funny seeing that in text!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should change the title of this to "I LOVE Being Called Miss Amanda"....!

Guest IYG
Inar!!!!!

I LOVE that Miss Amanda thing! Maybe it's down the lovely wine consumed, but made my head funny seeing that in text!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should change the title of this to "I LOVE Being Called Miss Amanda"....!

You could do that Miss Amanda, all you have to do is go to page one and click edit. :lol:

Hmmm, did contemplate it, but I can't really have two topics with my name can I? It'd be greedy. And I do still really really love Mr Josco's little man!

Guest IYG

I think you're the only one who does, besides him of course.

Welcome to the Executioner club Miss Amanda, there are some bagels by the fridge and I think we have some ginger ale left. :lol:

Inar!!!!!

I LOVE that Miss Amanda thing!  Maybe it's down the lovely wine consumed, but made my head funny seeing that in text!!!!!!!!!

You could do that Miss Amanda, all you have to do is go to page one and click edit. :)

Is it really possible to change the title of a thread one has started?

I can't seem to manage it. :(

Welcome to the  Executioner club Miss Amanda, there are some bagels by the fridge and I think we have some ginger ale left. :)

Quite an accomplishment, 100 posts in less than a month. It took me ten to scramble a lousy 98. :(

I'm sharpening my scythe, though.

regards,

Hein

I'm pleased to see Miss Amanda is now in the club. And its all thanks to Mr. Josco and his little man. :(