Sign in to follow this  
Guest Death List Watcher

Mark Felt

Guest Death List Watcher

Earlier this month, former Nixon White House aide John Dean wrote in the Los Angeles Times that Deep Throat is near death. Ben Bradlee has reportedly written Deep Throat's obituary. This eliminates Dean as one of my Deep Throat suspects. The secret source that brought down President Nixon could be former President Ford, who, as Death List fanatics know, is in ailing health and probably doesn't have long to live. Henry Kissinger not only had a deep voice, but was famous for his friendly relations with the press. However, I would not say Mr. Kissinger, who continues to meet overseas with foreign leaders, is gravely ill. He appears to be in superb health for a man of 81 years. Though I used to not believe it, I'm beginning to suspect Gerald Ford as Deep Throat. Though he was not yet vice president in 1972, when Deep Throat leaked the damaging information, he was very much a Washington insider, as Minority Leader in the House of Representatives. Thoughts??

I have a feeling of deja vu.

Sorry to be uneducated but I don't know much about the Watergate Scandal. What is the story behind Deep Throat? Linda Lovelace died a few years back didn't she? :blink:

I have a feeling of deja vu.

So do I.

Sorry. I couldn't control myself.

Sorry to be uneducated but I don't know much about the Watergate Scandal. What is the story behind Deep Throat? Linda Lovelace died a few years back didn't she?  :blink:

I'm tempted to suggest you search on Google but it's probably best you just look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Throat_%28Watergate%29

During the Watergate investigations, a White House insider who refused to go on the record met with Woodward and/or Bernstein, usually in underground parking garages and other mysterious dark places. He was male (obvoiusly), well spoken, a heavy smoker (which I think disqualifies Mr. Ford but I can't be sure). He was also willing to bring down the Nixon administration due to what he perceived as malfeasance at the highest levels.

There's a short list of survivors who qualify on all counts. It will be interesting to find out the truth, perhaps this year.

Guest caroBug

Another name pops up- Rev. Billy Graham. Graham has been close to the 3 most corrupt presidents, both Bushes and Nixon. Graham spent a lot of time with Nixon (obviously he got caught on the tapes dissing Jewish people with "Tricky Dick". And Graham who will be 87 this year has battled Parkinson's Disease and two broken hips. I'd say he's a strong candidate as his time seems to be getting closer.

Yes, Rita, Linda Lovelace kicked the bucket a few years ago I think (really too lazy to look this up but seem to remember it). Great talent she had :pop:

Deep Throat talked about here was a Watergate informer (political). Politics is much more boring than the movie Deep Throat I am sure of that! :blink:

a feeling of deja vu?

That's because we did it to death in the thread under Gerry Ford.

Not only that we found out info on a "named person" by Illinois Uni' Prof' and his politics class that it was Fred Fielding pin-pointed as "deep throat"

Thing is I don't know the current state of his health.

Some are saying that "Deep Throat" is none other than Henry Kissinger

Deep Throat

Mark Felt told Vanity F air that he is Deep Throat www.msnbc.com he is also 91

years old. :D

Edited by Teddy

He denied being deepthroat in 1999 according to news sources. Why is he suddenly changing his story? It just sounds too suspicious to me. :D

By the way there is already a deepthroat thread here.

(Mods please merge threads. Thanks)

[merged HCW]

They said they wouldnt reveal who Deep Throat was until he died so does this mean he's speaking from the grave? :D

Guest IYG

It's official and confirmed, Deep Throat is known.

Deep Throat

They said they wouldnt reveal who Deep Throat was until he died so does this mean he's speaking from the grave?  :D

Woodward and Bernstein said they wouldn't out Deep Throat until he was dead. In this case, it seems, he outed himself. Had DT outlived both reporters (one -- I don't recall which right now -- has already left the planet) then we might never have known who Deep Throat was. One of history's greatest mysteries. And something for the news networks to chew on until the Next Big Story comes along...

Woodward and Bernstein said they wouldn't out Deep Throat until he was dead...  Had DT outlived both reporters (one -- I don't recall which right now -- has already left the planet) then we might never have known who Deep Throat was.

Left the planet? Really? Has he flown to Jupiter or some region in the outer Nebulae of MXZylgriaMpOGG? (not possible to give actual spelling here as we Earthlings don't have certain letters in our alphy-bet).

Anyway, supposing for a moment that you meant to say one of them had passed over to the other side (croaked, bit the dust, kicked the bucket, died) I visited our internet sites of interestingly integrated integrity and found that Mr. Woodward, born on the 25th day of March in the yeast free year of 1943 is still alive at the tender age of 62. Further searching revealed that Mr. Bernstein was born on the 14th full day of February in the following year of 1944 which happened to be a leap year, causing the month to have one more day than it did in the month pror to Mr. Woodward's birth and Mr. Bernstein although he has at times appeared ossified (or so I'm told), is quite alive as well at the age of 61.

So the thing is, both the reporters are still very much alive although one Richard M. Nixon is not.

Guest LilMimi

b. 1913, a definite candidate for the '06 list.

Guest IYG

He is going to die soon but is he lfamous enough acording to the DL rules?

He is going to die soon but is he famous enough acording to the DL rules?

I sincerely doubt it. In fact if he had not played this little 'death bed confession' card we'd never have even heard of him. In another few years he'll be less than a footnote in even the largest encyclopedia.

...and in response to your snacking question IYG- Yes, I would like a chocolate covered pretzel, very much so!

Guest IYG
...and in response to your snacking question IYG- Yes, I would like a chocolate covered pretzel, very much so!

In case you haven't watched the genius movie that is Mallrats (1995), watch it and then I think you might change your mind. B)

He is going to die soon but is he lfamous enough acording to the DL rules?

When he drops dead, there will be recognition.