Deb'sdead

Titanic Survivors

When you consider the percentage of SURVIVORS who were women, the fact that the survivors still alive in 1998 are all women isn't surprising at all.

The fact that women (on average) live longer than men may also be a factor.

Stacy Rae Jankowski Posted on Jul 7 2005, 02:50 AM

As of today, July 6th 2005, There are 3 known survivors of the S.S. Titanic.

Lillian Gertrude Asplund, who is now 99 years old.

Barbara West, who is now 93 years old.

Elizabeth Gladys ( Millvina ) Dean, who is now 92 years old. 

I would not usually pick fault with the posters insight on detail but since Stacy has somehow got the ages of all three ladies wrong (to my basic internet lead research) I've posted again to clarify.

Lillian (Gertrude) Asplund:

Born 21/10/06. She was 5½ years of age on The Titanic in 3rd class.

She would be 98 years and 9 months old now. Lives in Alseda, Smaland, Sweeden.

Barbara Joyce (West) Dainton:

Born 24/05/11. She was 10 months and 22 days old on The Titanic in 2nd class.

She would be 94 years and 2 months old now. Lives in Truro, Devon, England.

Eliza (or Elizabeth) Gladys (Milvina) Dean:

Born 02/02/12. She was 10 weeks old on The Titanic in 3rd class.

She would be 93 years and 5 months old now. Lives in Hampshire, England.

Guest Titch

yeh ^, they survived Titanic

Guest amber

hi there! my ex b/fs grandmother was alive! she just recently passed away 2 years ago! i'm very honored to have met someone who was on the "real" titanic!

my ex b/fs grandmother was alive! she just recently passed away 2 years ago!

So, someone not famous who was alive isn't any more...

And the relevance of this is...?

Guest scott

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE E-MAIL OR HOME ADDRESS OF ANY OF THE SURVIVORS? IF SO,LET ME KNOW.....

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE E-MAIL OR HOME ADDRESS OF ANY OF THE SURVIVORS? IF SO,LET ME KNOW.....

The last thing they need is people nagging them at this

time in there lives. :)

I also don't think the titanic survivors are deathlist

material. ;)

Guest Guest
Anyone out there know if there are any Titanic survivors left? Is Millvena?Dean still alive?

;) hello

Anyone out there know if there are any Titanic survivors left? Is Millvena?Dean still alive?

;) hello

Guest although pointless, your post does have the saving grace of brevity.

Guest Me
So, no survivors who actually remember it?

Although the 5 1/2 year old might remember something.

Isn't it weird that the list of survivors in 1998 is almost entirely women, I know they live longer but still, I find it amusing.

Do you actually know anything about the Titanic? Most of the survivors were women because they loaded the lifeboats with "women and children first. It seems that it would make sense that there would be more of a chance that there would be more women surviors alive b/c of that AND the fact that women generally live longer.

Guest IYG
So, no survivors who actually remember it?

Although the 5 1/2 year old might remember something.

Isn't it weird that the list of survivors in 1998 is almost entirely women, I know they live longer but still, I find it amusing.

Do you actually know anything about the Titanic? Most of the survivors were women because they loaded the lifeboats with "women and children first. It seems that it would make sense that there would be more of a chance that there would be more women surviors alive b/c of that AND the fact that women generally live longer.

I know the women and children first routine of course. Just that among the male children hardly any were still alive in 1998 was it?

Guest Fonedo

Millvena Dean is alive and in good condition. She is the youngest living survivor of the tragedy, Millvena Dean - who was only nine weeks old when the ship went down.

:P

Nothing for nothing. They are making a new Titanic moive. With 7 new minutes as an alternate ending. This was supposed to be the orignal ending but they voted it down. But its coming out soon.

-s

Guest IYG
Nothing for nothing. They are making a new Titanic moive. With 7 new minutes as an alternate ending. This was supposed to be the orignal ending but they voted it down. But its coming out soon.

-s

It's not a new movie, it's a special edition DVD of an already existing movie, kind of like a director's cut.

I bet the ship stills sinks - unless it's the usual Hollywood nonsense and the good ol' US of A marines arrive at the last minute and save everyone, whilst simultaneously discovering a cure for cancer and beating Einstein to his theory of relativity........

I think in the new version the crew guard the possessions of the rich white passengers whilst anyone poor and black is left to bob helplessly in the water. I saw a clip on the news this week.

Oops, thats what I meant but I couldn't find the right words.

Thanks IYG ;)

-s

Guest mary

im a titanic survior

im a titanic survior

Yes - you survived the film. Heard it before...

Was a toss up whether to post this in the Titanic thread or the joke thread, but this one was higher up the list :P

Doctor, lawyer and priest all on the Titanic as it starts to go down. The Doctor shouts 'Save the children', the lawyer says back 'Screw the children'. The priest looks at both and asks 'Do we have time?' ;)

Guest Millvena Dean

The memories of that night in April 1912 are still with me .... "Nearer my God to thee" being played as the ship sank, Kate Winslet floating about on a deckchair. It's as if it were only yesterday.

Guest Mr Magoo

I was under the impression that one of the lookouts was working for Group 4.

Guest Emilie
:) i am sorry to inform you that the person you are looking for sunk that night on the titanic. I feel horrible to have to bear the news to you.

:) i am sorry to inform you that the person you are looking for sunk that night on the titanic. I feel horrible to have to bear the news to you.

Thank you. That is very sad.

You don't happen to know what became of that priceless diamond necklace, by any chance, do you?

Thank you. That is very sad.

You don't happen to know what became of that priceless diamond necklace, by any chance, do you?

Perhaps you should back off Boudicca..Don't you

know it's not nice to steal peoples things. :)

They might get angry...