Deb'sdead

Titanic Survivors

Did a bit of research on this subject for our 2003 game. Confirmed three survivors at that point: Elizabeth Gladys Dean, Barbra J West, and Lillian Gertrude Asplund.

Lillian Gertrude Asplund died in May 2006. And then there were two...

Guest Daytona

What i need to know is how many crew members where alive after the sinking.

I mean i need it for a school paper and i just cant find out how many there were!!

this is what i will be tomorrow 5th period: - lies on floor dead -

Guest Daytona

Hey i found out the question i asked it was i think 215 people i dont know.

Any who, I just got done reading A Night to Rember.

And boy it sucked!!

Hey i found out the question i asked it was i think 215 people i dont know.

Any who, I just got done reading A Night to Rember.

And boy it sucked!!

Listen here laddie,

Stick in there at school. They are the best days of your life, and you won't get them back if you waste them.

Diligence will have its reward. Mark my words.

There were 705 survivors made it to New York. If you check wikipedia you will get a break down of the numbers (even though it falls short of the 705 figure).

I mean i need it for a school paper and i just cant find out how many there were!!

What kind of school asks dumb school questions like that? As if knowing the exact number of surviving crew members mattered? Now if they asked how many rich bastards survived compared with the number of poor people and expressed it as a percentage of each group, well even that would only confirm the bleeding obvious, that it's better to be rich than poor, no matter how much the film showed all those jolly, dancing, stout drinking Irish folk on the lower deck.

But that's the real lesson isn't it? That's the only lesson you learn in America - it's better to be rich than poor, so get rich as quickly as you can and stuff everybody else. But underneath there's that big fear that America is one giant Titanic of a country that's about to be ripped beneath the water line by an Islamic iceberg. Or will it be an asteroid or bird flu? They're just preparing you for Armageddon kid. Better get used to it.

What kind of school asks dumb school questions like that? As if knowing the exact number of surviving crew members mattered? Now if they asked how many rich bastards survived compared with the number of poor people and expressed it as a percentage of each group, well even that would only confirm the bleeding obvious, that it's better to be rich than poor, no matter how much the film showed all those jolly, dancing, stout drinking Irish folk on the lower deck.

But that's the real lesson isn't it? That's the only lesson you learn in America - it's better to be rich than poor, so get rich as quickly as you can and stuff everybody else. But underneath there's that big fear that America is one giant Titanic of a country that's about to be ripped beneath the water line by an Islamic iceberg. Or will it be an asteroid or bird flu? They're just preparing you for Armageddon kid. Better get used to it.

I saw awoke with a start through parts of the movie, and I thought the real lesson from the Titanic was British people are bad, while plucky Americans and Oirish were good.

In Hollywood all British people are bad.

Especially if they are rich and talk properly.

Guest Guest
Anyone out there know if there are any Titanic survivors left? Is Millvena?Dean still alive?
i just read something about her and it said she had survived w/ brother and mother. but her father died

Anyone out there know if there are any Titanic survivors left? Is Millvena?Dean still alive?

i just read something about her and it said she had survived w/ brother and mother. but her father died

Register, type Milvena Dean into the search facility available on My Assistant and all will be revealed.

Guest Kay

# Barbara J. West:

Born c. 1908, age on Titanic 3 1/2 years old.

Second-Class, Lifeboat #10, age now 93.

Residence: England.

Eliza Gladys Milvina Dean

Born 2-2-1912, age on Titanic 10 weeks old.

Third-Class, Lifeboat #C, age now 89.

still alive as of Aug 2006

It was last night sometime, I was flipping through the channels and remember seeing the recent making of the Titanic, I didn't watch the movie, and have never seen the full movie, but it is really something to be alive today, and even if you only hold one memory, it is amazing to know that people are making movies about something you were apart of so many years ago.

Guest kyle r
I rather doubt anyone is still alive from that time, unless you had babies on board or 10 year olds who are now 103 years old.

there are 2 people alive that were 2 and 5 years old at the time...the 5 year old can remember a few things that happened that faitfull night but she sais she doesnt want to talk about it.

I think there was 3-5 still alive when I was last here a couple of years ago including one male. Now there is just the two ladies, including the one who was the youngest passenger. Wonder who will kick the bucket first. B) Can't be more than 5 or more years to go before there is none and could be a lot less, it's pretty good going there's any left at all! :huh:

Titanic 2: Back to the Surface.

that's brilliant

That looks bloody awful

Please tell me that this is a hoax?

It said on that film that the last survivor had died. I understand this might not be the case. Does anyone know if any survivors are left alive now and who they may be?

It said on that film that the last survivor had died. I understand this might not be the case. Does anyone know if any survivors are left alive now and who they may be?

No that's not true! There are still two survivors, both are women and the youngest of them was the youngest person on the titanic to survive the disaster and possibly the youngest aboard to.

# Barbara J. West:

Born c. 1908, age on Titanic 3 1/2 years old.

Second-Class, Lifeboat #10, age now 93.

Residence: England.

Eliza Gladys Milvina Dean

Born 2-2-1912, age on Titanic 10 weeks old.

Third-Class, Lifeboat #C, age now 89.

still alive as of Dec 2006 (copied info from above)

Does anyone know if any survivors are left alive now and who they may be?

Noooooooooo. This question has been asked too many times in this thread. :banghead:

Noooooooooo. This question has been asked too many times in this thread. :banghead:

Gloria Stuart is still alive too ;)

No to there's none still alive or no as in frustration in people keep asking? I'm pretty certain there is still 2 still alive. I'm sure that's what Wikipedia says... ;)

No to there's none still alive or no as in frustration in people keep asking? I'm pretty certain there is still 2 still alive. I'm sure that's what Wikipedia says... ;)

oh and that Jack Dawson chap, I just saw him being thawed from a block of ice and revived, so he should be on that list ;)

You know Godot, seeing that clip not only got me excited for another Leo DiCaprio movie, but also got me to wondering the same as you - are there any people who sailed on the Titanic who are alive to this day? It seems so unlikely that there could be, but if by some miracle there were to be one (or even two) survivors, I think we should include them on the 2007 list, because surviving the Titanic disaster has to be the most famous achievement in the history of the World.

You know Godot, seeing that clip not only got me excited for another Leo DiCaprio movie, but also got me to wondering the same as you - are there any people who sailed on the Titanic who are alive to this day? It seems so unlikely that there could be, but if by some miracle there were to be one (or even two) survivors, I think we should include them on the 2007 list, because surviving the Titanic disaster has to be the most famous achievement in the history of the World.

It was only 1912 it happened, not even 100 years ago. I think we should wait until there is just 1 remaining survivor and then include them on the list. :banghead: