Death Watch Beatle

World's Strongest Man

It has occurred to me that a good place to be looking for younger coffin fillers is in the World's Strongest Man competition. This year Poland's Mariusz Pudzianowski retained his title by once again beating Lithuania's Zydrunas Savickas in Zambia. Now, I may be mistaken, but I can remember at least 2 instances of past competitors dropping dead - I haven't actually got the names to hand but my memory is of an enormous American carking it shortly after the show, and the programme being dedicated to his memory. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on this point. Anyway these blokes are definately cardiac candidates. Don't say I didn't warn you!

DWB ;)

Ah, but are they in the public eye enough ?

Damned if I can remember whoever wins it.

Mind you, I'm impressed you remember AND spelt their names right (well, I presume you have, as I ain't arsed to check).

The massive American I was trying to think of was Johnny Perry. I found this link to a report of his death. He was only 29. Strong men departures are almost as difficult to predict as pro-cyclists, but still worth bearing in mind though.

http://www.wral.com/news/1801726/detail.html

DWB ;)

My favourite category of "you know one of them's going but which one" is WWE pro-wrestlers

In the last two years we've lost Mr Perfect, Ravishing Rick Rude, Davey Boy Smith (The British Bulldog for older viewers), Yokosuna (no surprise there) and to top it all Miss Elizabeth. And all she ever did was swan around the outside of the squared circle - although she did it ever so well.

Wrsetlemania III will always have a place in my heart

Stats - although it was few years ago dont overlook Owen Hart who excitingly feel to his death live on TV.

Another wrastler in the news Jake "the Snake" Roberts...

www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/9329278?source=PA

I guess starving his snake to death doesnt put him in any immediate danger but there's surely gonna be a few pythons mighty mad at him out there.

Mr Reaper

Could we include the Undertaker even though he's already dead? No he is. Really.

Mr Stats

Guest ryan
:ph34r: the strongman's name was Johnny Perry. I've been lifting for ten years and I am healthier than any body I know. I am also much stronger. The only thing I can say is that heavy lifting is hard on the joints, this is because you wear them out ten times quicker with all the massive loads of weight that you move. If I could go back I wouldn't change a thing, life would be miserable being skinny weak and putrid like everyone else. It's a good feeling knowing that if someone messes with you you could just literally crush the guts out of them.

Guest Halo

I'm skinny weak and putrid, don't knock it 'till you've tried it. I've been skinny weak and putrid for many years and I wouldn't change a thing. It's a good feeling knowing than you can be crushed very easily by bigger guys.

Is it biologically or physically possible to "literally" crush the guts out of someone?

I may be skinny and weak but I am literally literarily perfect

Although this forum could do with a spell checker

Guest Halo

It's possible with small fish ... errrmm so someone told me :ph34r:

Guest Halo

I'm envious me, I'd love to have spent my life lifting some lumps of metal. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, Alas .. to think of all that I have missed ... the lifting lumps of metal, the .. well .. more lifting of said metal. I blame my Dad .. I always said he should have given me more direction, instead I became a DJ and got easy money, cheap holidays and pussy on tap .. life can be a real sh*t.

All sounds very nice Halo - but remember "your guts can be crushed out of you" at any time ;)

Guest Halo The Gutless

Yep that's true. But I'm thinking that a great oaf of a man crushing a smaller, nay .. altogether weaker and more putrid specimen is nothing to have a 'great feeling' about.

It's a bit like me gleaning joy from racing an infant and winning, or perhaps beating a woman at football .. It's not really cricket is it. It's tantamount to the bullysome behaviour of the Neanderthal.

There's a few really skinny blokes in our local, extremely unhinged. When by chance a larger and more weighty stranger to our pub excercises the 'crushed guts theory' on them, the outcome is rarely as expected .. It's extremely difficult, even for a large powerful man to crush a skinny man whilst wearing a fire extinguisher or bar stool about the head region.

So, I think weight ratio is not necessarily consistent with the gut theory. To crush or to be crushed? That's the question .. to be crushed, you have to allow yourself to be crushable, and I'm no-ones coke can.

I also would be skinny, weak and putrid, if I wasn't 2 stone overweight. Agreeing with the Haloed one, looks can be deceiving - just because you pump iron doesn't make you Jack the Biscuit. However in the World's Strongest Man competition, perhaps they should introduce a Head to Head guts crushing competition - the last round of the contest - the top two contenders chest to chest in the arena - each man grips the other in a bear-hug then ... the whistle blows - get crushing. The winner goes through to the next round in Abergeveny - the loser goes home in a match box. WDYT?

DWB ;)

I like the idea DWB ;)

A bonus chance for those bodybuilder guys to give us a shot at a successful DL nomination would be welcomed.

Guess they wont accept DJs in the Worlds Strongest Man competition so Im afraid Halo wont get his chance to give us a big upset.

Too bad as I would have considered popping down the bookies for a quality bet on an outsider ;)

Do you think they would accept Chris Moyles in the final round? I hope so! It's always worth a silly fiver on the underdog - however not in Chris Moyles case. I'm all for gut crushing and matchboxes.

DWB ;)

Maybe we just set up the Moyles vs Halo match - Halo talks a good game - I got confidence in the guy to deliver Moyles in a matchbox ;)

My fiver is ready - will it be gloves or bare-knuckle? Queensbury rules or is a swift kick in the nads allowed?

This is better than the Gervais v Bovey thing that happened a couple of years ago - did you see them windmills turn?

DWB ;)

Not having seen the Halo in action, the smart money has got to be on Moyles - could the Halo actually bearhug Moyles? If not - does that mean the match is off?

No......... I am going to go with the underdog.......... come on Halo - CRUSH HIS GUTS OUT!

DWB ;)

Guest Halo the hopeful

Now were cooking with deisel .. this I like. A few of my Malaysian friends, not to mention Fash & Grobs are already in on the game, and the smart money is definitely on the Halo.

While Old Picnic Belly might have it on the weight department, never underestimate the forearm / hand strength of a man who has performing laser fast scratches since the eighties. I believe arm wise, I am out of proportion in the popeye-esque sense.

I think the rules would definitely need to be clarified, as I can't see any way of getting my small arm frames around Hamper Hips' globular fat sack. Could I try and pop him in a downward fashion, by using force to the neck region .. thus expelling the gut tunnel through forced rectal prolapse?

Also .. could we have that Kilroy like vommit enducing Dr Hillary as the man who actually authenticates the guttage ala Simon McWhirter?

Is Moyles on the list .. incidentally?

Guest Sara

I was just wondering if anyone knew when & where the 2004 World Strongest Man competition was going to be. I have tried to look it up but with my luck I aint found sh*t.

Hmm, I'm not exactly sure where this year's event takes place, but you could always just keep watching Eurosport. No doubt they'll devote a good couple of months of uninterrupted programming to it. Are we expecting any burly Norwegians to burst their aortas tearing pine trees from the earth? Entertaining as that might be, they still wouldn't be famous enough to qualify for the DL.

Now, if it were the darts world championships.....

Guest Sara

LOL

Im not lookin for any big Norwegians.......Swedes however.... hehe @ of them actually. I have the HUGEST damn crush EVER on Magnus Samuelsson and I really like his brother Torbjorn as well. I just cant find sh*t on the competitions online anywhere, its pissin me off!

So what other craziness you watch, aside from darts? lol