Guest Roemer

Charlton Heston

Guest iain

I have been told that the death of Charlton Heston is imminent.I cannot divulge my source though

edit-damn..turns out it was Cap Weinberger.Oh well betetr luck next time

I have been told that the death of Charlton Heston is imminent.I cannot divulge my source though

What, not Wikipedia? :lol: For me, that actually lends credibility to the above suggestion.

Although you can't divulge the source, can you divulge any further details that people can check out, without, erm, compromising their security? Otherwise, it's kind of inviting all sorts of unsubstantiated imminent death posts.

Well Iain it reminds me back years and years ago, to when I was only around 6 years old and my brother was around 5? His kindergarten year was spent in a different school since transporation was a problem. A mini bus would come and pick him up.

There was a highschool student on the bus in a wheel chair who had a bit of a problem. Can't be sure what his disability was but he would often repeat the weather over and over to himself. He'd mumble the weather conditions for the upcoming week...

Of course usually they weren't that accurate...besides a few occations.

It's not somebody like that who is your "Source" Iain is it?

Just this afternoon while cleaning our rifles, Chuck turned to me and said "Bruno my friend, Moses was a good role and getting to portray Judah Ben-Hur was also quite the thrill although nowhere near as exciting as when I was given that super role in Planet of The Apes; but the most amazing thing that I know of is the imminent death of a fellow named Iain who frequents the internet sites related to death." I have a feeling he meant you.......

How imminent is imminent?

28 days on, we wait....

28 days on, we wait....

Iain,

If I was you, I'd shoot your source and then post news of his death in the "not really famous but worth a mention" thread

Give it up Iain, your sources are full of CRAP!!!!!

I wonder if he'll die gripping one of his guns. It will be satifying, since the whole 'cold dead hands' thing would work out well. Nicely rounded and all that.

Guest iain
I wonder if he'll die gripping one of his guns. It will be satifying, since the whole 'cold dead hands' thing would work out well. Nicely rounded and all that.

having blown his own brains out?

Guest iain

28 days on, we wait....

erm..a few months maybe? :)

28 days on, we wait....

erm..a few months maybe? :unsure:

But definitely, categorically and beyond any shadow of a doubt, sometime in the future, eh Iain? ;)

having blown his own brains out?

If possible.

What a quiet day. Is everyone watching Ben-Hur?

What a quiet day. Is everyone watching Ben-Hur?

I was, then got soooooo bored with that, I switched over to the watch paint dry snooker

28 days on, we wait....

erm..a few months maybe? :D

But definitely, categorically and beyond any shadow of a doubt, sometime in the future, eh Iain? :D

But the gut-wrenching closing scene of El-Cid provides a somewhat ominous precedent...

But the gut-wrenching closing scene of El-Cid provides a somewhat ominous precedent...

does it now? odd I never saw it that way. Perhaps you could expplain why it is that you think that it is that it does this.

does it now? odd I never saw it that way. Perhaps you could expplain why it is that you think that it is that it does this.

Maybe you like the idea of the lifeless Chuck being strapped into the saddle and charging his gun-disliking enemies for just one last time.

Maybe you like the idea of the lifeless Chuck being strapped into the saddle and charging his gun-disliking enemies for just one last time.

I do, particularly if he's in a chariot and if, afterwards, he is processed into cans of Soylent Green. People will say: "It's what he would have wanted."

doesn't everyone?

Charlton Heston health update:-

(Because the site this article is on has an obscene amount of pop-ups, I'm reproducing it here)

According to a story in the Globe, screen legend Charton Heston, 81, is in the final stages of Alzheimer's Disease, a terribly debilitating condition that robs one of their memory and ability to function normally, and is no longer able to carry out normal activities.

This fine man, once the epitome of robust health and fitness, who often played demanding physical roles such as a gladiator, ape, and circus performer, is stuggling now to just to make it gracefully through these trying times.

Heston announced he had Alzheimer's disease in 2002, before it became noticeable, and ever since then has stayed within the perimeter of his Beverly Hills estate. A close friend of the Heston family told the Globe: "He's way beyond the point of slight memory loss and forgetfulness. He can hardly comprehend a thing anymore."

In a heartbreaking description of the strong man's condition, the friend adds:

"Chuck can barely communicate... and he can no longer carry out daily activities, like eating and walking, without assistance. His life, pretty much, consists of sleeping and eating... The most tragic thing is when he breaks down and cries for no reason at all. You wonder what he's thinking about, but there's no way of knowing. That's unbearable to witness."

You'd think that someone whose house must be bristling with armaments would be able to find a more graceful way to check out than by dribbling and crying, wouldn't you? Maybe he should try blinking a cry of help in morse code, thus:-

... .... --- --- - / -- . / .-- .. - .... / -- -.-- / ...- .. -. - .- --. . / -.-. --- .-.. - / .-.-.- ....- ..... / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / . -. -.. / -- -.-- / ... ..- ..-. ..-. . .-. .. -. --. /

(shoot me with my vintage colt .45 please end my suffering)

On second thoughts, Chuck's probably far too macho to contemplate suicide, or cry for help. He's probably crying at the thought of all those fags and liberals out there, walking around without a sidearm and, thereby, directly contravening, in his opinion, the letter and spirit of the US constitution.

[scouse]Cheer up, Chuck[/scouse], even when you're gone there'll still be lunatics armed to the teeth, happily exercising their "god-given" right to blow away innocent strangers. God bless the US!

Charlton Heston health update:-

(Because the site this article is on has an obscene amount of pop-ups, I'm reproducing it here)

According to a story in the Globe, screen legend Charton Heston, 81, is in the final stages of Alzheimer's Disease, a terribly debilitating condition that robs one of their memory and ability to function normally, and is no longer able to carry out normal activities.

This fine man, once the epitome of robust health and fitness, who often played demanding physical roles such as a gladiator, ape, and circus performer, is stuggling now to just to make it gracefully through these trying times.

Heston announced he had Alzheimer's disease in 2002, before it became noticeable, and ever since then has stayed within the perimeter of his Beverly Hills estate. A close friend of the Heston family told the Globe: "He's way beyond the point of slight memory loss and forgetfulness. He can hardly comprehend a thing anymore."

In a heartbreaking description of the strong man's condition, the friend adds:

"Chuck can barely communicate... and he can no longer carry out daily activities, like eating and walking, without assistance. His life, pretty much, consists of sleeping and eating... The most tragic thing is when he breaks down and cries for no reason at all. You wonder what he's thinking about, but there's no way of knowing. That's unbearable to witness."

Thanks for the update OoO. Though I might not always agree with Charlton Heston's ideas, it's sad to see a fine actor, or almost any human being, go out like this. ;)

Perhaps I should switch out someone on my RDP for him while I still have the chance. :P

Thanks for the update OoO. Though I might not always agree with Charlton Heston's ideas, it's sad to see a fine actor, or almost any human being, go out like this.

I wouldn't wish the disease on my worst enemy. Watching my grandmother transform from powerful, but happy matriach to living ghost means, although I may pick Alzheimers sufferers on DDP, I'm trying to keep out of discussions regards Heston and other notable Alzheimers victims.

Of course, though, the thing that eventually kills Alzheimers sufferers is another complication, especially pneumonia (Gran & Charles Bronson). Although obviously an ill man, Heston was both very strong in body & mind. So was my gran, and she lasted 12 years with the disease.

My surmise then, is keep him on the list, without a doubt, but don't expect a hit just yet.

I weould say one of the fworst things the worst things about Alzeheimers is the beginnni ng at the time whrn you still know enough whats going on and they telll ypou and then you know jhow the end will be. Must be difficyu;t to deal with.

Dunno Bruno; they diagnosed me with Alzheimers, but at least I haven't got Alzheimers eh?

Arf.

The old ones are the best etc.