Guest Roemer

Charlton Heston

marty I don't evenr nkn ow what tyou just said/

marty I don't evenr nkn ow what tyou just said/

As Milan Kundera wrote, it's the art of laughter and forgetting.

Or forgetting and laughter. I can't remember which :referee:

hjappens to me too Hal.

Charles Heston is now in the advanced stages on Alzheimers disease and his faimly don't expect him to survive the year. Somehow I have the thought that the summer is welcoming his death. Perhaps the Banshee will scream in his ear?

Charles Heston is now in the advanced stages on Alzheimers disease and his faimly don't expect him to survive the year. Somehow I have the thought that the summer is welcoming his death. Perhaps the Banshee will scream in his ear?

ahh, you caught that on wikipedia also. Encouraging for the DL!

I saw that as well on wikipedia. I'm just not sure how credible it is being that anyone can just put anything on there.

I saw that as well on wikipedia. I'm just not sure how credible it is being that anyone can just put anything on there.

I'm not sure about the "less than one year to live" paraphrase, but earlier in the thread there was an article that legitmated his advanced stages of Alzheimer's. Advanced as in, unable to communicate, function on own etc. A convincing read at that too.

It might help if the words "Soylent Green" are played gently and repetitively in his earphones.

I'm not sure about the "less than one year to live" paraphrase, but earlier in the thread there was an article that legitmated his advanced stages of Alzheimer's. Advanced as in, unable to communicate, function on own etc. A convincing read at that too.

If Wikipedia had a mistake it would have been corrected by now. The following caption states -

'In April 2006, various news sources reported that Heston's illness is at an advanced stage and his family are worried he may not survive the year.'

Guest iain

Charlton Heston R.I.P

It might help if the words "Soylent Green" are played gently and repetitively in his earphones.

I see Starbucks have created a new frappucino. Chuck's not happy about it, apparently...

soylentgreenfrappucino3fg.jpg

I see Starbucks have created a new frappucino. Chuck's not happy about it, apparently...

soylentgreenfrappucino3fg.jpg

That's cool. Although I think it highly likely, given what's been posted here already, that whoever wrote that made up the Heston comment. It sound's as if CH is far too gone for a comment like that.

[That's cool. Although I think it highly likely, given what's been posted here already, that whoever wrote that made up the Heston comment. It sound's as if CH is far too gone for a comment like that.

Godot, the whole thing is made up. It's a spoof news site. I saw this report two weeks back on a Google News Search & thought "hold on, if he's making a comment", he can't be that ill. Then I saw it was satire, and the whole thing was a fake and a spoof.

[That's cool. Although I think it highly likely, given what's been posted here already, that whoever wrote that made up the Heston comment. It sound's as if CH is far too gone for a comment like that.

Godot, the whole thing is made up. It's a spoof news site. I saw this report two weeks back on a Google News Search & thought "hold on, if he's making a comment", he can't be that ill. Then I saw it was satire, and the whole thing was a fake and a spoof.

What a shame. I would definitely drink Soylent Green, even if it was people. Maybe it would be a bit like cava, the stuff they drink in Fiji where they used to be partial to the odd missionary. Fillet of methodist washed down with a bit of Soylent (pressings from the offcuts). Mmmm, nice.

83 Today

Can't be too long now, before they're taking his gun from his cold dead hands.

83 Today

Can't be too long now, before they're taking his gun from his cold dead hands.

Whoever first posts news of his death HAS to post it with the heading "I guess we can take the gun now..."

There's some discrepency as to whether or not his birthday is 1923 to 1924. He claims it's 1923, but seeing as how *insert Alzheimer's joke in poor taste*, I think we should take his opinion with a little more than a grain of salt.

There's some discrepency as to whether or not his birthday is 1923 to 1924. He claims it's 1923, but seeing as how *insert Alzheimer's joke in poor taste*, I think we should take his opinion with a little more than a grain of salt.

Aren't birth certificates part of public records?

regards,

Hein

regards,

Hein

Are they not protected for 100 years?

They may be considered personal and confidential documents.

I know that families can access them, but members of the public?

I don't know...

I don't know...

Neither do I. I know that the Dutch civil registry is public as in: you can get copies of entries for a fee.

regards,

Hein

Wikpedia says he was born John Charles Carter, in St. Helen, Michigan, but that's wrong (not surprising, considering the source).

The US 1930 census says he was born Charlton John Carter, in 1924. However, in the absence of a birth indexation or relevant military record available on the Ancestry site, that's still not a definitive answer. Guess we might not know for sure until after his death, a la Al Lewis.

I don't know...

If members of the public have credit cards, nothing is confidential. It's just that the information is not there, although every persons history has to be somewhere.

Latest on Charlton Heston - family will no longer reply to inquiries on his health.

Given that he advocated full disclosure of the progress of his condition some years back, I'd say he must be in very dire straits right now. Definitely one to keep on for next year.

I have a feeling next year will be quite possibly his last. The detoriation of his condition described in the article earlier in the year and also this one reminds me a lot of my gran in her last year when she was suffering from Alzheimer's. I think he should without a doubt go back on the list for next year and be higher up, possibly in the top 10

And about time too!

According to this he's been dead for years. :lol::lol: :lol: The ultimate tease.