dna deb

Jose Canseco

:P:referee: He sure has pissed off a lot of people lately, maybe he should be an add on the the 05 List!

:P:referee: He sure has pissed off a lot of people lately, maybe he should be an add on the the 05 List!

Never pissed me off.

Never heard of him.

Guest IYG

Baseball player, one of the sports that I'm grateful hardly exist in the world.

Guest IYG
He's only 40! :old:

The football player who died today was only 43, still unknown as to the cause of his death.

The football player who died today was only 43, still unknown as to the cause of his death.

His name was Reggie Roby and he used to play for the NFL Miami Dolphins. He was not very well known outside of the U.S.A., so he would not pass the famous enough category.

You can't go having a thread for every 40 year old sportsman who might die in mysterious circumstances. I think there should be some sort of justification for mentioning them other than that he's pissed off a lot of people.

Guest spitball

the steroids will take care of all those who abused them. remember Lyle Alzado???

Guest IYG
the steroids will take care of all those who abused them. remember Lyle Alzado???

Who?

the steroids will take care of all those who abused them.  remember Lyle Alzado???

Who?

He was another ex-NFL player from the Oakland Raiders, who was 42 when he died of cancer in May 1992. Many people who knew him thought that his steroid use had something to do with his death.

and to this list we could add Reggie White and Ken Caminiti (cue all the non-Yanks, "Who?"), who both died under mysterious circumstances at age 43. Caminiti was a confirmed steroid user, and few would be surprised if Reggie White was a cream and clear man too.

Barry Bonds and Jose for 2006?

How about Jose Conseco? Some steroid crazy ballplayer may decide to permanently close his mouth in 2005?

I would not be surprised if his steroid use causes his early demise. By the way, there is already a Jose Canseco thread here

(Mods, please can you merge them? Thanks)

Having vaguely heard the name somewhere, wasn't he once portrayed in a Simpson's episode, I had a look and found his website

http://www.canseconet.com/

"February 26, 2005: The remaining dates of Jose's Book Signing Tour have been postponed due to a death threat."

So not beyond the bounds of possibility then. I'm rooting for the hitman myself.

;)

The only thing Canseco ever did that I found entertaining was bounce a ball off his head for a home run while attempting to catch it.

I'm going to suggest that a thread started for someone who is still alive 16 years hence was started prematurely.

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I'm going to suggest that a thread started for someone who is still alive 16 years hence was started prematurely.

Just a tad.

10 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Okay.

Now what?