Our Sole

No-one Waved Goodbye ... yet

f**k!

I've laughed my way through thread after thread on here but I love Edwyn Collins -got loads of the old records. Think I'll have a blast of 'You Can't Hide Your Love Forever' to cheer me up.

Guest iain s mith

Edwyn Collins,45 yr old ex lead singer of 80s band Orange Juice and wiyth a solo career of his own in the 90s,is critically ill after a brain haemmoerrage.details at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4295247.stm .Looks like its very much touch and go at the moment.

[separate threads merged]

Strangely enough, a chap I know, also a Scottish musician, had the same kind of thing. He is fine now. I think if those brain haemmorages don't kill you right away, you have a fair chance of getting back to normal. Let's hope that's how it is for Edwyn.

Strangely enough, a chap I know, also a Scottish musician, had the same kind of thing. He is fine now. I think if those brain haemmorages don't kill you right away, you have a fair chance of getting back to normal. Let's hope that's how it is for Edwyn.

How can one tell?

Mr Josco, am I to understand you wish to cast aspersions on the normality of Scottish musicians?

If so, you can expect Captain Oates and me round your place first thing tomorrow for tea and your toenails.

Followed by a bagpipe recital.

Now what could be more normal that that?

...but I may possibly leave before the bagpipe recital, if nobody minds.

Musicians?

Relevant movie quote (sometimes they get it right)...

Sean Connery (A Scotsman) as Private Flanagan: "It takes an Irishman to play the pipes!" (From "The Longest Day".)

Probably duplicate info. to earlier postings, but I'm in a bit of a hurry, so...

just heard on the radio that Edwyn is knocking on deaths door (my interpretation) after having a second haemorage and his health getting very much worse.

DWB :devil:

He is definitely a goner. The indication from the news reports is that he is near death. :devil:

I heard on a radio feature this morning that Edwyn is making a good recovery, but there's nothing about it (or his illness, for that matter) on his website.

There is now. The homepage makes it clear he's already bucked the odds and is showing signs of improvement.

What presence eh?

I think he's making a slow recovery although - for those around him - he's in the tough stage. The bit where he's out of danger but in a depressingly lowly state of awareness.

Then again, if a mighty chunk of his brain is gone for good he could always make a comback writing songs for McFly!

Slightly (!) more up-to-date (July 10th) here:

Latest

Good luck, Edwyn!

Slightly (!) more up-to-date (July 10th) here:

Latest

Good luck, Edwyn!

Edwyn says "Reality dawns and we will get there".

I see the lyrics haven't improved. Mind you anyone who gets the word allegorically in a pop song deserves to live.

Go on son.