Grim Reaper

Pope John Paul

Some of the Vatican's statements reported >here< are a lot more low key than previous statements. The last time they were saying everything was fine and he'd be up and about in no time. Now they are using words and phrases like "serene" and "a positive way".

I suspect Jesus will be wanting him for a sunbeam shortly.

Am I the only one who's noticed that HH, Mr Numero Uno on the List, had a tracheotemy this morning?? Thread on the List seems to be broken...

Is something on this site now sacred?

I think we should be told!

Sounds like he's going to be out of action for quite a while, for one thing he's been advised not to speak for several days.

Who's going to be poping in his place? Does he have a deputy, a vice-pope as it were?

Sounds like he's going to be out of action for quite a while, for one thing he's been advised not to speak for several days.

Who's going to be poping in his place? Does he have a deputy, a vice-pope as it were?

Does the vice pope have a different scope of responsibilities, aided by the Sisters of the Negotiable Virtues??

On the tracheotomy thing, surely it's a big risk as he's been looking as if he's slowly deflating, perhaps he's going to become a papal whoopie cushion!

{topics merged}

Poping. A new verb. Would you conjugate it please?

je pope I am the Pope

tu popes you are the Pope

il pope he is the Pope

nous popons We are the Popes

vous popez you are the Pope(s)

ils popent they are the Popes

see also:

le sommet des Popes top of the Popes

Now look what you've started!

je pope      I am the Pope

tu popes      you are the Pope

il pope      he is the Pope

nous popons  We are the Popes

vous popez    you are the Pope(s)

ils popent    they are the Popes

*******elle pope

Guest IYG

Anyone else notice that on the homepage of DL is says that there are 0 posts about the Pope? :(

I wonder what all those people lighting candles and fervently praying for the Holy Father are expecting to happen?

I don't want to sound cynical, but I wouldn't personally hold out much hope that divine intervention is going to return His Holiness to the rude health of former years.

I doubt they are praying for God to bring a swift and merciful relief to his suffering on earth, which would be the humane alternative.

He's an old man and very sick. Old, sick men tend to die sooner rather than later.

I would be very surprised indeed if he lived for ever, as some Catholics seem to be genuinely hoping. No other pope has managed it yet as far as I'm aware, infallible or not. :(

That learned me a new word. Historicity!

Turns out that's a real word as used by brainy people. Quite a useful one too.

I thought it was one of those pseudo-words, beloved of US-Americans and neither necessary nor desirable for sentient human communication. Like "normalcy".

Live and learn.

:(

Anyone else notice that on the homepage of DL is says that there are 0 posts about the Pope? :(

yeah. I tried to raise this point in a charming and friendly manner a couple of days ago:

The link to this page from the main list is broken. Fix it! :(

Guest Guest
He's an old man and very sick. Old, sick men tend to die sooner rather than later.

Let's not forget that he is also in the advanced, and terminal, stage of Parkinson's. It is very likely that part of the reason for his tracheotomy is the fact that Parkinson's has damaged his upper larynx. If that is the case, one has to wonder how long before if effects his heart or kidneys.

I am not at all buying what the vatican has been saying!!! There is no such thing as an elective tracheotomy. Doctors do not go around saying, gee wouldn't it be fun to cut a hole in this old man's throat!!! It is most likely that the Pope will not have the tracheotomy tube removed.

Guest iain smith

the Pope is deteriorating.HE WILL MISS HIS SUNDAY BLESSING FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER TOMOROW.that is a very sigbificant event..this would ony ever happen if the pope was in the final days of his life it has always been said.I expect an announcement that the pope has died at any moment.

Guest Guest
the Pope is deteriorating.HE WILL MISS HIS SUNDAY BLESSING FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER TOMOROW.that is a very sigbificant event..this would ony ever happen if the pope was in the final days of his life it has always been said.I expect an announcement that the pope has died at any moment.

I don't know if the pope is at "death's door" yet, but I agree he is not in good shape at all. I don't expect him to die tommorow or anything, but he is nearing death. I am guessing he's got a few weeks maybe a few months at the most.

Perhaps the Catholics are hoping that he will follow the footsteps of his boss just in time for Easter......

Guest Guest
Perhaps the Catholics are hoping that he will follow the footsteps of his boss just in time for Easter......

That's odd you should say that, I was thinking the same thing. I could see the vatican trying to keep him alive (is he really alive though?) till then. I mean he can't die in lent, an Easter death would be so much more meaningful :(

In honour of the event, I hear they are going to rename the oesophagus as the "windpope". :(

I'd have thought that, being God's right-hand-man here on earth, he'd be fizzing at the bung-hole to meet up with JC and the crew.

If he truely believes what he preaches then how come he's hangin' on for the long haul?

I'd have thought that, being God's right-hand-man here on earth, he'd be fizzing at the bung-hole to meet up with JC and the crew.

If he truely believes what he preaches then how come he's hangin' on for the long haul?

Perhaps he is trying to make sure he has the longest forum on this site before departing.........

Guest One Man Jury
In honour of the event, I hear they are going to rename the oesophagus as the "windpope". :lol:

So that's why he's called `Your Holiness'.