Grim Reaper

Pope John Paul

Guest One Man Jury
Apparently the Pope is no more. He has gone to meet his maker. He is dead... according to Swedish TVs News 24 website:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/stor...,612363,00.html

:(

No official news yet so it must be wrong!

You only circulated it 'cos of the picture of the two lesbioes on the front-page, didn't you?

I'm stunned that they're reporting our Eurovision qualifying thing on that website. The British press barely even do that!

Guest iain smith

Vatican spokesman continue to be amazed at the strong and rapid recovery the pope is making from his recent illness.Hes now expected to be able to tavel to Germany in august and could last for years to come !

...could last for years to come !

That all depends on how well they pickle him, because he's not going to last that long otherwise. :flame:

Apparently the Pope is no more. He has gone to meet his maker. He is dead... according to Swedish TVs News 24 website:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/stor...,612363,00.html

:flame:

Whoops

guess they should have asked the PM of Luxembourg

leader_full.jpg

Sources close to the Holy See indicate that the report of the Pope's death is greatly exaggerated.

Guest Guest

"Pope John Paul II, for the first time in his papacy, has delegated senior cardinals to preside over nearly all of his Easter ceremonies, the Vatican says.

The 84-year-old pope is expected to be released from a Rome hospital on March 20, in time for Holy Week."

I think the old guy has still got some wind left in his sails, but I doubt he's got years left, more like months. We have to be realistic here...he still has the tracheotomy tube in, which means it's not coming out anytime soon. The mortality rate for people with tracheotomy tubes is rather high. Most die of some related complication, such as infection, within 6 months to a year after it was put in.

Guest Yodas Ghost
I'm stunned that they're reporting our Eurovision qualifying thing on that website. The British press barely even do that!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Schlager (Swedish shite pop).

One Man Jury: the Article incidently was pointing out that SVT News 24 had preempted the holy ones last journey and he was in fact still hanging in there.

One Man Jury: the Article incidently was pointing out that SVT News 24 had preempted the holy ones last journey and he was in fact still hanging in there.

Hanging????

Better get him on suicide watch....

Guest One Man Jury

Welcome to the wonderful world of Schlager (Swedish shite pop).

Thanks but that wasn't my question.

Pope Discharged

He's got spirit

The pope seems to have a very strong will to live, despite every health challenge thrown at him. I am just wondering how much longer he will be able to keep it up. Especially considering his fragile state health wise. For now, he is like that Energizer Bunny in the commercial on tv that just keeps going and going and going…

Guest Guest

According to ABC News:

VATICAN CITY Mar 22, 2005 — Pope John Paul II is vomiting, suffering strong headaches and not responding well to his medications, an Italian news agency reported Tuesday, but the pontiff's chief doctor dismissed speculation the pope will be hospitalized again.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=604689

And:

Despite the Vatican's reassurance that there is "no reason to worry," rumors on Monday night talked about the 84-year-old pontiff being rushed to hospital for the third time in seven weeks.

"Pray for the pope, because he's getting worse," Rome's daily Il Messaggero quoted Archbishop Stanislaw Dziwisz, the Pope's private secretary, as telling another Polish priest.

Citing sources at the Vatican, the newspaper reported that John Paul II 's overall condition "is more serious today than it was when he was taken to the Gemelli hospital."

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050321/popeill.html

I think this is it guys...it would appear the end is not too far away.

A two horse race now between JP2 and Prince Ranier then? Or will someone slide in there and steal fourth base?

Guest Guest

He's a stubborn old guy. I think he'll make it till Easter Sunday, after that it'll all be over.

shouldn't we be looking to the Prime Minister of Luxembourg for confirmation of either death?

http://www.xak.com/main/newsshow.asp?id=38439

Poor Luxembourg. The only way it can get into the news is when its leader makes a fool of himself, and the next time it will is when Real Madrid fire their manager

Guest Guest

:o Well even the vatican is now admitting the pope is in a bad way...well almost:

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - A cardinal who stood in for Pope John Paul at a Holy Thursday ceremony at the Vatican said the ailing Pontiff was "serenely abandoning" himself to God's will.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=7994365

Guest iain_smith

ITN news is reporting tonight that the Pope only has days left to live..guess we'd better watch this space then!

Neck and neck with Rainier in the final furlong, it would seem.

Guest Guest
A two horse race now between JP2 and Prince Ranier then? Or will someone slide in there and steal fourth base?

Looks like former British PM James Callaghan beat them out.

Guest wwyoho

I've heard on a couple news channels today that the vatican sent out messages to several of the cardnials who will be electing a new pope, to be ready to fly to Rome in a moment's notice.

He said something ( no1 knows quite what though) on the balcony of his appartment as part of the Easter Day service in Rome today, with great difficulty. BBC reported the apperance as moving but i don't think i like seeing someone dieing on the spot; then again i supose it was moving to see him fight on like that.

Guest The Newstreet Boys Death Squad

_40967767_203b_pope_afp.jpg

The horror! The horror!

_40967767_203b_pope_afp.jpg

AHHHHHHHhhhhhh......

Bless You, Your Holiness!