Grim Reaper

Pope John Paul

I guess you all saw Bush's tribute then. i don't think he knew what he was saying at all.

Guest Guest
Whats wrong with being against abortion, do you advocate the murder of innocent people?

No I do not advocate the murder of innocent people. But I do advocate the freedom of choice that is the right of every human who walks the face of this Earth. Those freedoms of choice include:

• The right to choose contraception.
  • The right to choose abortion.

Now here's a thing. Quoting George W. Bush on the death of Pope John Paul II: "The world has lost a champion of human freedom."

I think that really sums Mr Bush up quite well, don't you think?

[For those struggling with the link: Bush cites PJP2 as advocating freedom, yet in reality PJP2 was a pretty hardline leader who demonstrably did not advocate freedom. Ergo, Bush is a twat.]

And finally, to make this post a little spicier - I'll bet you £10 (that's about $18) that you are either American or a Conservative or, most likely, you are both.

Do I win £10?

Edit: Ahh, damn you, boohoo, you beat me to it...

No, you don't. I'm from Scotland, guess again. And I'm not a conservative I just think that abortion is a very sketchy issue. Total opposition to abortion is the lesser of two evils in my opinion as in the current climate it is being used as a form of contraception which in my opinion is very wrong even as a lapsed Rc I recognise that once a life has been conceived it is a life. I respect Pope John Paul's convitcions on this issue, even when in the eyes of the world it became increasingly unworkable his beliefs were unshakable and for that I salute him.

Whats wrong with being against abortion, do you advocate the murder of innocent people?

No I do not advocate the murder of innocent people. But I do advocate the freedom of choice that is the right of every human who walks the face of this Earth. Those freedoms of choice include:

• The right to choose contraception.

• The right to choose abortion.

Now here's a thing. Quoting George W. Bush on the death of Pope John Paul II: "The world has lost a champion of human freedom."

I think that really sums Mr Bush up quite well, don't you think?

[For those struggling with the link: Bush cites PJP2 as advocating freedom, yet in reality PJP2 was a pretty hardline leader who demonstrably did not advocate freedom. Ergo, Bush is a twat.]

And finally, to make this post a little spicier - I'll bet you £10 (that's about $18) that you are either American or a Conservative or, most likely, you are both.

Do I win £10?

Edit: Ahh, damn you, boohoo, you beat me to it...

but if you advocate abortion on account of freedom of choice. Do you advocate murder, rape, theft and so on, on account of freedom of choice? Abortion is to kill, simple as.

Guest Death List Observer

Our hearts and prayers are with His Holiness. May he rest in eternal peace.

Kofi Annan's tribute is better: "...a tireless advocate of peace."

Is the pope dead? Or George W. Bush?

:)

Harmless ol' "err on the side of life" -r that he is.

Guest lol

ROFLLMAO!!!!! j00 g07 own3d!!

Buddhists 1

Halibuts 176,567 (terrorism points)

Jews 2 (they got Jesus too)

Other Pagans 2 (Haha, we got Easter!)

Christianity 0

73h deadz012s :)

"African AIDS epidemic could not justify condom use..."

"Totally against abortion..."

"Against women priests..."

It is important to note that it is the Catholic Church that is at fault here.

What did you expect from the people who brought us the Spanish Inquisition and turned their backs on the Holocaust?

The great shame to me is so many seem to miss the point. We should be celebrating another great success for the death list, not providing a forum for raving lunatics' pointless dogma and single issue fanatics' ridiculous harranging. I don't care what ideas an irrelevant institution supported 10, 50 or 500 years ago, the big question is, who's next?

My money's on Castro, even God hates commies.

Guest Guest
I have to laugh at all you people who always predict that His holiness the Pope is about to die..he will live for many years to come and will probably outlive the grim reaper himself!Take him off the death list because your all going to get very bored waiting for the pope to die..it wont happen for many many years to come i confidently predict :)

Nosradamus you aint :P

Guest IYG
I have to laugh at all you people who always predict that His holiness the Pope is about to die..he will live for many years to come and will probably outlive the grim reaper himself!Take him off the death list because your all going to get very bored waiting for the pope to die..it wont happen for many many years to come i confidently predict  :)

Nosradamus you aint :P

Nostradamus t-shirt

The great shame to me is so many seem to miss the point. We should be celebrating another great success for the death list, not providing a forum for raving lunatics' pointless dogma and single issue fanatics' ridiculous harranging.

No, sir, it is you that misses the point. I just visited the Forum homepage to refresh my poor memory. I discovered the following description:

"2005 Names

The place to discuss people on the 2005 list."

I think the word you may have chosen to overlook is 'discuss'.

Discuss...

if you advocate abortion on account of freedom of choice. Do you advocate murder, rape, theft and so on, on account of freedom of choice?

No, of course I don't. Unfortunately our laws are not yet advanced enough to allow for antenatal rulings.

I do believe that foetal terminations are wrong, but that termination at the embryonic stage is not so bad.

I'm from Scotland

I am so sorry.

in the current climate it is being used as a form of contraception which in my opinion is very wrong

Cannot argue with that observation. Maybe we need to better educate people? If education is, in fact, the answer then I think we need to take a very long and hard look at the role of religion in education. I'm of the opinion that they should be irrevocably split. Tony and George are of the opposite opinion. Didn't Tony recently open a state school up in the North East of England that teaches Creationism? Isn't Creationism taught in a worryingly large proportion of US schools?

Absolutely f*****g outrageous.

Guest Guest

I agree, I think The Pope received alot of unjustified criticism alot of it from people just looking for an excuse to bring him down. The abortion question is probably one of the biggest challenges ahead for the new pope and all of the governments too, as shocked as I am I find myself agreeing with Michael Howard that the term times for abortion should be cut back, at least this would cut down the window for people to pop in and have an abortion as casually. I think it is a major decision for any woman to make but because it has been legalised for almost anything it is almost dehumanising the whole decision to the point where some women take the decision lightly. I think there are certain circumstances where an abortion is slightly acceptable such as when the baby has a very small chance of survival and a very high chance of killing the mother. But once you open the door more and more excuses come around and you don't know where to stop, the same applies to euthanasia first it will be persistent vegitative state, then handicapped, then those 'a little slow' then the elderly, it smacks of Naziism.

Thanks anyway for the reasoned discussion

Regarding PVS: Killing any single American for being an insensible, drooling vegetable could be the thin end of a fairly sizeable wedge :ph34r:

REST IN PEACE to a great pontiff. The world is at a loss without him.

As the great Henry Kissinger said yesterday "the world has lost one of the greatest men of the twentieth century, possibly the greatest".

How true those words are. A dedicated, accessible and down-to-earth pope who, although he may be responsible for the decline of the Catholic Church, was loved respected and adored not just by his flock, but by people of all religious denominations.

:ph34r:

Guest crusader

:ph34r: It was with sadness and a heavy heart that the world watched the final hours of the Pope's life pass on. As a leader of the Roman Catholic Community some 1.1 Billion (estimated) he was 'their father figure.'

As a Protestant and a liberal Christian, I could not by always agree on the Pontiff's stance on issues, but nevertheless I do believe he was a great man. Deathlist has claimed the No1 spot, with an all too easy prediction. All the same, may he meet his God.

in the current climate it is being used as a form of contraception which in my opinion is very wrong

Cannot argue with that observation. Maybe we need to better educate people? If education is, in fact, the answer then I think we need to take a very long and hard look at the role of religion in education. I'm of the opinion that they should be irrevocably split. Tony and George are of the opposite opinion. Didn't Tony recently open a state school up in the North East of England that teaches Creationism? Isn't Creationism taught in a worryingly large proportion of US schools?

Not nessecarily large, actually. Only in catholic schools do they ever do such crap. But, even so, the children in the catholic school are rebellious enough not to give a damn.

Guest KRAUT

F**k you! Celebrate pope death. Englands have are damaged brain.

Americans have no brain

Guest KRAUT

Ich bin ein Deutscher!!!

I am a German!!!

Ich bin ein Deutscher!!!

I am a German!!!

Come to think of it, German are the other white meat anyway.

Germans have no brains

No-one is celebrating any ones death.

Ich bin ein Deutscher!!!

I am a German!!!

Nobody's perfect