Grim Reaper

Pope John Paul

Gunjaman5000 is right. This thread should be closed and only resurrected at the second coming. Not sure that Castro will be next. Rehnquist sounds poorly.

Guest somegirl

reply To Josco:

You can recieve Last Rites (also called annointing of the sick) multiple times. My grandfather recieved it on 3 different occasions when the doctors in the hospital said he wouldn't make it through the night. . . this was almost 10 years ago and he's still alive and able to recieve it again if he is in danger of death.

Guest Guest

JFK received the last rites 4 times...

And in response to "only Catholic schools get taught all that crap" what exactly are youi implying ? I had a catholic education and I would defend it against silly unresearched comments like that. Yes we were taught about abortion and how deplorable it can be, but it was a reasoned teaching. We were also taught that in some circumstances such as ectopic pregnancies it was the lesser of two evils. Abortion as a form of contraception or as a lifestyle choice is wrong and I am proud that John Paul II defended this ideal to his last breath.

reply To Josco:

You can recieve Last Rites (also called annointing of the sick) multiple times. My grandfather recieved it on 3 different occasions when the doctors in the hospital said he wouldn't make it through the night. . . this was almost 10 years ago and he's still alive and able to recieve it again if he is in danger of death.

Thanks Somegirl. So he will have at leat 4 'last rites', can anyone beat that?

And in response to "only Catholic schools get taught all that crap" what exactly are youi implying ? I had a catholic education and I would defend it against silly unresearched comments like that. Yes we were taught about abortion and how deplorable it can be, but it was a reasoned teaching. We were also taught that in some circumstances such as ectopic pregnancies it was the lesser of two evils. Abortion as a form of contraception or as a lifestyle choice is wrong and I am proud that John Paul II defended this ideal to his last breath.

Well, this is what I meant by it:

The way Catholic school teaches these days are not what should a valid teaching. The main issue is that they force on you what they wish to and never give you the other scientific side. Then they want you to be the way they taught for the rest of your life, and if not, you're a sinner. Now, if I were to say this in a Catholic setting, no matter how sophisticated I said it, I'd be slandered by a bunch of people saying "YOU'RE WRONG YOU KNOW THAT". And trust me, it's happened before.

Anyways, it's not entirely crap, it only becomes crap when they tell you all this and want you to believe with no questioning. There's two sides to a story, and most Catholic schools would rather not delve into the side that's opposing there's. Hell, Darwin's theory made sense, right? But a couple of Vaticans thought it was against God and therefore knocked off the shelves. Because why? Because they wouldn't let themselves become vulnerable to being incorrect.

Much as I dread love, an abortion debate, are non-viable clusters of cells really famous enough for discussion here?

Death Threats to the usual address...

Much as I dread love, an abortion debate, are non-viable clusters of cells really famous enough for discussion here?

Death Threats to the usual address...

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?

I think I've sent enough letters...

Didn't Tony recently open a state school up in the North East of England that teaches Creationism? Isn't Creationism taught in a worryingly large proportion of US schools?

Absolutely f*****g outrageous.

My observation is that although the Roman catholic Church is extremely conservative on a number of issues, the general trend is a slow though progressive one towards making some concessions to human nature and the necessity for living in the 21st. century.

The distressing trend in elected governments appears to be in the other direction. Blind dogma and fundamentalism.

Lert's hpoe the next pope is an outspoken one. Doubt it though.

On a different note, at the moment when I heard that JP2 had died, I was performing the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber. Exactly the same thing I was doing when I heard that Princess Diana was dead.

Can anyone else report a similar similarity?

On a different note, at the moment when I heard that JP2 had died, I was performing the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber. Exactly the same thing I was doing when I heard that Princess Diana was dead.

Yep. I was watching the telly on both occasions. And when the second plane hit the World Trade Centre. Spooky, eh? <_<

Apparently I was was watching when Neil Armstrong took man's first steps on the moon too (I was too young to remember).

Guest Guest_The Lawyer

Honez

You just watch to much tv.

Cheers

Will

The campaigning singer, Bono, described John Paul II as "the first funky pope".

The Guardian, 04/04/05

The Deathlist Poster, Anubis The Jackal, described the campaigning singer, Bono, as "A Twunt"

Deathlist.net, 04/04/05

The campaigning singer, Bono, described John Paul II as "the first funky pope".

The Guardian, 04/04/05

The Deathlist Poster, Anubis The Jackal, described the campaigning singer, Bono, as "A Twunt"

Deathlist.net, 04/04/05

On Friday the delightful chap behind the Holy Moly newsletter described Bono as

Bonio - the Irish-Jimmy-Krankie-With-A-Social-Conscience

Which brightened up my morning.

The reporting of JP's demise has become more than a little ghoulish and is beginning to equal that when Priness Woodentop bought the farm. The BBC is running a "Reporter's log" so you can stay up to date with everything that is written about a dead old man. To save you the effort of going looking for it, here's the most recent entries:

Monday 4 April

Brian Hanrahan : St Peter's Square, Rome : 0806 GMT

Pope still dead.

Jane Little : Rome, Italy : 0737 GMT

The condition of the Pope remains stable.

David Willey : Rome, Italy : 0650 GMT

The deadness of the Pope is unaltered.

Luisa Baldini : Rome, Italy : 0605 GMT

Despite the best efforts of his expert team the Pope remains dead.

Sunday 3 April

Stephen Gibbs : Havana, Cuba : 2158GMT

Pope not alive.

Steve Kingstone : Sao Paulo, Brazil : 1944GMT

It has been several hours since the Pope last enjoyed oxygen.

Jill McGivering : Rome, Italy : 1825GMT

Jesus “happy” with Pope’s new role as a sunbeam.

Jennifer Glasse : Sao Vicente, Cape Verde : 1715GMT

Pope “Yet to come back into building”

Emma Jane Kirby : Rome, Italy : 1628GMT

Pope’s funeral unlikely to be cancelled.

Simon Lister : Rome, Italy : 1602GMT

Pope dead.

James Helm : Dublin, Ireland : 1558GMT

In addition to being dead in Rome he is also dead is Ireland.

Duncan Kennedy : Rome, Italy : 1457GMT

Vatican press statement announces “Pope unlikely to be present at next Sunday’s service”

James Simpson : Krakow, Poland : 1410GMT

Pope dead.

Bono is the ultimate rock and roll ambulance-chaser, the musical angel of death, forever hanging round the death-chambers of ailing legends to be first with a quote for the obituarists (see various Ramones, Sinatra, Pope JPII and more.)

My girlfriend tells me of a memorial service for a well-known musical figue she attended where the messianic one swept through the entire congregation 2 minutes after the service had started to seat himself on the front row with the bereaved family without so much as a by-your-leave.

Truly a weapons-grade twunt

The reporting of JP's demise has become more than a little ghoulish and is beginning to equal that when Priness Woodentop bought the farm. The BBC is running a "Reporter's log" so you can stay up to date with everything that is written about a dead old man. To save you the effort of going looking for it, here's the most recent entries:
Monday 4 April

Brian Hanrahan : St Peter's Square, Rome : 0806 GMT

Pope still dead.

Jane Little : Rome, Italy : 0737 GMT

The condition of the Pope remains stable.

David Willey : Rome, Italy : 0650 GMT

The deadness of the Pope is unaltered.

Luisa Baldini : Rome, Italy : 0605 GMT

Despite the best efforts of his expert team the Pope remains dead.

Sunday 3 April

Stephen Gibbs : Havana, Cuba : 2158GMT

Pope not alive.

Steve Kingstone : Sao Paulo, Brazil : 1944GMT

It has been several hours since the Pope last enjoyed oxygen.

Jill McGivering : Rome, Italy : 1825GMT

Jesus “happy” with Pope’s new role as a sunbeam.

Jennifer Glasse : Sao Vicente, Cape Verde : 1715GMT

Pope “Yet to come back into building”

Emma Jane Kirby : Rome, Italy : 1628GMT

Pope’s funeral unlikely to be cancelled.

Simon Lister : Rome, Italy : 1602GMT

Pope dead.

James Helm : Dublin, Ireland : 1558GMT

In addition to being dead in Rome he is also dead is Ireland.

Duncan Kennedy : Rome, Italy : 1457GMT

Vatican press statement announces “Pope unlikely to be present at next Sunday’s service”

James Simpson : Krakow, Poland : 1410GMT

Pope dead.

Brian Hanrahan : St Peter's Square, Rome : 1206 GMT

Pope still Catholic

Brian Hanrahan : St Peter's Square, Rome : 1207 GMT

Bears still shitting in wood

F**k you! Celebrate pope death.

Do ziss, do zatt....!

Sounds like Fritz is listing his objectives for the day....(I wonder who the "you" is though....) <_<

Guest One Man Jury
Ich bin ein Deutscher!!!

I am a German!!!

And a living vomit stain.

Yep. I was watching the telly on both occasions. And when the second plane hit the World Trade Centre. Spooky, eh? <_<

Apparently I was was watching when Neil Armstrong took man's first steps on the moon too (I was too young to remember).

I too was watching telly when the second plane stuck the WTC.

The telly in question was in the TV department of WalMart at the time.

Strangely enough it was that event which began raising my awareness of US politics to a point where I now know that I don't ever want to shop at WalMart.

(I was 8 weeks old when the (alleged) moon landing took place. We didn't own a TV back then.)

.........(I was 8 weeks old when the (alleged) moon landing took place. We didn't own a TV back then.)

Alleged? What can you mean?

.........(I was 8 weeks old when the (alleged) moon landing took place. We didn't own a TV back then.)

I was going to bite, but after clicking on "Quote" I decided to put the safety back on and walk away.

I was going to bite, but after clicking on "Quote" I decided to put the safety back on and walk away.

JSC%200105%20Chicken%2009.JPG

Even in death the Pope launches a kick back at the British Royal family, Chuck's had to postpone his wedding poor dear...

That'll teach you for breaking with Rome Henry VIII!

Sad thing is that Ulster Protestants will probably think it was deliberate...

On the reporter (Pope still dead shock) watch isn't it odd that JP2 is being praised as the Pope that brought down Communism, and while better than the Neo-Con bull of it all being Ronnie (not you Cowboy) Raygun, seems a little rich.

I thought communism feel through a heady mixture of economic collapse, relenting dictatorship and people power, I think tarmac kissing was purely incidental?

Guest One Man Jury
I think tarmac kissing was purely incidental?

Well, it's better than arse-licking although some of the weirdos who use this site might disagree with that.