Sign in to follow this  
Handrejka

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I assume this is what @MILFHunterGMan is referring to.

EDIT: Here's another one of these Zoom chats. In this he's sat there in his wheelchair puffing away on a cig. It's as if having a major stroke taught him nothing. So reckless.

Some folk are of the "what's the point in stopping now", especially if its one of their few vices they can still get at. When my grandad had 3 months to live, he stuck to the cigs and whisky till the final hospitalisation. When I mentioned it, he went "Aye, good point, I might get cancer" and then laughed himself hoarse. He'd have found this place funny too if he weren't dead tbh.

• Like 4

Those are 2 months ago but yeah he does look worse than he has before.To be honest he looks like he won't live an awful lot longer whether he smokes or not.Damage is clearly done.

1 minute ago, msc said:

Some folk are of the "what's the point in stopping now", especially if its one of their few vices they can still get at. When my grandad had 3 months to live, he stuck to the cigs and whisky till the final hospitalisation. When I mentioned it, he went "Aye, good point, I might get cancer" and then laughed himself hoarse. He'd have found this place funny too if he weren't dead tbh.

Yeah the bloke is wheelchair bound confined to his house for the foreseeable and clearly is deteriorating in health.He looks like he is too I'll anyway for smoking cessation to have an impact.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Those are 2 months ago but yeah he does look worse than he has before.To be honest he looks like he won't live an awful lot longer whether he smokes or not.Damage is clearly done.

He's still doing the 1-1 meet and greets via Fanmio here.

$100 if you're a schmuck.

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Heard this point being made many times before. I suppose it depends on how one values their own life and whether or not every second on the clock is worth saving. To me it's feckless and ungrateful to have such an attitude considering the chance of even just being born is 1 in 400 trillion. Not enough people stop to ponder their own existence, they're too caught up in the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He's still doing the 1-1 meet and greets via Fanmio here.

$100 if you're a schmuck.

Christ that's depressing being reduced to doing that, but I guess living in the USA he needs every cent for medical bills......

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Heard this point being made many times before. I suppose it depends on how one values their own life and whether or not every second on the clock is worth saving. To me it's feckless and ungrateful to have such an attitude considering the chance of even just being born is 1 in 400 trillion. Not enough people stop to ponder their own existence, they're too caught up in the moment.

Well, I agree, I'm of the view that as long as you can sit me in front of a TV and IV Irn Bru into my veins I'll find some reason to live... :D

My aunt who helped raise me as a kid and now has dementia badly has much the same view - that's there's no point bemoaning all the stuff you can't do anymore, just adjust to what you can do or enjoy.

But of course there are other views out there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

Christ that's depressing being reduced to doing that, but I guess living in the USA he needs every cent for medical bills......

Well I’m certain he was a grown ass man who could make grown ass calculated decisions, and chose to get his 6-figure incomes taxed at 39% rather than 45% with the ‘bonus’ of free health care. 
SC

On 27/08/2020 at 04:59, Ulitzer95 said:

I assume this is what @MILFHunterGMan is referring to.

EDIT: Here's another one of these Zoom chats. In this he's sat there in his wheelchair puffing away on a cig. It's as if having a major stroke taught him nothing. So reckless.

Actually this wasn't one i was referring to. But that one you showed I felt Tim seemed more talkative in it.

This one below was what i originally mentioned. Tim looks extremely gaunt, skinny, more immobile & barely able to talk compared to the first few Zoom Chats you mentioned. Not to speculate, But Tim could be seriously ill from something other than his stroke 6-7 years ago. I doubt he'll make it to 2021 from the looks of it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MILFHunterGMan said:

Actually this wasn't one i was referring to. But that one you showed I felt Tim seemed more talkative in it.

This one below was what i originally mentioned. Tim looks extremely gaunt, skinny, more immobile & barely able to talk compared to the first few Zoom Chats you mentioned. Not to speculate, But Tim could be seriously ill from something other than his stroke 6-7 years ago. I doubt he'll make it to 2021 from the looks of it.

He looks like he's going to die of boredom. Why is he putting himself through this? 

image.png.ff690dd3fe6bf0ebb55f12b569ff80b5.png

Not good, Tim looked in very, very bad shape in this, & Had trouble reading & saying his lines. But despite this he still did a great job.

• Sad 1

He had that huge stroke in 2012 and has looked progressively worse every year.

I reckon he’ll go in 2021 and would support his inclusion on next year’s list.

If other members agree then speak up now or you can’t complain when the Committee inevitably ignores us and he dies as a miss. ;)

But first of all the title of this topic should be changed into "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", please.

The missing words always make me ...:evil:

image.png.15d2249cdf8c8b6b134e5e83113245db.png

Besides that, Tim Curry has his own thread.

On 27/02/2005 at 00:42, Guest IYG said:

Doesn't Richard O'Brien have some desease, I think I remember reading something about that several years ago.

Guardian interview with Richard O'Brien:

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2020/nov/05/richard-obrien-interview-rocky-horror-trans-crack-stroke-70s

78 years old now, had a stroke, but the article doesn't say when. He says he should be dead after his drug consumption.

• Shocked 1

On 1 November 2020 at 09:06, Book said:

But first of all the title of this topic should be changed into "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", please.

The missing words always make me ...:evil:

image.png.15d2249cdf8c8b6b134e5e83113245db.png

Ill wait until the author of this thread okays it. @Handrejka

• Thanks 1

Ah, much better! Thanks! 

I've never seen this show in any shape or form.

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

I've never seen this show in any shape or form.

Ive only seen it a couple of times.  If you're ever up for it,  I'd suggest going to a live show. :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Ive only seen it a couple of times.  If you're ever up for it,  I'd suggest going to a live show. :D

Oh yeah! Saw a live show in New York with gcreptile, it was so much fun! Great memories! 

I was in a shadow cast many years ago. 

41 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

I'm not into musical theatre.