Sign in to follow this  
Handrejka

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm not into musical theatre.

It's just a bit more than a musical theatre.  You're expected to join in. 

15 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

It's just a bit more than a musical theatre.  You're expected to join in. 

:o  The horror!  Definitely not for me then.

• Like 1

I hope you people talking about the live show realise that its called "The Rocky Horror Show"; 'Picture' was added to the title for the film version!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, time said:

I hope you people talking about the live show realise that its called "The Rocky Horror Show"; 'Picture' was added to the title for the film version!

That’s precisely why I never queried the original title of the thread.

I thought it was to discuss the franchise in general, not just the movie.

On 08/06/2015 at 17:57, YoungWillz said:

Deserving of a list I feel:

Rocky Horror Picture Show:

Michael White (Producer) b. 16 January 1936 - Glasgow, Scotland; d. 7 March 2016 - Ojai, California

Jim Sharman (Director/Screenplay) b. 12 March 1945 - Sydney, Australia

Richard O'Brien (Play, Screenplay, Riff Raff) b. 25 March 1942 - Cheltenham, UK

Tim Curry (Dr Frank-N-Furter) b. 19 April 1946 - Warrington, UK

Susan Sarandon (Janet Weiss) b. 4 October 1946 - New York City, USA

Barry Bostwick (Brad Majors) b. 24 February 1945 - San Mateo, California, USA

Patricia Quinn (Magenta) b. 28 May 1944 - Belfast, UK

Nell Campbell (Columbia) b. 24 May 1953 - Sydney, Australia

Jonathan Adams (Dr Everett V Scott) b. 14 February 1931 - Northampton, UK; d. 13 June 2005 - London, UK

Peter Hinwood (Rocky Horror) b. 17 May 1946 - UK

Meat Loaf (Eddie) b. 27 September 1947 - Dallas, Texas, USA

Charles Gray (The Criminologist) b. 29 August 1928 - Bournemouth, UK; d. 7 March 2000 - London, UK

Jeremy Newson (Ralph Hapschatt) b. ???

Hilary Farr nee Labow (Betty Munroe) b. 31 August 1951 - Toronto, Canada

Perry Bedden (Transylvanian) b. 1 October 1951 - London, UK

Christopher Biggins (Transylvanian) b. 16 December 1948 - Oldham, UK

Gaye Brown (Transylvanian) b. 2 March 1941 - Twickenham, UK

Ishaq Bux (Translyvanian) b. 15 June 1917 - Kampur, India; d. 2 September 2000 - London, UK

Stephen Calcutt (Transylvanian) b. c.1951

Hugh Cecil (Transylvanian) b. 16 May 1913 - London, UK; d. 11 February 2004 - Tolworth, UK

Imogen Claire (Transylvanian) b. 2 November 1943 - London, UK; d. 24 June 2005 - London, UK

Tony Cowan or Cowen (Transylvanian) b. ???

Sadie Corré (Transylvanian) b. 31 May 1918 - Bognor, UK; d. 26 August 2009 - London, UK

Fran Fullenwider (Transylvanian) b. 16 November 1945 - Harlingen, Texas, USA; d. 2 May 1997 - London, UK

Lindsay Ingram (Transylvanian) b. c.1948; d. c. July 2017

Peggy Ledger (Transylvanian) b. 23 July 1900 - Dublin, Ireland; d. 4 July 1981 - London, UK

Annabel Leventon (Transylvanian) b. 20 April 1942 - Hertfordshire, UK

Anthony Milner (Transylvanian) b. 27 March 1947- UK; d. 6 July 2015 - UK

Pamela Obermeyer (Transylvanian) b. ???

Tony Then (Transylvanian) b. c.1944 - Singapore; d. 16 December 1995 - Singapore

Kimi Wong (Transylvanian) b. c.1949 - South Africa

Henry Woolf (Transylvanian) b. 20 January 1930 - London, UK

Rufus Collins (Transylvanian) b. 11 August 1935 - New York City, USA; d. 4 November 1996 - Amsterdam, Netherlands

Notable Others:

Koo Stark (Uncredited Bridesmaid) b. 26 April 1956 - New York City, USA

Trevor White (Rocky Horror Singing Voice) b. ???

Clare Torry (Backing Singer, Album, Uncredited) b. 29 November 1947 - ?, UK

Feel free to give me some updated information or those who you think should be added and I'll update the list. Also, if you want a Shock Treatment list, I'll do that too.

Guardian obituary for actor and director Jeremy Newson. Age given as 73 and the cause as motor neurone disease.

Also appeared in Shock Treatment, the only actor to play the same character in both films.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Guardian obituary for actor and director Jeremy Newson. Age given as 73 and the cause as motor neurone disease.

Also appeared in Shock Treatment, the only actor to play the same character in both films.

I knew I recognised the name but didn't twig it was the same guy. 

Tim Curry is looking in extremely bad shape sadly. Unfortunately appears he may have dementia or parkinsons. Getting worse it seems, For awhile after his stroke he appeared to be doing well but has been declining in health.

19 minutes ago, MILFHunterGMan said:

Tim Curry is looking in extremely bad shape sadly. Unfortunately appears he may have dementia or parkinsons. Getting worse it seems, For awhile after his stroke he appeared to be doing well but has been declining in health.

It's neither of those. He suffered a severe stroke a few years ago, and like many stroke victims there's a delayed response between the brain and movement/speech.

I agree that he looks in very bad shape, but he doesn't look any worse than he did 12 months ago.

• Like 6

Interesting that he’s actually well enough to travel to and attend a conference in Manchester! 

Also in attendance will be Barry Bostwick, Patricia Quinn and 2 of the Trannies (Christopher Biggins and 6ft 6 Stephen Calcutt). 

Any of the Trannies (or wider cast) that we haven’t heard from in years?

51 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It's neither of those. He suffered a severe stroke a few years ago, and like many stroke victims there's a delayed response between the brain and movement/speech.

I agree that he looks in very bad shape, but he doesn't look any worse than he did 12 months ago.

It probably isn't dementia just brain damage although there is an increased prevalence of dementia occuring in stroke survivors.I doubt this is the case with Tim as he has been seemingly stable for years.

• Like 1

No signs of dementia whatsoever. 

• Like 1

Twitter reporting the death of Henry Woolf aged 91. 

The Collector in Dr Who: The Sun Makers, Arthur Sultan in The Rutles, Frankie Barrow in Steptoe And Son, etc etc etc.

His connection to Pinter should make him QO. A fantastic character actor. If true, RIP.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0941146/

He's been a DDP pick previously, I assume he still is. Edit: Nope, so List of the Missed when confirmed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

He was going to be picked again in 49 days or so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

He was going to be picked again in 49 days or so.

Don't I know it! A previous pick for me. It's hit Toby Hadoke by now, so hopefully an obit in the Telegraph or Guardian should be pretty quick. And it will be amazing reading.

• Like 2

RIP Arthur Sultan The Surrey Mystic.

Yes, I was going to pick Henry Woolf for next year too...

• Like 1

I’ve just come back from an extended absence and reviewed this thread from start to finish - I think (and hope) that rumours of Tim Curry’s decline are exaggerated. 

He looks significantly better now than he did in the first pics of him post stroke, nine years ago.

Even accounting for the fact that he’s better lit, and made up, for the online ‘meet and greet’ content he doesn’t seem to have started circling the drain just yet. 

On 13/11/2021 at 06:52, EGN said:

I’ve just come back from an extended absence and reviewed this thread from start to finish - I think (and hope) that rumours of Tim Curry’s decline are exaggerated. 

He looks significantly better now than he did in the first pics of him post stroke, nine years ago.

Even accounting for the fact that he’s better lit, and made up, for the online ‘meet and greet’ content he doesn’t seem to have started circling the drain just yet. 

The most recent Q&A's he did with a few fans which are posted on YouTube. Which were posted last month. He seemed more energetic & talkative. & in good spirits. He started off one by singing & another he laughed at a joke made by a fan. So as of now think he is doing well.

He was in Seattle, this past weekend, for Emerald City Comic Con.

5 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

He was in Seattle, this past weekend, for Emerald City Comic Con.

Who was?

6 hours ago, time said:

Who was?

Tim Curry

Yeah I’m dropping him from my list for next year. He may look like a corpse but seems to be stable.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yeah I’m dropping him from my list for next year. He may look like a corpse but seems to be stable.

He survived his stroke, but I mean, its basically that he's no longer the old school manic Tim Curry anymore, he's massive stroke survivor Tim Curry, and some fans can't cope with that drastic life change. imo having survived a few years now, he's OK till the next big health issue.

I've updated the Rocky Horror list on page 2 of the thread for Meat Loaf's death. I've assumed he died in California, but if anyone knows the place of death....

• Sad 1

On 21/01/2022 at 12:05, YoungWillz said:

I've updated the Rocky Horror list on page 2 of the thread for Meat Loaf's death. I've assumed he died in California, but if anyone knows the place of death....

The place of death is Nashville, Tennessee.  He was living in the suburb of Brentwood, Tennessee prior to his death.

Source: https://www.newschannel5.com/news/music-city-remembers-music-legend-meat-loaf 

• Thanks 1