Guest Advisor

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Zsa Zsa's back in hospital;.Its just an infection around her feeding tube.

Her ever-loving husband is quoted as saying

This really f**ked up our Christmas.

With the week we've been having and the fact that old Oscar started out with "just" a respiratory infection, she could be hit number 13 soon!

With the week we've been having and the fact that old Oscar started out with "just" a respiratory infection, she could be hit number 13 soon!

Given we've been having a bit of a DL 'clearout' lately, is a distinct possibility

Given we've been having a bit of a DL 'clearout' lately, is a distinct possibility

However, this being Zsa Zsa - heir apparent to the Queen Mum (gawd bless 'er), the Pope, and Liz Taylor - I expect to see her fighting fit by next week.

It's a bit hard to express my thoughts in Zsa-Zsa's case. I don't think she'll go in the way we all so love, i.e. by getting ill, going to hospital and snuffing it after a week or so. She's been through too many failed attempts to give me any confidence that this is the end. I think that when she eventually goes it'll be without warning and that may well take a while.

Of course, knowing the quality of my predictions, it probably means that she'll croak today. It's always good to hedge one's bets.

regards,

Hein

Happy Birthday dear Zsa Zsa. 96 today +/- 5 years depending who you believe.

Is anyone going to give her the bumps?

Happy Birthday dear Zsa Zsa. 96 today +/- 5 years depending who you believe.

Is anyone going to give her the bumps?

We need 3 volunteers...

• Like 5

Ditto that idea...

Was only thinking about the old dear just this morning in relation to narrowing gaps in news reports that relate to general old age decline like we currently see with Nelson Mandela, and previously with Pope JP2.

I would expect one of three types of news reports about Zsa Zsa in the future. A birthday or anniversary party. Another trip to hospital or the news that see has died at home.

No point in having to put up with that existence. Really, I'm all for euthanasia. Especially for the latter stages of many types of inability to maintain a full and able life. Look at Stephen Hawking. All he has, is his mind. If that goes, then what's the point in having him exist as a failed body on life support. Is Ariel Sharon ever going to make any sort of recovery? Even if he has recovered, to a "locked-in" syndrome state, is anyone able to understand any muscle reflex or brainwave to get him to react in whatever way so if he has any thoughts that they can be understood?

Annette Funichelo's case of MS bothers me. Horrible way to have your life to end. Grim deterioration, losing abilities to converse and move. Painfully grim. Diamorphine should have wider use within the carefully chosen care case work in the Heath profession. Zsa Zsa is a case in point.

• Like 1

Been pretty quiet for Zsa Zsa lately... Any updates?

Not really. I had the same thought this morning and did a quick search. Her lovely Princey-husband is thinking of selling their residence in order to make repayments and stay in residence. "Shady motives" is mentioned in the text. Nothing really about Zsa Zsa's health though I'm inclined to think that if the Gabors did move, Zsa Zsa would be likely not to be aware of any changes.

• Like 1

Ditto that idea...

Was only thinking about the old dear just this morning in relation to narrowing gaps in news reports that relate to general old age decline like we currently see with Nelson Mandela, and previously with Pope JP2.

I would expect one of three types of news reports about Zsa Zsa in the future. A birthday or anniversary party. Another trip to hospital or the news that see has died at home.

No point in having to put up with that existence. Really, I'm all for euthanasia. Especially for the latter stages of many types of inability to maintain a full and able life. Look at Stephen Hawking. All he has, is his mind. If that goes, then what's the point in having him exist as a failed body on life support. Is Ariel Sharon ever going to make any sort of recovery? Even if he has recovered, to a "locked-in" syndrome state, is anyone able to understand any muscle reflex or brainwave to get him to react in whatever way so if he has any thoughts that they can be understood?

Annette Funichelo's case of MS bothers me. Horrible way to have your life to end. Grim deterioration, losing abilities to converse and move. Painfully grim. Diamorphine should have wider use within the carefully chosen care case work in the Heath profession. Zsa Zsa is a case in point.

I definitely agree. I don't really have anything against Zsa Zsa herself, but she's one of the few people I don't hate but wouldn't mind dying because a life like her's really can't be enjoyable. Even worse is those with Alzheimer's. If I ever get Alzheimer's I'd kill myself before it gets to the point where I can't remember what everyday objects are. Even Zsa Zsa at least still has her mind.

• Like 2

Ditto that idea...

I talked once with a dog breeder who had put down countless dogs but was against euthanasia. She said it's because humans have magical healing abilities and animals do not. Weird...

Hate to sound like a contestant on Deal or No Deal but I just have this "feeling" she's gonna stick around for even longer than anyone thought possible. She's clearly very obstinate even at her age.

I mean if you're in your mid-90s and you're willing to have a leg chopped off to stay alive..... she must really enjoy whatever TV she watches.

(Now watch as she inevitably dies tomorrow after this comment...)

she can't have many assets left

Haha, assets! Geddit?!??!

Several websites now reporting that the sale of her house has fallen through.

http://realestalker.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/zsa-zsas-bel-air-mansion-falls-out-of.html

I'm not surprised. Who wants to buy a house with squatters you can't get rid of for potentially three years and you need to pay them $325,000 a year to boot?!

I think Zsa Zsa is way past the stage of being capable of worrying or caring about any of this. Only question left is when will the saga end?

I mean if you're in your mid-90s and you're willing to have a leg chopped off to stay alive..... she must really enjoy whatever TV she watches.

Well I guess then she is safe for a while. Season 2 of Homeland was such a mess there is no way she will die without finding out if the show gets good again in season 3 or turns to complete crap.