The Erl King

Richard Widmark

A big shout for actor Richard Widmark - I believe he's just passed his 90th (a few days ago) so certainly old enough to be 'on his way' and the triple celebration of birthday, Xmas and new year might just be enough to nudge him over

A big shout for actor Richard Widmark - I believe he's just passed his 90th (a few days ago) so certainly old enough to be 'on his way' and the triple celebration of birthday, Xmas and new year might just be enough to nudge him over

Just don't place him a wheelchair near the top of a flight of stairs. :rolleyes:

What about Richard Widmark - Is he healthy or a candidate for the list?

Any actual news from his person?

Until you mentioned him I had thought he was dead but apparently not. It seems it was one of his wives that was dead and he is said to have remarried in 1999. Born in 1914 he is definitely edging up the ladder to the jump-off platform. No idea though on his health.

One other note, if you feed him undercooked oatmeal he will strap you into a wheelchair and give it a shove down a very steep flight of stairs.

Maddin, who is on your avatar? Looks like that bloke that was in The High Chaperal....Lief Erikson (maybe?)

Maddin, who is on your avatar? Looks like that bloke that was in The High Chaperal....Lief Erikson (maybe?)

It is the same person which "One Man Jury" has on his avatar - maybe you find out :-)

Looks to me like Jack Palance.

Here (hopefully) is a link.

http://www.fametracker.com/2_stars_1_slot/...ce_coburn.shtml

And yeah he was in One Man Jury. Also remembered for his one arm pushup on stage at the Academy Awards a few years ago. (Or was it some other award show?). Born in 1919 he used to be a boxer

the answer of the riddle....

you are right. It is Mr. Palance.

and...

it was the Academy Awards he showed his one arm pushup.

I suggest Mr Widmark for the list 2006

he was born 1914...

I suggest Mr Widmark for the list 2006

he was born 1914...

Richard Widmark. Sure. Also bringing up the subject on

possible canidates how about Jack Palence? He's getting

up there with his age and not only was he a good actor but

he would make a great deathlist canidate.

O and also just to mention what has happened

to One Man Jury?

How about using the already existing possibilities for 2006 thread? :)

How about using the already existing possibilities for 2006 thread? :)

True but this thread has allready had alot of discussion.

It should just be left as is. ;)

according to his age - Palance may be a candidate too.

Palance, Widmark, Malden, Wallach, Borgnie.... alle the good old movie heros

Also let's not forget about the 100 year old Charles Lane Who

will be 101 in January of next year.

It's just i have always enjoyed his type of roll when

he acted. He never had a major part though he

appeared in over 100 films in his acting career.

As he said\He thought after a while that people

started to think of him as somewhat of an old friend

after appearing in so many films. Probobly starting in the 20's

and then into the 1990's.

If he's alive in 2006 i'll see him in.

Maddin you live!

I hadn't seen you round these parts lately and was starting to wonder if we maybe should have had you on the list B) . Good to see you're still around though.

Don`t be afraid...

I`m fine.... what is your condition?

I have no conditions.

Richard Widmark I've always thought looked pretty healthy for his age and, as far as I know, has no known health problems.

Feel free to correct me if someone knows differentely. He's a little before my time.

Richard Widmark I've always thought looked pretty healthy for his age and, as far as I know, has no known health problems.

Feel free to correct me if someone knows differentely. He's a little before my time.

I agree with you, disagree with Tempus (as an excellent choice).

Widmark is on my "DDP list" (to clarify - this is about 200 people of fame, to be high up is top 40, so being on the list itself isn't much in a sense) but he's way down it - bout 150, I think.

Still visits premieres, no health concerns recently, he was always quite a strong, fit man so I have no doubt that helps now, I think that despite his age, he is quite good for probably two or three years yet, maybe more, who knows?

One of my favourite living actors, by the way, not least as he's one of the last survivors of what I and many others term "The Golden Age."

I agree with you, disagree with Tempus (as an excellent choice).

Widmark is on my "DDP list" (to clarify - this is about 200 people of fame, to be high up is top 40, so being on the list itself isn't much in a sense) but he's way down it - bout 150, I think.

Still visits premieres, no health concerns recently, he was always quite a strong, fit man so I have no doubt that helps now, I think that despite his age, he is quite good for probably two or three years yet, maybe more, who knows?

One of my favourite living actors, by the way, not least as he's one of the last survivors of what I and many others term "The Golden Age."

Good to know I'm still a little sane, to go along with what I said in the Heston thread. :crossbone:

Any movies to recommend? Not for DL purposes really, just curious I suppose.

Any movies to recommend? Not for DL purposes really, just curious I suppose.

Well, I'm a James Stewart fan, so the ones I enjoy are perhaps those when Stewart & Widmark collaborated.

He has appeared in a number of flops - ie National Lampoon Goes To The Movies but good ones that he is in or star of:

Kiss of Death (Oscar Nominated)

Judgement at Nuremberg

Night And The City

The Bedford Incident

Yellow Sky

The Street With No Name

The Jimmy ones are not his best but How The West Was Won is probably the best of them - Cheyenne Autumn is a bit too long , Two Rode Together is alright but hasn't aged well, I don't think.

I quite liked Madigan & I personally thought Death of a Gunfighter was excellent, but generally, some regard it as hit & miss.

His IMDb entry is quite extensive but he's largely retired now. In some cases, it seems "retired" doesn't mean "death imminent" :crossbone:

Guest Guest

No way, he's gonna outlive us all! He'll be 92 on 12/26/06!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest june edwards (capricorn)

:pop:

If you placed Richard Widmark in a wheel chair at the top of the stairs and gave him a little nudge i think he would actually enjoy the ride! Iam 46 and i have been a fan since I was 9 years old, I think your great!

date = 28 oct, 2006 U.K

Since this thread has been revived anyhow, I'd like to make a quick link to an old post from OoO that claimed that Widmark was doing poorly as of late. I wouldn't my unbridled optimism from earlier in this thread to come back and bite me in the ass - I think he'd make a good candidate for DL '07 (and an interesting one too...)