Sign in to follow this  
Jimh

Jack Chick

With JP2 unlikely to require an inclusion on next year's list perhaps it is time to consider a possible replacement for his holiness in the "Nearly Dead Religious Types" category.

I would like to nominate Mr Jack Chick for this award. For those not aware of this gentleman's works (some claim him to be the world's most published author) you can check out his website >just here<. If you aren't keen on wading through that nonsense you can cut to the chase on his tract list page >just here<. Some of his best works revolve around some splendidly nonsensical decontruction of evolution and an almost beautifully simplistic solution to the whole Arab/Israeli conflict (convert the Arabs to Christianity). Whilst failing to turn me onto the word of God he has kept me laughing for a few years now.

Mr Chick is now 81 and must be getting close to "going home to the Lord". Whilst rather reclusive (even finding his age is tricky) I believe he passes the fame test because of the sheer volume of works he has produced in his lifetime and the number of people who (perhaps without realising it) have read his ghastly little booklets.

Good call, and...

ghastly little booklets

...good description :lol:

This is one of my favourite Chick tracts:

Party Girl

Moral of the story: if you have the audacity to go to a party, not only will Satan try to poison you, but worse still, your granny might turn up, talking bollocks. ;)

I don't know what that Satan chap has against poor Jill. It is a relief that her granny is there for her!

I like this one:

aspel.gif

I don't know what that Satan chap has against poor Jill. It is a relief that her granny is there for her!

I like this one:

aspel.gif

Doesn't the 'Lord' look like Michael Aspel.

It's hard to pick a favourite but it's difficult not to love the old boy for his homophobia. >He likes to start 'em young<

I appreciate this site is about prediction rather than a wishlist but I can't help feeling everyone would be happier if this loathesome bigot weren't here anymore.

Rare sighting of Jack Chick

Looks okay, too, for a man who has the illness he has had recently. But pictures can be deceiving... He is, however still working, apparently

I thought he'd only had a triple bypass. Those are really no big deal anymore. Hell, my mom had one 13 years ago, then a quad two years ago, and she's still working and driving everyone nuts.

Has he had something else go wrong since the bypass?

Oh lordy, that one is a classic.

They were on the Ark were they? I can't help feeling that if they'd had a few dozen dragons on board it might have merited at least one mention. And Noah said, my God those things are bloody huge. And the dragons did feast on the tigers and the lions and the anchovies and the...

Nah, they didn't get as far as the lions and tigers.

Actually I'm surprised they managed as many dinosaurs as they did.

Ooooo, Jack Chick is my 'favourite' 'cartoonist'. I must say that I read his little tracts for fun, even if he bashes my religion on a regular basis and not just on Halloween. But then again, he bashes all religions except his own version of Christianity. Didn't know he was getting on like that.... I sure will miss his little fantasy tracts when he tries to get past the pearly gates himself. :blink:

Oh darn it. I'm stuck reading those tracts again!

Welcome HHNF,

You're a Buddhist then,I take it?

I must say that I read his little tracts for fun, even if he bashes my religion on a regular basis and not just on Halloween.

Welcome HHNF,

No Anubis, a witch.

BURN HER! BURN HER!

POKE HER WITH STICKS!

Welcome HHNF,

No Anubis, a witch.

BURN HER! BURN HER!

POKE HER WITH STICKS!

Got owt original?

I thought you were going to say Catholic. He reeeeally hates them.

I thought you were going to say Catholic. He reeeeally hates them.

True! He really dislikes them.

I've finally been able to tear myself away from the train wreck that is Jack Chick's website. I feel so much better now.

Yup, but I save it for Wednesday prayer meetings. Join us, there's hob-nobs.

BURN HER! BURN HER!

POKE HER WITH STICKS!

Got owt original?

Yup, but I save it for Wednesday prayer meetings. Join us, there's hob-nobs.

That's lovely, thanks. However, I'm going to have to decline as my circle on Wednesday serves cakes and ale..... Perhaps some other time?

At least not until Deathcon1, where you will hopefully be taking on the proverbial characteristic of the amphibian in question

I'm not scorning, by the way. Don't want to end up as a newt. :blink:

Never heard of him. And with you can close this thread making this the final and mostly deserving post.

SC

Good riddance, though.

Never heard of him. And with you can close this thread making this the final and mostly deserving post.

SC

Why should they. Your not the boss of their forum (and neither am I).
  • Like 1