IKYWN

Tommy Vance - Dead

Guest iain smith

former radio one dj tommy vance has died after suffering a stroke.he used to present the top 40 and rock show and was one of the most recognizable voices on radio.His death will come as a great shock to manyRIP

[Threads merged - please don't start a new thread when there are already 2 going on the same subject. RK]

Bit of a John Peel moment really.

:)

Absolutely. When I was a nipper, the Friday Rock Show was essential listening. There are bands I still listen to today which I would probably never have heard of if it wasn't for "TV on the radio".

He will be sadly missed.

:(

I recall TV as a DJ on the forces radio in BAOR many years ago. Enjoyed his shows then, but in later years when he did the voice overs or commentaries for some 'home video' shows I found his stentorian shouting a little wearing.

I am sure you are all familiar with the concept of these shows. There are three moderatey amusing viceo clips of some one falling off a ladder or similar; and the whole program consists of showing the same clip again and again in an attempt to fill another half hour of television schedule. Sometimes one longs for the adverts. Of course, if I attempt to wrest control of the remote there is near civil war from my recalcitrant offspring, so I am trapped in a sempiternal nightmare of ubiquitous televisual crap.

I was amazed to discover he died in the Darent Valley Hospital. Does anyone know where he was living at the time of his death.

Does anyone know where he was living at the time of his death.

eh????? ;)

Sorry if my post confused you HCW. The question was how come a 'name' DJ ended up pegging out in a hospital near Dartford, Kent. Roughly speaking, the arse end of the UK. I couldn't imagine a guy with Vance's career record and cash reserves choosing to live anywhere nearby. Turns out I was right, he was passing through when he suffered a stroke and he never recovered. Meaning he never returned to his swish and expensive apartment in London's docklands.