Sign in to follow this  
little sister

Barbara Bel Geddes

I have no idea why (and I don't think I want to know) but last night in the middle of my dream in popped Barbara Bel Geddes.

A quick trawl for info shows she's 82, and reminded me that she took a year out from Miss Eliie in the '80's to have quadruple heart bypass surgery, and hasn't seemed to have done anything noteworthy since 1990.

Just wondered of she was enjoying retirement, or resting on doc's orders??????

love and kisses

little sister

( ;) in need of sleep)

and there's a bonus point on offer if anyone can remember the name of the actress who played Miss Ellie during Babs' absence

Guest BBG

Hi!

I know this topic`s old,but I just found it,and thought I`d reply anyway!Barbara Bel Geddes is still alive, though in poor health...Articles don`t mention exactly what is wrong with her,but it`s probably hear-related.She retired completely from actin after Dallas; said she wanted to spend more time to draw/paint and doing other things she liked :D I saw an interview with her from 1997,and she looked very good in it, but they say she`s in and out of hospitals these days :lol:

BTW,the actress replacing Barbara when she was ill was Donna Reed(very bad replacement indeed!!!)

Barbara.jpg

Guest BBG

I meant heart-related in the post above!!!

Cheers BBG, I wasn't sure if she was alive or not, so she has now come off the sub's bench at work and will be promoted to the main game in my dead pool! :lol:

Guest IYG

Still alive, 82 years old, had breast cancer 32 years ago.

She had breast cancer in 'Dallas.' Very moving scenes after the operation....'Oh Jock, I feel deformed' etc.

Guest One Man Jury
She had breast cancer in 'Dallas.' Very moving scenes after the operation....'Oh Jock, I feel deformed' etc.

She was deflated then!

She had breast cancer in 'Dallas.' Very moving scenes after the operation....

As opposed to very moving scenery on Prisoner Cell Block "H"...what a classic

Guest IYG

Well, she had it both in real life and on the show.

Are you referring to breasts or cancer?

Guest IYG

Are you referring to breasts or cancer?

Both. :flame:

Guest Guest

Barbara Bell Geddes died of cancer aged 82.

Guest iain

JRs mum is dead.

Guest IYG

iain is seriously getting on my nerves now. Can we ban him on the grounds of not knowing how to use a message board? If there is already a thread, you answer there, if not, there is a near miss for 2005. Unless it's someone really major who doesn't have a thread for themselves like Britney Spears.

Provided there is something wrong with her (asides the fact that shes rank).

Guest Guest

BBc news website has an article on her She died of cancer gotta go to work now so no time to do a link

iain is seriously getting on my nerves now. Can we ban him on the grounds of not knowing how to use a message board? If there is already a thread, you answer there, if not, there is a near miss for 2005. Unless it's someone really major who doesn't have a thread for themselves like Britney Spears.

Has Britney died?

BABS is a BEllE no more <_<:rip:

Miss Ellie was only 8 when she had JR? She had lung cancer and was never on the list? Larry Hagman was in 1996-- a fierce opponent of smoking... The woman who replaced her on the show died during the show and Babs got her job back, thank the Lord. Donna will Reed no more. The woman who played Donna on Dallas must be dead. Has anyone seen her since the show? Anyway, Barbara bel Geddes is now and forever most assuredly DEAD.

Rehnquist is not; a walking tracheotomy. He was Chief Justice when the show was on...

Guest Guest

i can tell you all the actors who were on Prisoner Cell Block H who have since died.