Billy Joel is looking pretty bad these days. He has just checked into rehab for alcohol abuse having suffered a bout of severe gastro intestinal distress. This is not his first rehab session, the last was in 2002. He has managed 3 car accidents in the last 2 years and has recently married a 23 year old, no doubt putting additional strain on his poor old ticker.

A strong younger candidate for 2006 I think.

There is a picture of him looking pretty rough here.

• Like 1

has recently married a 23 year old, no doubt putting additional strain on his poor old ticker.

According to your link...

But in 1997, he announced he would not write any more pop songs in the foreseeable future, concentrating instead on classical scores.

I'd say that at his age, a new 23-year-old bride would be considered an absolute classic score.

I'd say that at his age, a new 23-year-old bride would be considered an absolute classic score.

:( very good honez

Billy Joel is looking pretty bad these days. He has just checked into rehab for alcohol abuse having suffered a bout of severe gastro intestinal distress. This is not his first rehab session, the last was in 2002. He has managed 3 car accidents in the last 2 years and has recently married a 23 year old, no doubt putting additional strain on his poor old ticker.

A strong younger candidate for 2006 I think.

There is a picture of him looking pretty rough here.

It's pictures of her I'd be more interested in. Let's face it, his standards are pretty high; judging by how he slagged off Christie Brinkley anyway.

Guest Guest

Billy can't handle pressure :D!

He's looking really rough in that picture!

In that photo Billy looks just like Celine Dion's hubby. Look here for a comparison:

http://celinedion.s5.com/celinerene.html

Now why on earth would I want anything to do with anything that could or would relate in any way shape or form to anything related to that Canadian goose voiced horror known as Celine?

Ugh! It just makes me old body shudder violently and viciously even thinking of her screech tearing across the airwaves.

Go ahead just try to refute me. :D

In that photo Billy looks just like Celine Dion's hubby. Look here for a comparison:

http://celinedion.s5.com/celinerene.html

Now why on earth would I want anything to do with anything that could or would relate in any way shape or form to anything related to that Canadian goose voiced horror known as Celine?

Ugh! It just makes me old body shudder violently and viciously even thinking of her screech tearing across the airwaves.

Go ahead just try to refute me. :D

Sorry for any offence caused .... but Billy DOES look like him!

No offense taken (except perhaps by some with my American Standard spelling). Now if only I could summon up the courage to click on that link. Now that I think on it, I'm not that fond of William Jasper Joel either. (Yes, I made up the Jasper part.)

Guest Neal at MatchstickCats.com
MatchstickCats the webcomic. They've done a Guns'n'Roses special, so any time soon Billy is bound to feature

http://www.MatchstickCats.com

In fairness, he never was pretty, even in his heyday

Guest Guest

(Sorry - got the quote function mixed up with the signature thing, or somthing...)

Guest Guest

Yeah...

Oh well. His music is the best. And as long as his music lives forever...

Guest Guest
MatchstickCats the webcomic. They've done a Guns'n'Roses special, so any time soon Billy is bound to feature

http://www.MatchstickCats.com

In fairness, he never was pretty, even in his heyday

I never liked Cristie much --- but BILLY looked his absolute best when he was married to her !!!

Yeah...

Oh well. His music is the best. And as long as his music lives forever...

A persons life will eventually end. A persons work may live forever'

Joel was a boxer and - I think - was a good one. Does anyone know any more about his boxing career? Can't find much on the net beyond the fact he fought 22 times as a welterweight and suffered a broken nose once. In the unlikely event he shipped a lot of punishment back then the long-term fallout could be catching up with him now.

As long as we're needlessly resurrecting this thread, I'd like to wish the man a one-day belated :D

It's OK Billy Joel, we know you didn't start the :lol:

CP man, this isn't a pointless resurrection - well any more than any Billy Joel related activity is pointless, but let's not get distracted down that road eh.

I'm serious, Boxers age their brains and - like Muhammad Ali - can start to show it in late middle age. Joel was a serious fighter for a while but I can't get much information on how many beatings he took.

CP man, this isn't a pointless resurrection - well any more than any Billy Joel related activity is pointless, but let's not get distracted down that road eh.

I'm serious, Boxers age their brains and - like Muhammad Ali - can start to show it in late middle age. Joel was a serious fighter for a while but I can't get much information on how many beatings he took.

Fair enough I suppose. To make amends, I tried a little research, but couldn't get any information either, not that I'm very good with Google, and I have my doubts that the UCSD Libraries have much on Billy Joel's boxing career.

My desire to fight has died down after the morning. I'll never be Russel Crowe at this rate. :D

I'm guessing our Billy probably never strayed many miles from home in his fledgling fight career, hence the lack of detail on-line.

I thought if he'd come a cropper as a punch bag for a serious fighter or two we might have something to clutch at. The depressive tendencies he seems prone to are sometimes seen in ex-boxers starting to show brain damage.

Happy 63rd birthday, Billy! Only the good die young.

Great interview with the old lush here. Sounds pretty settled, so there's no chance of an imminent heart atack-ak-ak-ak-ak.

• Like 1

his new wife is due to give birth too.