Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mambu

Ruby Muhammad

Must now be getting quite high up the oldest people in the world lits with all the recent deaths.

She's probably somewhere around the top 100 oldest in the world. Unfortunately the list stops at the age of 110 so if she survives to her next birthday, we'll see how far down the list she actually is.

I don't think she was really famous enough. But if she gets the obituary I can't complain. The reality of it all is that she is at some status with her age. You can't be famous and be the oldest person in the world. She's dead by May.

Must now be getting quite high up the oldest people in the world lits with all the recent deaths.

She's probably somewhere around the top 100 oldest in the world. Unfortunately the list stops at the age of 110 so if she survives to her next birthday, we'll see how far down the list she actually is.

She was born March 20, 1897. Currently there are 84 people validated on the GRG website.

There are several non-official cases older than her - Nicholas Kao Se Tseien and Aime Avignon

So in theory, she could be as high up as 87th... but there's probably a few non-notables in-between. She's likely in the Top 100 though.

So one of the first Wikipedia articles I ever saw was Ruby Muhammad's, and that was back in 2004 when she was 107 and I thought to myself, wouldn't it be neat if she made it to 110?

Well, the wait is over. Happy 110th birthday! :):):party:

So one of the first Wikipedia articles I ever saw was Ruby Muhammad's, and that was back in 2004 when she was 107 and I thought to myself, wouldn't it be neat if she made it to 110?

Well, the wait is over. Happy 110th birthday! :):):party:

According to the latest table from the grg.org site, it looks like she is the 84th oldest person in the world.

Alright but tomorrow the party is over. I say the meter stops at 110. Just a guess she is dead on April 12.

Just a guess, the thought of meeting her dear departed other half after death is what's keeping her in this realm. April 12th, hmmm, I say she'll outlast that.

According to the latest table from the grg.org site, it looks like she is the 84th oldest person in the world.

She's likely lower than that; it hasn't been updated to include claims from 1897 yet, since the verification process take a few months. My guess is by the time she actually gets verified, she'll be mid-to-high eighties, as several people above her will have died.

Aime Avignon, for example, is a case that is very likely to be validated.

"Despite her age, she is still in excellent health, still exercising and taking care of herself. She credits joining the Nation of Islam for her longevity"

Another Deathlist 2007 winning pick then..... :lol:

Some recent research suggests Ruby Muhammed's age is exaggerated. If the 1910 census is correct, she was born in 1907.

Just a snippet from a Wiki talk page...

Does the self-same talk page - like - source this research?

So for all we know the source of that Wiki information was Iain, or someone like him.

So for all we know the source of that Wiki information was Iain, or someone like him.

No, for your information, MPFC, the author of that research is Robert Young, who checks out all claims of longevity for Guiness World Records & is one of the main researchers into the last WWI veterans. He's a thoroughly nasty & unlikeable man, but knows his onions & is, generally, a reliable source.

Incidentially, if you had read the talk page in full, he quotes his source. It is the 1910 US census that he quotes as proof that Ruby Muhammad is a mere 100 years of age.

However, I think - but only think - he's got this quite embarrasingly wrong. Because the source in question lists Ruby Davis as being... white.

So, looks like she IS 110.

(PS I have made the similar comments to the above on the talk page.)

No, for your information, MPFC, the author of that research is Robert Young, who checks out all claims of longevity for Guiness World Records & is one of the main researchers into the last WWI veterans. He's a thoroughly nasty & unlikeable man, but knows his onions & is, generally, a reliable source.

Incidentially, if you had read the talk page in full, he quotes his source. It is the 1910 US census that he quotes as proof that Ruby Muhammad is a mere 100 years of age.

However, I think - but only think - he's got this quite embarrasingly wrong. Because the source in question lists Ruby Davis as being... white.

So, looks like she IS 110.

(PS I have made the similar comments to the above on the talk page.)

well in this interview with her she claims shes 109 last yr

http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/Content?oid=69975

so i dunno

Judging by the 'previous' of the 'Ruby Muhammad is Dead' editor, it's a lame spoof of an Iainesque nature. For example, the same user blanked the wiki pages for Muhammad and Chinese Poetry as well as claiming that "tom jones plays the guitar better than eric clapton"

According to www.deadoraliveinfo.com, she is now believed to be 101; they previously had her listed as 110. The wikipedia page mentioned earlier says that the Ruby born in 1907 and was white was different from the Ruby listed in 1920 as aged c.15.

According to www.deadoraliveinfo.com, she is now believed to be 101; they previously had her listed as 110. The wikipedia page mentioned earlier says that the Ruby born in 1907 and was white was different from the Ruby listed in 1920 as aged c.15.

Yeah, I believe that's true. She wasn't a good choice originally as she may not have had a UK obituary anyway.

Yeah, I believe that's true. She wasn't a good choice originally as she may not have had a UK obituary anyway.

Plus, whether she's 100, 101, or 110, she's in excellent health. Good thing she's off the list.

Elijah Muhammad's son and ex-NoI leader Warith Deen Mohammed has died. His mother was Clara, not Ruby, who wasn't Elijah's widow, though she has been married twice. Clear as mustard.

I'm beginning to doubt this person really exists. If she does she personifies everything that was wrong with the 2007 deathlist.