Two things to ponder on.

1. Will she get a proper obit?

2. Is she 113 or 103?

<stirs> Should have kept her on the list </ stirs> :wheelchair:

Two things to ponder on.

1. Will she get a proper obit?

2. Is she 113 or 103?

Definately was 103.

This woman's been gone two days and has so far only managed to achieve one local newspaper obituary? Are we sure she actually exists and isn't just a prank by DeadOrAlive.info?

This woman's been gone two days and has so far only managed to achieve one local newspaper obituary? Are we sure she actually exists and isn't just a prank by DeadOrAlive.info?

I did notice this obituary on google. There would appear to be a date for the funeral...

I did notice this obituary on google. There would appear to be a date for the funeral...

She probably will get an obit. It took over 2 weeks for an obit for Robert Earl Jones to appear in the papers.

If she has died, surely the first place that would have been updated would have been her website

But there's no mention of her dying

I think she is actually dead, she's just not famous. Seriously, anyone on this site who is aware of her for being anything other than "the oldest alive person on deadoralive.info" step forward. She may have been "the mother of the Nation of Islam", but that's only because Elijah Mohammed or Malcolm X or some other dude said that once, in the same way that if you meet Hulk Hogan as a kid and he goes "You're the #1 Hulkamaniac", that doesn't actually mean anything.

• Like 1

I think she is actually dead, she's just not famous. Seriously, anyone on this site who is aware of her for being anything other than "the oldest alive person on deadoralive.info" step forward.

*steps forward* I was aware of her as "the Mother of Islam".

Perhaps someone would like to contact her via her website to ask if she's dead or not. And she's still purporting to be born in 1897 on there as well. Tsk.

I think she is actually dead, she's just not famous. Seriously, anyone on this site who is aware of her for being anything other than "the oldest alive person on deadoralive.info" step forward.

*steps forward* I was aware of her as "the Mother of Islam".

Perhaps someone would like to contact her via her website to ask if she's dead or not. And she's still purporting to be born in 1897 on there as well. Tsk.

I'll step forward too. In fact I didn't even know she was listed as the oldest person alive on deadoralive.info. but I knew her as being the "Mother of Islam"

I'd only heard of her via here - and that only vaguely, me being too lazy to investigate further.

I assumed she was something to do with Islam too, but on checking, it seems this 'Nation of Islam' malarkey is something different. Turns out she was just some very old American black lady and not what I had imagined at all.

I always get her confused with the fictional visionary 'Mother Abigail' from Stephen King's The Stand.

The 110 is very weird. A Deathlist record at the least, but her fame qualifys.

Fame?

Amongst deadpoolers maybe, amongst the general populace, virtually unknown.

"Candidates must have a certain level of famousness, which is basically that their demise must be expected to be reported by the UK media." If it is isn't you are right TF. If it is then you will be wrong.

I win

Fame?

"Candidates must have a certain level of famousness, which is basically that their demise must be expected to be reported by the UK media." If it is isn't you are right TF. If it is then you will be wrong.

I win

Where was her death reported?

Fame?

I win

Where was her death reported?

Wikipedia has her listed as being dead. although wikiobits has her being alive. and there's a brief mention in the Sacremento Bee 4th paragraph

Haven't seen her death listed anywhere else though

Mother Ruby, who used the name given to her after she joined the Nation of Islam, died Wednesday of <!--fonto:--><span style="font-family:"><!--/fonto-->lung cancer,[/font] said her daughter Ahminah Muhammad.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/03/05/3451162/c...l#ixzz1ISIvARM8

DDT posted this ages ago.

That doesn't count as a proper obit though? You wouldn't get points for it on the DDP?

Mother Ruby, who used the name given to her after she joined the Nation of Islam, died Wednesday of lung cancer said her daughter Ahminah Muhammad.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/03/05/3451162/c...l#ixzz1ISIvARM8

DDT posted this ages ago.

That doesn't count as a proper obit though? You wouldn't get points for it on the DDP?

Don't know. TMiB would be the one to ask.

30 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Do you have any evidence? 

http://www.grg.org/CalmentFraud.html

However, research by the GRG strongly indicates that she is not the age claimed, but a decade younger! In June 2007, GRG Researcher Filipe Prista Lucas identified her in the US Census for 1910 as being age three, contrary to the story cited below. Therefore, Ruby would only be 102, not 112. Subsequent research by others in 2008 has corroborated the initial findings. Ruby's Mother was born in 1889, and would have given birth at eight years old if Ruby were born in 1897. This strongly indicates that 1907, not 1897, is the correct year of birth."

"Sacramento Woman Celebrates 112th Birthday: Ruby Muhammed Born In 1897"

March 19, 2009; Sacramento, CA (KCRA-3)-- Ruby Muhammed celebrated her 112th birthday by dancing. The Sacramento resident was born in Georgia in 1897 and moved to Sacramento when she was 85. That was in the early 1980s. Muhammed was joined Thursday in a celebration at Creekside Village Apartments by her Granddaughter, Gitona Muhammed, Great- granddaughter Najmah Muhammed and friends.

"One hundred and twelve tomorrow, and I'm thankful to allow that to stand on my feet," Muhammed said. "I hope you live as long as I have."

Gitona Muhammed said her Grandmother enjoys bingo, plants and nice jewelry. Muhammed has seen a broader swath of American history than most: There have been 20 presidents in her lifetime. Women didn't gain the right to vote until she was in her mid-20's, and she's lived through a number of military conflicts, including the Spanish-American War. Jazz gained in popularity while she was in her youth, and the television hadn't yet been invented -- and the Internet certainly wasn't around.

• Like 2

Remembering this thread and that she was actually on the DL feels like a fever dream.