Sign in to follow this  
missmanners

Johnnie Cochran?

Guest IYG

Chewbacca defence from Wikipedia (God I love South Park):

Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, Chef's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Stinky Britches" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself!

But ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider: Ladies and gentlemen this [pointing to a picture of Chewbacca] is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee—an eight foot tall Wookiee—want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

But more important, you have to ask yourself, what does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense!

And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation... does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Guest Death List Observer

I can't believe it!

Any deathbed confessions?

It was the glove. That's what did it, what a stroke of genius that was.

Guest One Man Jury
What a surprise this one was!

But not all that unpleasant a surprise.

Mind you, I bet Michael Jackson could have done with him on his defence team. If he could get OJ off, the pervert might have had a chance too.

If you've cancer in your head, you must be dead.

This life is adjourned.

Mind you, I bet Michael Jackson could have done with him on his defence team. If he could get OJ off, the pervert might have had a chance too.

Well he did work out a deal for the gloved one back in the old days in the first money for sex and/or sex for money trial(depends which side you approached from). It was a tidy out of court and undisclosed amount but Cochran was the orchestra leader of the deal.

Anyway, I don't know that his health concerns were what kept him clear of Jackson this time, I think it may have been more a matter of reality settling in that Whackson, er, I mean, Jackson; was a full fledged sleezey pervert. Whatever it was he won't be talking about it any more. (At least not here in an earthly court).

Here are a few places to get the info on the Cochran/Jackson connection:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,108744,00.html

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.ns...hnnie%20cochran

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7330234

You help a pervert buy his way out of jail and wife-murderer walk free. What a great life. Something to look back on.

Rot in hell, asshole...

Cochran was no more than a glorified ambulance chaser who used his ethnicity to champion wealthy people of colour - and line his pockets in the process.

Sadly, I watched the whole OJ trial and, if it wasn't for Barry Scheck's professional destruction of the prosecution's evidence-gathering, OJ would have been "dispatched" appropriately. Cochran was just playing the racist card.

Guest One Man Jury
Cochran was no more than a glorified ambulance chaser who used his ethnicity to champion wealthy people of colour - and line his pockets in the process.

Sadly, I watched the whole OJ trial and, if it wasn't for Barry Scheck's professional destruction of the prosecution's evidence-gathering, OJ would have been "dispatched" appropriately. Cochran was just playing the racist card.

Well he needed an ambulance himself in the end. "To the morgue driver"

Sadly I couldn't post this in this thread https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/1244-johnnie-cochran/ because it is closed for some reason.

Edit: Yay, re-opened, thanks oh gods of DL!

Anyhow, his dad Johnnie Senior has died aged 101. https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/2018/05/04/johnnie-l-cochran-sr-dad-famous-lawyer-dies-101/580498002/

• Like 2