football_fan

Henry Kissinger

He was also present at the grand finale of the Stephen Colbert show (along with future Death List canddiate Willie Nelson). That's why I didn't pick him.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/style/2014/12/19/colbert-exits-with-singalong-and-sleigh-ride/wlYCftwhQIrpfA5hriu0NO/story.html

• Like 1

Was he a vice president?

Was he a vice president?

No, he was Secretary of State under both Nixon and Ford.

Was he a vice president?

And he was the proud originator of the quote "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac". Which if true is lucky for him because being a big roly-poly 90-year-old who sounds like Woody Allen after a botched vocal cord operation is the ultimate anti-aphrodisiac.

Was he a vice president?

And he was the proud originator of the quote "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac". Which if true is lucky for him because being a big roly-poly 90-year-old who sounds like Woody Allen after a botched vocal cord operation is the ultimate anti-aphrodisiac.

Did you do the op Doc? rotfl.gif

My God, that was a bit lame and limp wristed. Students these days need more gumption and a pro-active stance. Having to read it out from a script... I don't know, what is the world coming to?

Calling Kissinger a 'diplomat' is a rather unpleasant distorition of the truth. The man should be judged by his record, and that appears to show that he may be guilty of genocide, murder, and international terrorism. Please change his classification to accurately reflect his 'achievements'. I suggest 'war crimes suspect' as a less biased title. The term 'diplomat' suggests a certain degree of diplomacy in ones actions. To classify most of Kissinger's key actions as being diplomatic in any way, is disingenous at best.

The definition of diplomancy is "the conduct of the relations of one state with another by peaceful means". To brand Kissinger's version of diplomacy as being peaceful in any way, or free from coercion, is just utterly false. Real diplomacy is not coercive, and it does not involve bombing countries, particularly ones that you are not even officially at war with, or even officially acknowledge you are at war with.

Personally, I'd like to see Kissinger face justice, rather than death, if only for the sake of his victims. It is an awful thought that this man should be able to die, thinking that he has escaped the judicial process, and leaving the the victims with no closure to their campaign to seek justice.

From the murderous genocide in Indochina, the illegal and criminal slaughter/mass punishment of civilian population in Cambodia and Laos, the coup, assassination and genocide in Bangladesh, the support for the slaughter in East Timor, war in Cyprus, slaughter in Chile, the murder of democratically elected leader Salvador Allende, Angola, the prolongment of the Vietnam war ... Kissinger has had a hand in them all.

Only a full trial at the Hague, can either exhonerate Mr Kissinger, or send him to face the same penalty as the Nazis, Japanese, or various dictators before him. If Kissinger were really innocent of these crimes he would have taken firm, and immediate legal action against his accusers, assuming that he actually values his reputation (and considering that he appears to be a fairly narcassistic individual, one might assume that he does). The problem for Kissinger, is that he would have to defend against his actions in court, standing before victims from all across the globe. In the glare of worldwide media coverage, he would bring even greater shame to the United States, over its murderous foreign policy, and shine the cold, bright, and hopefully very public light of justice on the terrible crimes committed by America, over the last half century.

While he was no saint, don't forget that in his times, much more was at stake in foreign policy than the reputation of the U.S. Just 7 years before Nixon came to power, the world almost faced a catastrophic nuclear war during the Cuban Missle Crisis. The détente under Nixon and Ford at least meant that direct confrontation between the Soviets and the West became a lesser threat.

As for his support for bloody coups and not-so-democratic regimes, please don't forget that at that time, "winning" the cold war was seen as a matter of life and death (and losing it certainly was the primary reason behind the Soviet Union's demise), so it's not surprising that he wasn't particularly picky when he chose his allies. And winning China over was certainly a diplomatic feat that he can be proud of.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05p6sly/newsnight-23032015 -Appeared on Newsnight tonight (about 28 minutes in) discussing the death of Lee Kuan Lee.Looks fat and very old now ( he is nearly 92 though) but is sharp as a tack

So, he's still got the mental chops to face a war crimes trial, then? Just sayin', like.

Guest Guest

I used to think Kissinger would live to be 100 but after seeing him on Newsnight I've changed my mind.I now think he'll live to be 110 !

Still a wasted pick on the Deathlist, Henry Kissinger is going to travel to Azerbaijan for a diplomatic conference:

http://www.news.az/articles/politics/96912

He also slams Obama's Iran treaty but that was to be expected, I guess... seen below in the Oval Office with 94-year old former Secretary of State George Shultz:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/henry-kissinger-george-schultz-warn-against-barack-obamas-iran-nuclear-deal-1495452

92 today :):birthday::birthday2::party:

• Like 1

Was well enough to attend an open air book signing last Friday.

There is a picture of him seated signing a book.

If you look closely the inscription reads "To all my friends on the Deathlist, Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. See y all again in 2016"

• Like 1

Well, he who laughs last...

Other than employing a 'let's track him from birth so we're bound to get him strategy'can't see why Kissinger is on the list. Another one for the hope rather than expectation thread (which may well exist even though i just made it up). More evidence here http://www.trefis.com/stock/rsx/articles/309399/invest-like-henry-kissinger/2015-08-10

Other than employing a 'let's track him from birth so we're bound to get him strategy'can't see why Kissinger is on the list. Another one for the hope rather than expectation thread (which may well exist even though i just made it up). More evidence here http://www.trefis.com/stock/rsx/articles/309399/invest-like-henry-kissinger/2015-08-10

another possibility to lose next year.

Kissinger has had plenty of health issues, heart-related no less, and of import, they are RECENT issues. Taking him off the list would be a coup d'état for the Reaper to leave the DL down a 'hit'. Don't do it!

SC

He will also be speaking at Helmut Schmidt's funeral, just as he spoke at Egon Bahr's funeral a month (?) ago.

Kissinger has had plenty of health issues, heart-related no less, and of import, they are RECENT issues. Taking him off the list would be a coup d'état for the Reaper to leave the DL down a 'hit'. Don't do it!

SC

Looks like Sir Creep is pinning his colours to the Kissinger mast in the same way Dr Z did with Peter Sutcliffe last year.

That turned out well.

Guest Guested

He is an obvious one to remove from next year's list.

It is cute though that the mere mention of a forgotten member of DL and lo and behold his name sits atop the list of recent activity :-)

SC

• Like 1