football_fan

Henry Kissinger

With Albrights death that makes 8 successive secretaries of state Kissinger has outlived.He has also outlived 8 successive national security advisors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had forgotten Jim Baker was still alive. Was thinking Rice was the next successor still alive. Baker looked well at Powell's funeral then again so did Albright so I suppose no guarantee Kissinger doesn't outlive another one

3 hours ago, Sean said:

With Albrights death that makes 8 successive secretaries of state Kissinger has outlived.He has also outlived 8 successive national security advisors.

Who knows how many more he'll outlive before someone finds that portrait in the attic?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

18 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Had forgotten Jim Baker was still alive. Was thinking Rice was the next successor still alive. Baker looked well at Powell's funeral then again so did Albright so I suppose no guarantee Kissinger doesn't outlive another one

Clinton's also still alive. I believe she comes before Rice in terms of age.

On 25/03/2022 at 05:03, dimreaper said:

Clinton's also still alive. I believe she comes before Rice in terms of age.

John Kerry is 78 and older than Clinton and Rice. 

• Like 1

Interesting Twitter account.

This sounds like something the engineer has made up.

FQpECJFVsAAndWg?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

Kissinger was able to be interviewed by the Financial Times 2 days ago about the current state of the world:

https://on.ft.com/3KYG37k

To be fair it doesn't take too much effort to say "It's Fucked!"

• Like 5

It was a pretty impressive interview for a 99 year old. As I wrote in the comments to the article he deserved a Nobel for that kind of analysis at his age (unfortunately no-one understood the joke, a bit disappointing for FT readers).

• Like 1

On 10/05/2022 at 09:24, Youth in Asia said:

It was a pretty impressive interview for a 99 year old. As I wrote in the comments to the article he deserved a Nobel for that kind of analysis at his age (unfortunately no-one understood the joke, a bit disappointing for FT readers).

I could be wrong, but I feel like George Shultz looked pretty good and was mentally sharp at 99, and then died at 100.  And I think I recall him looking far, far more aged and frail in the last pictures shown of him, as opposed to when he was 99.  It can slip away quickly, obviously, once one reaches this age.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Says video unavailable on my end 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Says video unavailable on my end 

It's the Henry Kissinger song from Monty Python.

Is he going to make 100? It feels very touch and go. Only 12 months and one week to go. 

10 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Is he going to make 100? It feels very touch and go. Only 12 months and one week to go. 

Yes he will

He's still so interested in the world. I think he wants to see how the story ends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

He's still so interested in the world. I think he wants to see how the story ends.

That's the neat part, it never does.

(I'm not liable for this statement if nuclear war breaks out)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I might be in the minority, but I still think he will die at 99. Can't really explain it but then again, there have been so many examples in recent years where "they've made it this far, surely they can last another year?" only to die before making the ton (Zsa Zsa, Billy Graham, Prince Philip, Betty White etc.) - and at that age it sure can go fast.

• Like 3

On 21/05/2022 at 16:46, mollyafox said:

Bunch of amateurs without stamina... that account is a mere 5 months old, while this thread was started in 2005 and he was first included on the Deathlist in 1993.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

On 24/05/2022 at 06:29, I.R.Baboon said:

Bunch of amateurs without stamina... that account is a mere 5 months old, while this thread was started in 2005 and he was first included on the Deathlist in 1993.

The is Zsa Zsa dead yet twitter went on years and the is Abe Vigoda dead yet website was over 10 years I believe.

There's atleast five accounts on Twitter called "Is Henry Kissinger dead yet?" and as far as I know three of them have been inactive for over two years.

Actually, wait, there's more. Oldest I could find was made in January 2017 and hasn't been active since June 2017. Whoever made it  probably thought he wasn't immortal. 

• Like 1