football_fan

Henry Kissinger

There's a short video from a celebration that seemingly took place yesterday. There are additional photos here

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jonah said:

There's a short video from a celebration that seemingly took place yesterday. There are additional photos here

I see, he is taking the Betty White challenge...

• Like 1

Henry Kissinger is going to live to 110 and THAN he will die.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Many of these political nasties seem to live forever....I bet they know some secrets about life extension...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Billy Bob 2424 said:

Many of these political nasties seem to live forever....I bet they know some secrets about life extension...

They literally do. Joe Biden is quoted as saying they "figured out how to make it last longer" referring to Carter's hospice.

It's just interesting wording is all I'm saying. Most would say he got lucky, not they "figured something out".

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It's past midnight in Bavaria where he was born, so I think that counts for him having made the century.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/05/2023 at 15:31, Jonah said:

Every year his head slowly sinks further into his torso, maybe he's preparing for a role as Mike Kawalski in a live action Monsters Inc?

image.png.b97b0e45184787ed8ab22df3254a113c.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Henry Kissinger reached his 100th birthday so he is now the new most notable centenarian ever. I think he will retain this position for some time. It would be very hard for Jimmy Carter to reach 100.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Puma85 said:

Henry Kissinger reached his 100th birthday so he is now the new most notable centenarian ever. I think he will retain this position for some time. It would be very hard for Jimmy Carter to reach 100.

Still two hours left in the US (where he presumably is)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Puma85 said:

Kirk Douglas and Olivia de Havilland, among others, would like a word.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Puma85 said:

Henry Kissinger reached his 100th birthday so he is now the new most notable centenarian ever. 

Don't speak shite. He's not that notable at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, prussianblue said:

Kirk Douglas and Olivia de Havilland, among others, would like a word.

De havilland was not very notable. Kirk douglas was more notable but he was still just an actor 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Was listening an interview today with the Deputy Editor of the Economist who interviewed Kissinger last month for eight hours. He said that Kissinger had mentioned that he is planning to write two more books - one on Artificial Intelligence - which apparently he's very concerned about. Whatever your thoughts on the man's ethics (and they are somewhat dubious) that's remarkable for someone who's now 100.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Was listening an interview today with the Deputy Editor of the Economist who interviewed Kissinger last month for eight hours. He said that Kissinger had mentioned that he is planning to write two more books - one on Artificial Intelligence - which apparently he's very concerned about. Whatever your thoughts on the man's ethics (and they are somewhat dubious) that's remarkable for someone who's now 100.

I think at that age you need things to do, otherwise you'd just be waiting to die.

• Like 1

Imagine if he kicks off on his 100th birthday. Or he could die very shortly after much like Bob Hope, George Burns, Strom Thurmond and Alf Landon all did

• Like 1

By the way, was there others US Secretaries who where centenarians, besides Kissinger and George Shultz ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

By the way, was there others US Secretaries who where centenarians, besides Kissinger and George Shultz ?

I don't think so but there was James F. Leonard (1920-2020) who held the 'cabinet level' position of UN ambassador in the late 70s.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

LBJ's Secretary of the Navy Paul Ignatius is still going, although his post was bumped down from the cabinet before he served. He'll be 103 in Nov.

Based on this interview from last month, he looks very good for his age. Certainly better than ol' Hank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tracy said:

LBJ's Secretary of the Navy Paul Ignatius is still going

I didn’t even know that there was a LBJ Secretary still living !

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Lol the facepalms. Can't post a funny meme if the person is problematic! Cancel culture at work.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2