weasel

World War I Veteran(s)

* I worked with a great great grandson of Haig 3 Years ago, the other boys wisely Telt him to keep it quiet.

• Haha 1

11/11 , hiya pals.

4 hours ago, charon said:

^^ the reason why I'm staying off Facebook. Banned from a photo site ffs on Friday for pulling up one of the cunto s.

All involved with the poppy shite are dead.

Any cash you give goes to  retards and their families to breed more retards for the English Crown.

Fuck them all.

Aye but you're enjoying life in the country they fought for, right? Apart from when you get postal over a FB incident now and again.

Nope.

I'm living in an occupied country Mary.

Always have.

The cunts you give the cash for, are, and were, legitimate targets.

I weep for none of them.

*PS, banned from fb group #2.

Lot of thin skinned folk about, was only on about 5 groups, so fair play to me....

Which brings 1912 down to 5 notable survivors on my list: Roberta McCain, William Frankland, George Leighton, Connie Sawyer and Viola Smith. Only Frankland is really Deathlisty, but I am curious to see who will be the last one standing.

4 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

So he was 2 when WWI broke out?  Why is anyone posting anything here, as I said 20 posts ago this thread should be marked Dead.  
SC

A reason not to kill the thread - there's still occasional newsworthy activity amongst descendants. 

Peace made - sort of - between descendants of dead zeppelin crew and grandson of the trawler skipper who left that crew to die. 

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-leeds-46075850/zeppelin-crash-victims-relatives-make-peace

Eventually some descendent will make such a call because s/he is within sight of their own obitable death

Sorry, I don't believe widows, children, relatives, friends, lovers, siblings, business partners, grandkids, neighbours, or cellmates belong in this thread as we have other appropriate threads for them. 
But hey.....my common sense approach to the DL pages is always defeated for a far more liberal reading of the thread purposes.  So nothing new.  I make my point and descend the soap box pretty consistently, and have so again.  But the military pages seem to me more sacrosanct....their offspring didn't serve, it's an insult to those who did.  No one is more reprehensible than a person who lies about serving in the military.  Fact is no one is alive who served (or was a spouse/sibling of anyone who served) a single day in any capacity in WWI.  Page should be marked dead.  Oops, seems I can't descend the box, me.  :(
SC

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Good at crawling through the trenches? :lol:

Shite. It was the first thing that came up in the search! Normally the WWII veterans thread surfaces first.

I'll move it...

• Haha 1

On 13/11/2017 at 14:31, msc said:

Which brings 1912 down to 5 notable survivors on my list: Roberta McCain, William Frankland, George Leighton, Connie Sawyer and Viola Smith. Only Frankland is really Deathlisty, but I am curious to see who will be the last one standing.

Presumably it was Viola Smith who died at the end of last year?

Shouldn't this Thread have a red "dead" tag by now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

Shouldn't this Thread have a red "dead" tag by now

What about widows of WW1 veterans?

7 hours ago, Deathrace said:

What about widows of WW1 veterans?

So youre telling me Prince Phillip shouldnt get a "dead" tag because his wife is still alive?

If they didnt serve in ww1, they arent vets

17 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

So youre telling me Prince Phillip shouldnt get a "dead" tag because his wife is still alive?

If they didnt serve in ww1, they arent vets

Just making the point that a WW1 widows thread might now be interesting 

8 hours ago, Deathrace said:

‘Fuck off’ would be too nice a response.  

15 hours ago, Deathrace said:

The last WW1 widow died in 2018. She was Dorothy Ellis & aged 96. She was 23 years younger than her husband Wilfred who died in 1981 aged 82.

1 hour ago, The Watcher said:

The last WW1 widow died in 2018. She was Dorothy Ellis & aged 96. She was 23 years younger than her husband Wilfred who died in 1981 aged 82.

If there was an American Civil War widow in 2020 (64 years after the last veteran died) I very much doubt that all the widows of the wwi veterans are dead in under ten years after the last veteran died.

Pretty sure there are even a couple of widows of famous wwi vets out there.

As one example Jay P. Vanderbilt, I expect he's still alive and will be 70 next year. Widower of author and suffragist, chief yeoman in the navy Dorothy Frooks (1896-1997) who he got married with in 1986 when she was 90 and he was 34. 

Who cares? The reason why we don’t know is because there’s no interest in non-notable widows.

Thread should get a dead tag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, arghton said:

If there was an American Civil War widow in 2020 (64 years after the last veteran died) I very much doubt that all the widows of the wwi veterans are dead in under ten years after the last veteran died.

As one example Jay P. Vanderbilt, I expect he's still alive and will be 70 next year. Widower of author and suffragist, chief yeoman in the navy Dorothy Frooks (1896-1997) who he got married with in 1986 when she was 90 and he was 34. 

5 hours ago, arghton said:

When the centenary of WW1 was 'celebrated' in 1914, it was stated that only 1 WW1 widow was still alive - presumably it was Dorothy Ellis who was born 4 years after WW1 ended. Unlike the American Civil War we do not appear to have WW1 veterans in their 80's marrying serving girls/housekeepers in their 20's to stop the neighbours talking!

• Like 1