Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Here is an updated list of Hollywood possibilities 85 & over as of 2011

11. Jane Russell, born 1921

Dead.

• Like 1

This article provides a summary of the Golden Age of Hollywood types who are still going now that Liz Taylor has passed away:

http://www.pbpulse.com/movies/2011/03/23/t...taylor-is-gone/

It doesn't contain much health info and it is rather dubious given it cites Wikipedia as its sole source but it is a handy checklist.

79 year old Margaret Tyzack has joined Eastenders' cast. Old enough to have appeared in a leading role in the original Forsythe Saga on BBC 1, and well-enough stacked with theatrical plaudits to be obit-worthy.

Obviously, she's healthy enough to be insurable...for now.

She's lasted just one episode.

"The character made her debut in last Tuesday's episode ... but the actress is now said to have left the soap due to a "personal matter".

Replaced with an 83 year old who has lengthy form in soapland. Doubtless the "personal matter" involved Tyzack's theatrical pedigree and "wrap and run" ethos of Eastenders shooting.

And then there's former child actor Jackie Cooper, who starred in the original Champ who turns 88 in a few days.

not any more there's not ! http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/tv...-died-1.2856940

This week we've had Cooper, Henry Cooper, Ted Lowe AND Bin Laden...can't believe not one of them was on the official DL! Maybe not too long to wait for success #5?

And then there's former child actor Jackie Cooper, who starred in the original Champ who turns 88 in a few days.

not any more there's not ! http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/tv...-died-1.2856940

This week we've had Cooper, Henry Cooper, Ted Lowe AND Bin Laden...can't believe not one of them was on the official DL! Maybe not too long to wait for success #5?

Ted Lowe is the only one of those who really "feels" like a DL pick tbh, and even then I don't think the committee are that big on snooker?

Kevin McCarthy, the actor who starred in the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", has died of natural causes aged 96.

His co-star Dana Wynter's body has been snatched by the undertaker.

Kevin McCarthy, the actor who starred in the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", has died of natural causes aged 96.

<grumpyoldman>

According to her Wikipedia entry, she was once described as Hollywood's "oasis of elegance." I guess that means all we have left now is a desert of Britneys and Lindsays... :skill2:

</grumpyoldman>

I think thats the entire cast of Bodysnatchers dead now isn't it?

I wonder how Andy Whitfield of Spartacus fame is doing, I looked online and can't find anything since Jan 18th .

facebook page

"Last I heard he’s doing great, fighting the good fight, very much concentrating on his health and family. It’s a horrible thing, I wouldn’t wish it on anybody. I have no doubt Andy... will beat it. He’s one of the strongest and most centered men I’ve ever met. He’s very private, but I hear third-hand that he looks great and is in high spirits."

Ted Lowe is the only one of those who really "feels" like a DL pick tbh, and even then I don't think the committee are that big on snooker?

They were all viable picks really, Bin Laden had in fact been on the DL already at least once

They were all viable picks really, Bin Laden had in fact been on the DL already at least once

Bin Laden was a viable pick 8-10 years ago. After he disappeared there really was no point on sticking him on the list.

Henry Cooper should have been a DL pick - especially given some of the boxers the committee regular pick.

Bin Laden was a viable pick 8-10 years ago. After he disappeared there really was no point on sticking him on the list.

Henry Cooper should have been a DL pick - especially given some of the boxers the committee regular pick.

Cooper was a unique pick on DDP, so hardly a bad miss. Not as bad as Seve, a gamble that failed.

Ted Lowe would have been a perfect DL pick (if we had had him) - can confirm from reliable sources that "the committee" love snooker but not as much as darts.

Showed a friend DeathList today and he was greatly amused by your very Pommie brand of relentlessly dark humour and complete lack of mercy. :P

He then pointed out that the thing that has surprised him is that it has been so very, very long since some stoned actor/actress has killed themself in a car wreck. There have, of course, been big deaths this way in the past with the likes of Jayne Mansfield, James Dean and Grace Kelly but it has been a long time since any such incident. The only one in recent years that we could think of was Linda Lovelace, hardly a mainstream actress :banghead: and well and truly out of the limelight by the time she met her demise...

With all of the debauched incidents over the last few years involving Lohan, Charlie Sheen, etc, etc, etc, Hollywood is apparently back to being as boozy and decadent as ever so how long until we hear about a single vehicle write-off signalling the end credits for a major modern-day luvvie? Stars are wealthy enough to buy both ridiculously powerful vehicles and even more powerful drugs or do we think that Princess Di's demise is still fresh enough in their minds to act as a deterrent?

Personally, I blame cars designed by computers and packing effective airbags. Oh yeah, and those pesky mobile phones that summon help rapidly, even in the middle of nowhere. I think the days of wholesale car related carnage for these loose livers are probably gone for good. It's the odd one, like Lovelace, now, and that's it.

The same has happened to air travel. Cars and planes are just not as reliable as they used to be in accounting for the rich and famous. Buddy Holly, Marc Bolan, Isadora Duncan....when was the last time anyone got their scarf caught in the wheel? Elf and safety has a lot to answer for. Even drugs don't do it like they used to. How long as it been since anyone noteworthy drowned on their own vomit? No, the biggest killer these days seems to be a lack of publicity leaving the said stars to die of underexposure. I'm sure that's what killed Liz Taylor and it's the constant news bulletins about Zsa Zsa Gabor that's keeping her going. Ignore her for a week and, mark my words, she'll be a gonner.

In fairness, the "biggest" death since OBL was Randy Savage's and he went in a car accident. Admittedly because his heart gave way due to years of steroid abuse rather than because he was tips, but still. Also he was a movie star cuz he was in the first Spider Man film.

The same has happened to air travel. Cars and planes are just not as reliable as they used to be in accounting for the rich and famous. Buddy Holly, Marc Bolan, Isadora Duncan....when was the last time anyone got their scarf caught in the wheel?

Actually, planes can still take out the odd victim with the likes of John Denver and Aaliyah going over the last decade or so.

I still think Isadora Duncan's departure was the greatest death of all time. :banghead:

The thing is, airbags aside, we don't even hear about many actors/actresses being involved in crashes in the first place. Even when there is the odd incident now and then like those involving Lohan and Zellweger and Mel Gibson they all seem very minor unless the Hollywood publicity machine is downplaying them. Were any of the incidents so bad that the airbags even activated?

The other thing I wonder is, if any of the current crop star/starlet were to die young would they be "immortalised" the way Dean was or have we moved beyond that? I am guessing it actually would, since the demises of River Phoenix and Heath Ledger has apparently added a layer of mystique to them in the eyes of their fans although that Britney Murphy girl seems to have been swiftly forgotten, not that she was so well known to begin with.

• Like 1